Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Simple question, do we have one?
I've read some reviews (and very good they are too) but as far as I can see, there's no way of bringing up a map and clicking on the area you wish to visit and then a list of sites in that area coming up.
makes for VERY simple searching.
At the risk of being strung up:ROFLMAO: , the Dark Side have a very good system which even as a (now) non subscriber, I can view.
So, do we have a similar system, if not, why not? Is it very difficult to set up?

Ta:thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Why bother when you have google and uk campsites etc and the c&cc site. Duplication of effort springs to mind.

You coudnt reccomend a campsite in the Oxford area for this weekend could you. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim
:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Simple question, do we have one?
I've read some reviews (and very good they are too) but as far as I can see, there's no way of bringing up a map and clicking on the area you wish to visit and then a list of sites in that area coming up.
makes for VERY simple searching.
At the risk of being strung up:ROFLMAO: , the Dark Side have a very good system which even as a (now) non subscriber, I can view.
So, do we have a similar system, if not, why not? Is it very difficult to set up?

Ta:thumb:

You are describing the excellent ACSI DVD but that is poor for the UK.

For the UK it might be re-inventing the wheel, there are one or two I've seen which do this to some extent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

Our own sister site RVOC has one, basically a Google map with links back to RVOC camp site reviews forum. The same system is on ARVC, RVOC and RVF ( see link in signature) all of which I have contributed to.
I have tried to get ONE map that all the RV /MH forums would contribute to but that's never going to happen.. and to have yet another map is, as already said, like re inventing the wheel..

That's not say it's not a good idea, it is, and it's not difficult to start a Google Map but it demands a dedicated person to look after it, it's a lot of work correlating and checking submissions.. .

jim

Last edited:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
You coudnt reccomend a campsite in the Oxford area for this weekend could you. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim
:Smile:

Site at redbridge, opposite the park and ride off the southern bypass. Behind Go Outdoors. about 2 miles from city centre ( use park and ride ) 5 - 10 minutes walk from sainsburys. 5 minute walk to river thames towpath.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back