Dutch Bikes and Bike Racks (1 Viewer)

Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
My wife is keen on purchasing a "Dutch" style bike but from looking at pictures of bike racks it may be difficult to secure it to the rack! I have no rack fitted at the moment but before I do does anyone have any experience of this type of bike?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
We have a dutch style bike. It fixed to our rack OK. Our bike though is English and our local shop applied claude butler handle bars to it (swept back) and its a step through type. Was as expensive as a dutch bike if not more but trying to get one in this country that suited a 5ft women was hard as the dutch all seem to be 7 ft plus.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, Jane has a German Bike, and that went on the rack on our last van, she really likes it,:Smile: and so do I as it has baskets for the back and front, and rear panniers,:winky: so she manages quite well with all the shopping.............:winky: ::bigsmile: Bob.

Attachments

• P4260446.jpg
    P4260446.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 15

Henryhymer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
Funster No
We have dutch style bikes and don't have a problem with fitting on the rack. I always swivel the handlebars round which makes it a bit easier.
Cheers

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
We have dutch style bikes and don't have a problem with fitting on the rack. I always swivel the handlebars round which makes it a bit easier.
Cheers

This is exactly what you should do. Wheelbase is not usually a problem, it's the width of the handlebars.

Turning the handlebars through 90 degrees makes a big difference, and only takes a minute or so, especially if they are secured with an Aheadset.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back