LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
My new van is off to VanBitz in early Feb to get an alarm and solar kit fitted - i’ll provide some photos once done. Plan to do a single Gaslow installation as well. Plus some internal bike storage ideas that are being formulated, but i’ll need to wait until the van arrives to see how it will work in practice.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
My new van is off to VanBitz in early Feb to get an alarm and solar kit fitted - i’ll provide some photos once done. Plan to do a single Gaslow installation as well. Plus some internal bike storage ideas that are being formulated, but i’ll need to wait until the van arrives to see how it will work in practice.

I may have an alarm fitted too - can you give me an idea of the options and price? PM if you don't want to post to 'all' (y). Thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I may have an alarm fitted too - can you give me an idea of the options and price? PM if you don't want to post to 'all' (y). Thanks.
Have a look at Vanbitz website the price is there and don't forget your 10% Funster discount. We had them fit a solar panel and alarm when we bought our van this year and can't recommend them enough.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Have a look at Vanbitz website the price is there and don't forget your 10% Funster discount. We had them fit a solar panel and alarm when we bought our van this year and can't recommend them enough.

I picked up a pack at the NEC in November, but to be honest it was too much for me to take in at the time, wasn't sure if it was the same for all MH types and which options you needed for a PVC ... I'm looking for a really simple answer (but not 42)! ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I know a lot of people say go to Vanbitz but you need to be aware that there are other companies who can put in alarms too! Not everyone lives in their locality so it can be quite a trek if you don't. After a 'bad' start with a mobile fitter we had an alarm fitted by a very well regarded company locally quite a bit cheaper than Vanbitz but the main reason was simply because if there is ever a problem with it, we can go to them to get it sorted (we've had problems with alarms on previous vehicles so it can happen, eg faulty contact etc).

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Mods ... where do I start!!!!! The below are from a list I did to keep track of it all ... there's bound to be some bits missing though and still some stuff to do!!!

General
Lined underbed storage area, lockers, drawers and cupboards; blocked gap at back of overhead cab locker & lined with material. Put in fire blanket, fire extinguisher, smoke alarm and gas alarm; put up oval mirror and clock; replaced cab seats base rear plastic covers with flat panels instead and put in wicker basket for dog toys and black zipped bag behind driver’s seat for dog leads etc; put in dog gate; put pockets on rear & sliding doors; put up coat hooks; put magnetic catches in cupboards and PIR lights too;

Gas
Fitted Gaslow bottles in locker with filler and regulator

Electrical
Fitted solar panel & controller; fitted & wired up 3 x 12v sockets, fitted 12v socket with battery readout display at rear of passenger seat; installed rear view camera; moved lights from original bed head to feet end (new bed head)

Soft furnishings
Fitted cab seat covers, made & fitted dinette seat covers, fitted floor coverings; Velcroed small curtains on end of under bed storage area; fitted curtains and fly screen net for rear doors; made table pad and elasticated cover, cut down plastic table cloths; storage pockets on rear of cab seats.

Cab
Fitted coaster (for sat nav to stick to); fitted electric bike battery & charger holders; lined cubby holes; fitted drinks bottle holders on doors; stuck on clock.

Large Bottom Wardrobe
Put wire shelf over hanging rail; put plastic shelf/basket and waste bin on door; veg racks/shelves in back and screwed in place; put hook up to hang dustpan & brush on, put on extra knob.

Small Bottom Cupboard
Put in shelf, put on extra door knob.

Long Wardrobe
Fitted wire rack and plastic rack on door; put in extra shelves

Lounge
Put metal shelves/plate racks etc in upper lockers; put up dog photos and clock

Kitchen
Put up tea tubs/shelf, kitchen roll holder; replaced worktop hinges/support with 2 metal ones.

Washroom
Fitted shelf in lower cupboard; put up soap dispenser, toilet roll holder, hooks etc; fitted Fiamma winder handle storage clips.

Bedroom
Put up cup ‘shelves’ and ‘bits’ baskets; put TV bracket & securing strap over end of bed with bag for remote/lead, put extra light under locker near rear doors, made barrier for side window and insulated pads for side and rear door windows.​

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We didn't have the time for a 500mile return trip to Vanbitz. We needed an alarm fitting the same week, Vanbitz were fully booked. Now I know that they have a great reputation but any item can go faulty so decided to use a local company just in case I needed any warranty work doing. I used Autosound in Bradford http://www.autosound.co.uk/
They fitted a Thatcham alarm for me for £349.00 and also fitted me a better DAB aerial.
I cant fault the service and would recommend them to anyone.

Mark Haworth

Free Member
Dec 16, 2016
Hull
Funster No
MH
Globecar van conversion
Exp
since 2014
Autowatch alarm and tracker fitted when we bought the van. Tracker is great, there is a phone app that allws us to locate the van anytime. Great if you forget where you parked it when out and about!

