Torrent Troubles and Clients (1 Viewer)

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
After getting fed up of trying to bring in a download file stuck at 53% and going nowhere after three weeks, I abandoned the torrent, removed the client (BitLord) off my pc and installed BitSpirit.

OK so the file I was attempting to download was poorly seeded so I didn't expect it to come zooming in. But when I opened the same download into BitSpirit......a spectactular result! At a download rate of 60 - 100KB/s I had the lot in less than two days from just a couple of seeders!

So now on to the next challenge. Two more downloads once again not brilliantly seeded. One at 11gb, the other at 12.31gb. The incomplete files are all in, but thats as far as its got. A total of 8%. :RollEyes: It's showing that its uploading at a rate of 8-15KB/s, but downloading a max of 1-3KB/s.

Two questions.

1) Exactly what is it uploading when there is no complete file to upload?

2) Why has it suddenly decided to 'lock' at a pathetic 8% which now seems to be stuck at?

Any suggestions anyone?

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Torrent clients and networks works via peer-to-peer technology, which means that you download content from other people that have parts of the file on their computers and other people downloads content off your drive.

Everyone only have a few bits of the complete file which is why you are uploading stuff, as someone else will be getting your bits while you at the same time are getting bits off of someone else.

The reason that your downloads are getting stuck could be because nobody is seeding (uploading) the bits you need in order to leech (download) the bits.

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Torrent clients and networks works via peer-to-peer technology, which means that you download content from other people that have parts of the file on their computers and other people downloads content off your drive.

Everyone only have a few bits of the complete file which is why you are uploading stuff, as someone else will be getting your bits while you at the same time are getting bits off of someone else.

The reason that your downloads are getting stuck could be because nobody is seeding (uploading) the bits you need in order to leech (download) the bits.
Understand exactly what you are saying......what I don't is that the 'bits' of each download that i have on my pc are literally just that....bits! And extremely little bits! So what the heck is getting uploaded from my pc when there is virtually nothing to upload?

However they have just now kicked into life at an astonishing mind boggling rate of 18 and 26KB/s respectively. ETA is only 345hrs!!

The other download I successfully got in less than a couple of days downloaded at 60 - 100KB/s whilst the upload rate remained at zero.....hence the reason I got it so quick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
uTorrent

Give uTorrent .. a try, it's the best one I've used, you can look at the number of seeders and see what percentage of the file they have... and how many actually have 100%..

What Is µTorrent?
Micro-Sized Yet Feature Filled

µTorrent is the world's most popular BitTorrent client. Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in µTorrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, µTorrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 2.4.0.0 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange.

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Give uTorrent .. a try, it's the best one I've used, you can look at the number of seeders and see what percentage of the file they have... and how many actually have 100%..
BitSpirit has the same features Jim. The percentages vary though there are a few at 100%.

By the way....am I alone in having difficulty opening MH pages? Thought it may be with me running downloads so now using laptop but still find MH pages sloooooow to open, most noticeable when opening a post on a thread.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back