Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Folks
Ive noticed that there are 173 members on line and a whopping 224 guests.

Why so many guests. Why dont you guys register as members, it will help the site and everybody is really welcomed here so join the funsters folks, it only takes a minute.

Jim
:thumb:

nozzmoking

Free Member
Jul 31, 2008
West Berkshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2008
Every forum will have a multitude of 'lurkers'. People who want to get information but for whatever reason don't have the time/inclination to register and get involved. I expect we've all done it.

The search engine spiders also show up as guests. Each time a post is made a spider will be in there collecting and indexing the content almost instantaneously.

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
They might be members who haven't logged on.:Smile:

Well, some of them might.:whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You never know who is reading open forums, thats why it pays to think before you put things in writing.:winky:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The dark side are lurking...

lurker.jpg

darkside.jpg

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months
I know that when I joined it tookabout three months to get my account activated, do not know why but it was very frustrating( they must have heard of me!):Doh:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I know that when I joined it tookabout three months to get my account activated, do not know why but it was very frustrating( they must have heard of me!):Doh:

Hi Nick, sorry you had problems. the process should take less than 3 minutes not months:whatthe: Funsters activate their own accounts. We send you an email within seconds of registering; you must answer that to prove that you reside at that email address. This automatically validates you. Usually the whole process takes just a couple of minutes. Presently we have around 600 new members a month joining us this way.

We do insist that every email is unique and that it is valid and answered. Problems occur (every single day) when our authentication email gets mistaken for spam and gets eaten or hidden on the new Funsters system. Or the email that is registered is wrong and they never get the mail, (every other day) We then have to manually register you.

If we turned this validation off, like one forum I know does:winky: Then we would get at least double the amount of new members, but not genuine ones, as a lot of those would only be interested in spamming the membership and we just don't have (or wish to have) a large number of moderators to delete the spam they generate.

Re: all those Guests
A lot of the "guests" at any one time will be search engine robots indexing our vast resource and spam bots trying to reach our members.

The rest are regular users sent here mostly by search engines. Google sends us 4000 visitors most days, most of these people are pointed here from Motorhome related searches, but if you think about the wide variety of things discussed on our forum from airguns to windows XP, all indexed by google, so guests could be searching for almost anything and finding what you have to say about it:whatthe:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
And just to prove Jims point ( not that it needs it )......

The post about the Pilote 800 which was made today already shows up on Google page 1 when you search Pilote 800.

Thats fast.

Last edited:

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months
Hi Nick, sorry you had problems. the process should take less than 3 minutes not months:whatthe: Funsters activate their own accounts. We send you an email within seconds of registering; you must answer that to prove that you reside at that email address. This automatically validates you. Usually the whole process takes just a couple of minutes. Presently we have around 600 new members a month joining us this way.

We do insist that every email is unique and that it is valid and answered. Problems occur (every single day) when our authentication email gets mistaken for spam and gets eaten or hidden on the new Funsters system. Or the email that is registered is wrong and they never get the mail, (every other day) We then have to manually register you.

If we turned this validation off, like one forum I know does:winky: Then we would get at least double the amount of new members, but not genuine ones, as a lot of those would only be interested in spamming the membership and we just don't have (or wish to have) a large number of moderators to delete the spam they generate.

Re: all those Guests
A lot of the "guests" at any one time will be search engine robots indexing our vast resource and spam bots trying to reach our members.

The rest are regular users sent here mostly by search engines. Google sends us 4000 visitors most days, most of these people are pointed here from Motorhome related searches, but if you think about the wide variety of things discussed on our forum from airguns to windows XP, all indexed by google, so guests could be searching for almost anything and finding what you have to say about it:whatthe:

Not a problem, I am here now and lovin it:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Google is constantly indexing the site and then placing our content high. Look, I just Googled "Link RemovedThe name of this thread :Smile:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Google is just amazing! Thats how we found this site and joined the funsters - the best thing we have done

:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back