The Camping Map (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Just in case you missed this link which was posted on another thread..
probably the most comprehensive European camp site map on Google .. :thumb:

Link Removed

jim

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
It is very good (I can see some missing) but I sill have to find one where all of the positions are correct.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim I checked this when I first saw it on the "other site" most of the Europeons ones that I know are wrong :Sad: take Lisbon they have camping Lisbon in TWO places, and the other site they show in the centre doesn't exist. Quateria is up the road in Fonte Santa, La Bein Assise near Calais is on the wrong side of the village. I could go on.

Olley

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim I checked this when I first saw it on the "other site" most of the Europeons ones that I know are wrong :Sad: take Lisbon they have camping Lisbon in TWO places, and the other site they show in the centre doesn't exist. Quateria is up the road in Fonte Santa, La Bein Assise near Calais is on the wrong side of the village. I could go on.

Olley

Hi Olley..

I've only checked a few which I found ok .. however
there is a facility to correct or submit data .. :winky:

Link Removed

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim "Change" facility requires a "backlink" to the site, so is intended for site owners to change their details. On a more positive note, most of the UK ones that I know off appear good.

Olley

Last edited:

Jarkin

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
Funster No
Hi,
Thank you for the link

I keep seeing these Google maps with POI's on them which are great, but can someone explain how to use them when traverling, especially in Europe only the internet fees for the most part seem very expensive unless you can find a free wifi connection.

How do people use them when traverling

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Hi,
Thank you for the link

I keep seeing these Google maps with POI's on them which are great, but can someone explain how to use them when traverling, especially in Europe only the internet fees for the most part seem very expensive unless you can find a free wifi connection.

Either transfer them to a map or a sat nav when you have an internet connection.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi,
Thank you for the link

As Derek suggested, but that's labour intensive.. and ok if you have a planned route ..

For the Google map in my signature you can download the POIs from here:
Link Removed

I have emailed Camping Map asking if they can provide POIs for sat nav.. if they do I will upload to the download section ..

jim

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Think the only way you can access a website off line and navigate would be to use a website cloning software click here

would be a big file though

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi using cloning software will get you banned from some sites.

Olley

Jarkin

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
Funster No
Hi, Thank you for the replies,

Its probably me but if i understand it correctly are you saying that you plan the route using google maps with the POI's you are interested in so you can view the actual places and then copy the POI's over to your sat-nav and re-plot the same route now having viewed the ones you want to go to.

I use autoroute most of the time and that has a link directly to I believe maps live or some other Microsoft live maps, will that work the same if i copy the POI's over to autoroute, obviously i can only link back to Microsoft maps live if I have a Internet connection.

Can someone tell me if i have it basically correct or not, as i am having difficulty getting my head around this.

Thank you

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi, Thank you for the replies,

Its probably me but if i understand it correctly are you saying that you plan the route using google maps with the POI's you are interested in so you can view the actual places and then copy the POI's over to your sat-nav and re-plot the same route now having viewed the ones you want to go to.

I use autoroute most of the time and that has a link directly to I believe maps live or some other Microsoft live maps, will that work the same if i copy the POI's over to autoroute, obviously i can only link back to Microsoft maps live if I have a Internet connection.

Can someone tell me if i have it basically correct or not, as i am having difficulty getting my head around this.

Thank you

Hi

That is basically correct, there is a nifty piece of software that does this..

Tyre

jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back