Mingers everwhere! (1 Viewer)

ronfleur

Free Member
Apr 26, 2008
Funster No
Hi
Just returned from a stay on corner secluded plot in an idyllic rural setting in Limousin France which was spoilt by a couple of English mingers. (actually the woman was French Canadian)he was English and they had an English van and car. Apart from their early morning cigarette smoke drifting across (nothing like fresh French country air) and the constant coughing day and night due to them chain smoking. Their "conversation" was always at full volume, as was their stereo the first night which I and another camper had to complain about. They even had a blazing row at 3am one morning. They used their awning all the time so there was little respite from their din. Moving within the site wasn't really an option as free spaces were all around them....I wonder why? Just goes to show that there are mingers everywhere!
PS I hope they read this and recognize themselves!

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi
Just returned from a stay on corner secluded plot in an idyllic rural setting in Limousin France which was spoilt by a couple of English mingers. (actually the woman was French Canadian)he was English and they had an English van and car. Apart from their early morning cigarette smoke drifting across (nothing like fresh French country air) and the constant coughing day and night due to them chain smoking. Their "conversation" was always at full volume, as was their stereo the first night which I and another camper had to complain about. They even had a blazing row at 3am one morning. They used their awning all the time so there was little respite from their din. Moving within the site wasn't really an option as free spaces were all around them....I wonder why? Just goes to show that there are mingers everywhere!

Sorry,,,,, Nikki and I are not guilty this time, we I was at work all day Guv:Eeek:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi

Wasn't us either cos we is in Spain! :thumb::thumb:
Anyone know where Blisters is????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

wanttobeaway

Free Member
Oct 26, 2009
on tour
Funster No
MH
white one
Exp
only 3.2 and counting
Mingers

I thought you ment some ugly lasses

I dont think it was me cannot remember being there

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Sorry you had a bad time. Your definition of a minger is a wee bit different to mine.

If I smoke and cough I'm a minger ? :whatthe:

It would take a grenade to wake me of a night, thats if it could drown out SWMBO'S snoring. There's no way I would be woken by somebody coughing.

What were these people smoking that it could cause such offence out in the open air, where I believe its still legal to smoke.:RollEyes:

Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you think that is bad you should try a week end at Billing Aqua-drome .. proper mingers there .. :Eeek:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If you think that is bad you should try a week end at Billing Aqua-drome .. proper mingers there .. :Eeek:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That place should only be mentioned if you have a statue of Bhuda, a cross, a bottle of holy water, a statue of Khaki, another of Vishnu, and any other possible way to ward off evil spirits !

Oh and apart from the smoking and coughing it does sound a bit like me and Mo ! LOL !

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That place should only be mentioned if you have a statue of Bhuda, a cross, a bottle of holy water, a statue of Khaki, another of Vishnu, and any other possible way to ward off evil spirits !

Oh and apart from the smoking and coughing it does sound a bit like me and Mo ! LOL !

This place sounds like a challenge, Ive got to have a go :roflmto:

Jim
:winky:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
This place sounds like a challenge, Ive got to have a go :roflmto:

Jim
:winky:

I wouldn't do that if you value your possessions.. if it aint screwed, riveted or bolted down it will walk.. and I'm NOT joking .. :Eeek:

Billing Aqua- hell would be more appropriate :Sad:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Couldn't have been so bad after all as you stayed put.
Or wasn't moving off site an option?

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I wouldn't do that if you value your possessions.. if it aint screwed, riveted or bolted down it will walk.. and I'm NOT joking .. :Eeek:

Billing Aqua- hell would be more appropriate :Sad:

We should put this on the list Jim

A Frames
Gas
Billing Aqua Hell :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim
::bigsmile:

Jarkin

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
Funster No
Hi,

Can you tell us if it was as bad as you say, why you stayed so long, and just how far away were they when they were smoking,

Be interested in your replies, so I can change my habits:Blush:

Hi

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
It wasnt me, honest, I was at the Essex Meet - or could you really hear me that far away ::bigsmile:

My goodness what an experience!!!

I smoke, I drink, I occasionally shout - sometimes I dont realise it as I am actually partially deaf. I occasionally sing and am really game for a laugh but I would be extremely offended to be classed as a minger.

Certainly where I come from the terms minge and minger have a very different and quite rude meaning.

Overall I noticed more noise when away in the motorhome this year and I do think it has a lot to do with people trying camping whether in tents, caravans or motorhomes. People dont always realise how much sound travels or that awning walls are not as thick as house walls regardless of it being day or night.

At one point in the summer we were parked next to a caravan with an awning which had 6 children including a young baby and yes, they were noisy and yes occasionally the adults got to the end of their tethers and shouted and yes after a few nights of being woken by the baby crying at 3am it did start to get to me a little but we were very understanding.

It should all be about give and take and, if you are brave enough or honest enough to do so, you acquaint yourselves with the neighbours and very kindly and gently give them tips.

