Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Last year, after staying in a couple of sites with gravel pitches, I replaced all my pegs with hardened steel pegs which won't bend, and a steel mallet to hammer them in.

When I was away this year, I found that on some pitches, they were difficult to remove. I fixed this by buying a 2lb claw hammer. I use it to hammer the pegs in, and it pulls them out again easily, just like pulling nails out of wood. It really works well.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Last year, after staying in a couple of sites with gravel pitches, I replaced all my pegs with hardened steel pegs which won't bend, and a steel mallet to hammer them in.

When I was away this year, I found that on some pitches, they were difficult to remove. I fixed this by buying a 2lb claw hammer. I use it to hammer the pegs in, and it pulls them out again easily, just like pulling nails out of wood. It really works well.

Are you joking :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim
:roflmto:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Why would I be joking??

Obviously, I would not use the claw hammer around awning material, but for guying out the wind out awning, it is quick and efficient.

Doug, Its a reference to the belly locker (joke). Its what may be termed crossed threads :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim

:roflmto:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Im more interested where you found a 32oz claw hammer:Doh: