Disability living allowance and attendance allowance threat (1 Viewer)

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
A government green paper has revealed plans to stop paying disability benefits and hand the cash over to social services instead. The consultation period for the green paper ends on 13 November. If there has been no significant outcry against the plans by then, it seems very likely that whichever party is in power after the next election will seize this opportunity to cut public spending by over a billion pounds a year. Although the actual changes may take years to be brought in, it is what happens between now and November 13th that is likely to seal the fate of attendance allowance and disability living allowance
look at this http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/disability-living-allowance-(dla)/dla-aa-cuts

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well I hope my dads social worker does not administer it:Doh::cry:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
'This lot' has gone way beyond the thin end of the wedge. We are at least halfway up the wedge now. In theory it's correctish isn't it - ie to fund the help that people actually need. Isn't it funny how one so rarely hears of anyone actually receiving the help they need? Somehow I ain't very convinced the funding would ever find its way into the help for ME, should I ever need it though.

Funny how the Gov all my working life have treated me as a distinct person and not interested in anything about my husband cos he's another separate entity. But as soon as you claim a benefit, suddenly it matters that he has a job etc which means I hardly qualify for anything at all. Oh and the fact that the entire house and the mortgage is in my name only, counts for nowt either. Never claimed a penny in my life before and now I try to, can't. (without a job and ill)

There has surely gotta be some other way of beating benefit scroungers rather than removing all the benefits so they can't?????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Unfortunately the Country is broke:Sad: We don't have enough to pay our very considerable debts in the world.

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
In a way i think this is meant to hit the ones who have moved abroad,as they are legally allowed to claim it still [DLA],also as per usual the system got abused so the honest ones will get shafted for the few that screwed the system..

i think they should also stop winter payments ,only paid by submitting your Winter fuel bill to get it,as a bove, i know of a few people who live in a Few Countries [Spain/Cyprus] they STILL get the winter fuel payment from the UK even though the live there as they were entitled to it before they left the UK,the system does need rethinking entirley

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Presumably they paid into the system during their working lives, where they choose to spend their retirement is their concern.

Kommandant

Free Member
Nov 21, 2009
Funster No
Unfortunately the Country is broke:Sad: We don't have enough to pay our very considerable debts in the world.
If the country is so broke why have we just sent another 500 troops to a country we are supposed to be pulling out of. Cutting benefits to pay for then I suppose. what a stupid government we have to live with.
But then again the more we send in the more that get killed and the less pensions will have to be paid, less social care less housing. One way to cut future expenditure I suppose.
Wake up people and vote in a decent government, if you can find one.

Last edited:

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Unfortunately the Country is broke:Sad: We don't h/ave enough to pay our very considerable debts in the world.

Yet they can afford over a grand a week for immigrants to stay in a flat in london? Then they wonder why bnp are getting more and more votes.All mps are totally out of touch with the real world.
DAVE

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Originally Posted by Autoquest View Post
Unfortunately the Country is broke We don't have enough to pay our very considerable debts in the world.

Who Broke It then? A bunch of (W)(B)ankers?:ROFLMAO:!!!

Been paying in to the system for 50+years man & boy, so anything I do (might!) get back I HAVE PAID FOR OVER AND AGAIN!!!!!.

some come to this country, and get benefits from day one, never paid a penny!!! NO ONE should get any benefits until they have paid FULL RATE taxes for at least 10 years!! (or their parents have).

End of Rant, Ah!! that feels better!!!

pete

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Does this help clarify things?

Health Secretary clarifies Government position on disability benefits

• Date: 22 October 2009
The Secretary of State for Health has made it clear that Disability Living Allowance for the Under 65s will not be affected by Government plans to create a National Care Service.
Speaking at the National Children and Adult Services Conference in Harrogate, Andy Burnham MP said: "I am encouraged by the response to our Big Care Debate and welcome the fact that other political parties are beginning to put their ideas on the table. There are big differences between what we are saying but we are beginning to create what I wanted to see - unstoppable momentum for legislation in the next Parliament.
"But, while the debate is moving quickly, I do want to stress that the door is wide open for discussion. We are still in a consultation period. No decisions have been made on funding options. We are still listening – about funding, about structures, and about how to build a forward-looking system of care.
"One avenue I do want to close down, however, is the debate and controversy over Disability Living Allowance.
"We recognise that this is an important benefit for disabled people, and I can state categorically that we have now ruled out any suggestion that DLA for under-65s will be brought into the new National Care Service.
"This is because, whilst there will be increases in the numbers of disabled people of working age who need care, the majority of the people needing care in the future will be older people.
"However, we do think there may be a case for bringing together elements of some disability benefits, such as Attendance Allowance, with social care funding, to create a new care and support system to provide for the needs of older and disabled people.
"But the important principle is that people receiving any of the relevant benefits at the time of reform would continue to receive an equivalent level of support and protection under a new and better care and support system.
"And let's not forget, everyone - regardless of wealth or asset base – will benefit from the protection and peace of mind that the National Care Service will provide."
The Government is currently carrying out a consultation – the Big Care Debate - on the new National Care Service, a vision for which was set out in July’s Green Paper Shaping the Future of Care Together. The Big Care Debate continues until 13th November.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hope social services dont get involved in my dad attendance allowance as they are totally incompetent in my area without this.