We were all new to this once and there are many more tent and caravan owners who are first timers due to the financial climate.

With regard to your quote

PS I hope they read this and recognize themselves![/QUOTE]

I would very much doubt that they are motorhome fun members because all the motorhome funsters I have met have been polite, courteous and helpful although admittedly we can be noisy when we are partying together.

OP
OP
ronfleur

ronfleur

Free Member
Apr 26, 2008
Funster No
Its the Awning!

Really if people want to make noise if they were to retire to their van or MH it would be less of a problem.
It was the noise rather than the smoke which i was complaining about!

mikel

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
Funster No
I have sensitive ears too Ronfleur. But the beauty of the campervan is you have your own wheels so if the neighbours are from hell - move on.

Mind you that isn't always as easy done as said.

A couple of years ago whilst travelling south through Spain towards the end of the season we found a lovely, near-deserted smallish campsite in a stunning walking location . We arrived at lunchtime and thought how lucky we were. Only two others on site. A caravan at one end, someone with tents in the middle and us at the other end under a few pine trees.

We were a bit tired after the drive so we had lunch followed by an enjoyable walk in the afternoon. Afterwards we busied ourseves around the van, as you do.

A white van pulled in to the site leaving a trail of dust in the air. The van pulled up next to the tents and three chaps got out. They weren't speaking but shouting, swearing too. They completely ignored us as I said hello. Anyway it got worse, CD player at full volume, and the shouting more permanent as the beer was consumed. They were three British lads staying onsite whilst they worked during the day. Seemed to be the building trade.
Even wolf whistling at the wife as she made her way towards the toilet block.

Oh sh$t we thought. Never mind they may be quiet tomorrow. But alas no. We stayed another night simply because we enjoyed the area.

We thought about complaining but no doubt we would have become significant personas non grata so we kept quiet content in the knowledge that we would soon be heading further south.

The morning of our departure arrived. The tentville was quiet as our builder neighbours were off to work. So we headed for the water dumping area. Emptied the tanks, rubbish and checked around the vehicle. Then I had an idea !

My wife said NONONO. I said YESYESYES. I backed up to our pitch and with my wife as lookout I made my way to the side of the van. A quick look around to check all was well I quietly pulled out the cassette, you know the one I mean. I made my way to the neighbours tent using the trees to hide. I opened the zip to the tent and emptied the contents annoyingly getting a couple of drops on my shoes. Open sandals they were.

Back to the van we drove off through the site happy in the knowledge that we were free to roam.

As the say 'don't get angry, get even'.

So some will think I'm the minger but I prefer to be thought of as a counter-minger.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
your wife me thinks was right there are other ways of the dont get mad get even

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
. I made my way to the neighbours tent using the trees to hide. I opened the zip to the tent and emptied the contents annoyingly getting a couple of drops on my shoes. Open sandals they were.

Frankly I think that was well out of order, the 'lads' may have been noisy and loud mouthed but they didn't deserve that.. you should have listened to your wife.. after all , what good did it do other than to antagonise them toward the next unfortunate camper van that rolled in..

jim

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
We thought about complaining but no doubt we would have become significant personas non grata so we kept quiet content in the knowledge that we would soon be heading further south.
So some will think I'm the minger but I prefer to be thought of as a counter-minger.

'we would have become significant personas non grata' So by doing what you did you'll not be then? O.K.:whatthe:

Better to have complained I think.:RollEyes:

Jarkin

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
Funster No
I really don't think i like this site if there are people like you on it, that was bloody disgusting and you should be ashamed to even admit you did it,

I just hope those chaps are members of this site so they can see who did it.

Bloody disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.

My wife said NONONO. I said YESYESYES. I backed up to our pitch and with my wife as lookout I made my way to the side of the van. A quick look around to check all was well I quietly pulled out the cassette, you know the one I mean. I made my way to the neighbours tent using the trees to hide. I opened the zip to the tent and emptied the contents annoyingly getting a couple of drops on my shoes. Open sandals they were.

Back to the van we drove off through the site happy in the knowledge that we were free to roam.

As the say 'don't get angry, get even'.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Absolutley disgusting, do you also book up Caravan Club sites and not turn up?

nozzmoking

Free Member
Jul 31, 2008
West Berkshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2008
Although I totally agree with many of the previous sentiments, I think we probably need to cut Mike a bit of slack. I'm sure he's now totally embarrassed about the situation, and is probably kicking himself that he didn't stop to think, before posting. I think it's just a case of someone forgetting he's in a public forum, and thinking he's down the pub with his mates. (This is the type of story that would generally raise a laugh, rightly or wrongly, in certain environments).

It'd be a shame to see the tone of this thread descend any further. I think it's time to give the guy a break, it's not as though he's admitted to claiming expenses or something! :roflmto:

C'mon Funsters, let's get back to talking our usual crap! :ROFLMAO:

Just my 2 euros.

Paul

Tin hat firmly in place! :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread