New Double DIN Radio/CD/DVD/TV/Monitor/Sat Nav/BluTooth (1 Viewer)

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi All,

Having got bored with not having the AF facility on the RV I have decided that I will go for one of these:

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-All-One-Satellite-Navigation/dp/B001W19Q9W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=ALQTZ92PZGOLW&s=generic&qid=1258874598&sr=1-1]Kenwood All in One Satellite Navigation: Amazon.co.uk: Amazon.co.uk:[/ame]

Has anyone else done the same or seen one installed or heard about one being installed?

It seems to cover everything needed, including an input for the rear camera. It means my TomTom Truck will be up for sale having only been used twice!

Regards

Chris

OP
OP
G2EWS
Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi All,

Well it arrived and I removed the old one yesterday. Off to Halfords who did not have the correct adaptor, so bought the standard European socket with flying leads and made an adaptor up.

Got all the normal cables sorted and saw it working.

Unplugged and tried to push in the hole, but guess what? Ford double DIN isn't! It's about 1 7/8ths DIN! Pondered over it then got the hack saw out. Carved the dashboard - simple really - and hey presto I now have a fully functioning radio, CD, DVD, blu-tooth phone and sat nav. All seems very good.

Still to connect the rear camera but that will be a bit awkward as this Concord has the rear view screen in the sun blind. So will have to find out where the cable goes and run an extension down to the dashboard.

Will eventually put pics up.

Regards

Chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JumboBeef

Free Member
Jul 27, 2009
Funster No
Yikes: a grand! Sure is nice, but I'd worry everytime I left the vehicle that someone else would think it is nice too.

OP
OP
G2EWS
Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Yikes: a grand! Sure is nice, but I'd worry everytime I left the vehicle that someone else would think it is nice too.

Hi JumboBeef,

You are right of course, but then you would have to worry about the Oyster satellite, the various other expensive fittings, then there is the Motorhome itself. Then all the goodies left at home!

As long as you take the best precautions then that is all we can do. For me that is alarms, immobiliser and tracker in the motorhome, alarms and security cameras at home.

Best regards

Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back