God help all on Attendance Allowance:Doh:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hope social services dont get involved in my dad attendance allowance as they are totally incompetent in my area without this.

God help all on Attendance Allowance:Doh:

I know what you mean from personal experience. The service and quality of care really does vary from county to county.

mikel

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
Funster No
If the country is so broke why have we just sent another 500 troops to a country we are supposed to be pulling out of. Cutting benefits to pay for then I suppose. what a stupid government we have to live with.
But then again the more we send in the more that get killed and the less pensions will have to be paid, less social care less housing. One way to cut future expenditure I suppose.

I quite agree with PeteH regarding the tax argument however, even for mys standards, I find the above offensive, in particular the following statement -

Denzle43

Free Member
Sep 1, 2009
Evesham, worcester.
Funster No
MH
Mercedes.
Exp
45 years. And still love it.
A government green paper has revealed plans to stop paying disability benefits and hand the cash over to social services instead. The consultation period for the green paper ends on 13 November. If there has been no significant outcry against the plans by then, it seems very likely that whichever party is in power after the next election will seize this opportunity to cut public spending by over a billion pounds a year. Although the actual changes may take years to be brought in, it is what happens between now and November 13th that is likely to seal the fate of attendance allowance and disability living allowance
look at this Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and Attendance Allowance (AA) threat

I think this is disgusting.

How dare they take this money away from people that have worked for most of their lives and now fallen ill.

But its ok for a Somali woman and her 7 children to be housed in a luxury house in london while the Westminster County Council pick up the bill for £1,600 per week rent while her husband claims housing benefits for himself and one more child living in a seperate flat. Then there are the handouts for them to live, plus all the other benefits.
It was agreed that the luxury house was not big enough for them all.
AHHHHH What a shame.

Its about time this government started thinking about its own people before those from other countrys. I will be happy when the "UKIP" party have made their way to number 10 then the people will have the chance on a say about immigration and the E.U. pathetic laws and items like this. Shamefull.
=================================================
As for the answer from Andy 01424.. I am afraid you are wrong about payment to abroad. I lived in Spain for 11 years. They will only pay you the basics. Like your pension or disability allowance and this has to be agreed first. You can claim nothing else. The people you know and others are still useing a home address to further their claims and that is illegal.. If caught you are in serious trouble.

While living in Spain under doctors advice and agreed by the DHSS I was only able to claim my basic incap benefit. My heating allowance and other allowances were taken from me. It was only because of the good exchange rate back then, that I could afford to live there. And thats why am now back home. The exchange rate is almost level with that of the UK.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
A government green paper has revealed plans to stop paying disability benefits and hand the cash over to social services instead. The consultation period for the green paper ends on 13 November. If there has been no significant outcry against the plans by then, it seems very likely that whichever party is in power after the next election will seize this opportunity to cut public spending by over a billion pounds a year. Although the actual changes may take years to be brought in, it is what happens between now and November 13th that is likely to seal the fate of attendance allowance and disability living allowancelook at this

Problem is huge cuts will have to follow the next election it will affect every part of the population both able, disabled young and old alike. I’m sure this won’t be the last grievance we see aired on this fun motor home forum.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We are carers for adults with Learning Difficulties ( used to be mentally handicapped ). Disability Living Allowance is a vital part of their income, it is not means tested and assists a group of adults that do not generally have the ability to earn a living as they must compete in the jobs market against those without disabilities for the same ' minimum wage '. Many attend Day Centres, many do nothing all day as the support for them is reducing year on year.
To have instigated this effort to take away much of their income would be a punitive act by a miserable government. :Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back