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Mods ... where do I start!!!!! The below are from a list I did to keep track of it all ... there's bound to be some bits missing though and still some stuff to do!!!

General
Lined underbed storage area, lockers, drawers and cupboards; blocked gap at back of overhead cab locker & lined with material. Put in fire blanket, fire extinguisher, smoke alarm and gas alarm; put up oval mirror and clock; replaced cab seats base rear plastic covers with flat panels instead and put in wicker basket for dog toys and black zipped bag behind driver’s seat for dog leads etc; put in dog gate; put pockets on rear & sliding doors; put up coat hooks; put magnetic catches in cupboards and PIR lights too;

Gas
Fitted Gaslow bottles in locker with filler and regulator

Electrical
Fitted solar panel & controller; fitted & wired up 3 x 12v sockets, fitted 12v socket with battery readout display at rear of passenger seat; installed rear view camera; moved lights from original bed head to feet end (new bed head)

Soft furnishings
Fitted cab seat covers, made & fitted dinette seat covers, fitted floor coverings; Velcroed small curtains on end of under bed storage area; fitted curtains and fly screen net for rear doors; made table pad and elasticated cover, cut down plastic table cloths; storage pockets on rear of cab seats.

Cab
Fitted coaster (for sat nav to stick to); fitted electric bike battery & charger holders; lined cubby holes; fitted drinks bottle holders on doors; stuck on clock.

Large Bottom Wardrobe
Put wire shelf over hanging rail; put plastic shelf/basket and waste bin on door; veg racks/shelves in back and screwed in place; put hook up to hang dustpan & brush on, put on extra knob.

Small Bottom Cupboard
Put in shelf, put on extra door knob.

Long Wardrobe
Fitted wire rack and plastic rack on door; put in extra shelves

Lounge
Put metal shelves/plate racks etc in upper lockers; put up dog photos and clock

Kitchen
Put up tea tubs/shelf, kitchen roll holder; replaced worktop hinges/support with 2 metal ones.

Washroom
Fitted shelf in lower cupboard; put up soap dispenser, toilet roll holder, hooks etc; fitted Fiamma winder handle storage clips.

Bedroom
Put up cup ‘shelves’ and ‘bits’ baskets; put TV bracket & securing strap over end of bed with bag for remote/lead, put extra light under locker near rear doors, made barrier for side window and insulated pads for side and rear door windows.​
Is there still room for you all in there? Impressive list.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I must get around to taking some photos!!! Too ruddy cold though so it'll have to wait!

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Autowatch alarm and tracker fitted when we bought the van. Tracker is great, there is a phone app that allws us to locate the van anytime. Great if you forget where you parked it when out and about!
Ive got the Autowatch also

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Kitchen
replaced worktop hinges/support with 2 metal ones.

I must get around to taking some photos!!! Too ruddy cold though so it'll have to wait!
Might save you a photo. Not necessarily exactly the same as yours, but I got the general idea from you.

OH is less than steady on her feet & couldn't avoid leaning on the worktop flap, for which it was not designed! In fact the plastic support wasn't designed to hold much more than an occasional cup of tea!

flap.jpg

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Do they just look good, or are they more secure too? How many did you get? (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You're gonna have to change your username to 'Camper Pimper'! :D2

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Ive removed the rear and side door cards, Insulated behind them better. I then added a layer of double thickness foil bubble insulation on the front and reupholstered them in a black leather effect vinyl giving a slightly padded effect.
Theres not much insulation as standard.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Sounds good (y) a picture or two would be nice though ;)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Looks great - for some reason I'd only read 'rear doors' in your post, just goes to show you, a picture and 1000 words (y) ;)

Can't quite make out what the final picture is ... if it's where you stashed the good stuff you might want to edit it out LOL. :)

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
It's the roll of bubble insulation. It shows that it's double layered foil coated.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Is that special carpet? Is that a mirror you have next to the bed/bathroom (on left of picture)? Where did you get the storage nets? Pray tell :)

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
The carpet is machine washable, I cut it to fit where I want it.
The storage nets are on ebay
The mirror it the fridge freezer door

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
@jezport Nice one Jez pick my Campscout up mid March, purchased a fair bit of bling in readiness.I will also order the front piece of reinforced polythene for the front of awning as soon as I know the length of wind out awning that's being fitted, the sides that I've already got should fit the new van.
John.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
and PIR lights too

I see in a couple of threads you've tried more than one type of PIR light, so I wondered which worked out best and which you'd recommend? I'm thinking of something for the shower/toilet area, not sure if we'd need something by the end of the bed too though ... or something water-resistant?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back