bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
just got this months camping and caravan club mag.
it says from next year they will be using acsi instead of their present carefree sceme.
and that acsi books will be available from mid december.
so if you want one i'd be pretty quick and order one, as they have sold out for this year.
but will probably print more as it getting more popular.

Deleted User
just got this months camping and caravan club mag.
it says from next year they will be using acsi instead of their present carefree sceme.
and that acsi books will be available from mid december.
so if you want one i'd be pretty quick and order one, as they have sold out for this year.
but will probably print more as it getting more popular.

ACSI not replacing carefree, which is there overseas booking service, but freedom which was a discount voucher scheme for low season.

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
woops
who's a plonker then

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I was on about this card last week and forgot to ask.

Is the card specific to one individual. For example if me and SWHMBO arrived on site with are mh would the one card cover us both or do we ned one each ?

Jim
:Smile:

Deleted User
I was on about this card last week and forgot to ask.

Is the card specific to one individual. For example if me and SWHMBO arrived on site with are mh would the one card cover us both or do we ned one each ?

Jim
:Smile:

One card per unit, but prices are for unit, two people, electric. If more than two people I don't know, maybe extra charge. Well worth the price if touring and mainly using sites, especially in Spain as sites can be very expensive for short stays.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I know i've banged on about this before but personally I found the guide book (which comes with the card) a complete waste. It's very poor.

However the dvd is excellent and well worth the money.

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
it's one per unit i'm afraid
on the back of the card you put your address and passport number,
you normally leave the card till you leave the campsite, which saves you shoeing your passport or even leaving it with the campsite.
i find the book adequate for my needs, but have to admit i havn't seen the cd

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
....i find the book adequate for my needs, but have to admit i havn't seen the cd
I'd recommend it to anyone. If you are lucky and happen to be on a site being visited by an acsi inspector as I was when in Germany, they will sell you one direct. He charged me just five euro for a brand new sealed 2009 dvd.

I've never used the book since.....infact anyone who wants it can have it for free if they send me the postage.

Deleted User
I'd recommend it to anyone. If you are lucky and happen to be on a site being visited by an acsi inspector as I was when in Germany, they will sell you one direct. He charged me just five euro for a brand new sealed 2009 dvd.

I've never used the book since.....infact anyone who wants it can have it for free if they send me the postage.

Discount card only comes with the book, DVD shows all ACSI inspected sites not all of which are in the low season discount scheme.

Deleted User
If anyone is undecided about the benefits of the ACSI discount scheme I will post an example from Easter this year. We spent two weeks at La Aldea, El Rocio in Huelva province Spain.Easter in Spain is high season and very expensive but for some reason at La Aldea the discount was still accepted over this period at €15 with a 7 for 6 as well.
Two weeks with the fiver cost me €180, without discount this would have been €421.80, a saving of €241.80. With a M/home the saving would have been €164.60.
I will admit this was an exceptional saving but for the £11 or so the card and book cost I think it is well worth it.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Discount card only comes with the book, DVD shows all ACSI inspected sites not all of which are in the low season discount scheme.
The discount card is a joke. I lost count of the sites I went to and presented the card only to be told 'we charge less than what the card shows'. In other words, having the card made no difference at all.

The DVD is very comprehensive and lists much more detail as well as far more sites than the book lists....plus of course it's also a full road map.

Deleted User
The discount card is a joke. I lost count of the sites I went to and presented the card only to be told 'we charge less than what the card shows'. In other words, having the card made no difference at all.

The DVD is very comprehensive and lists much more detail as well as far more sites than the book lists....plus of course it's also a full road map.

I have experience of this happening, mainly in France, but for winter touring in Spain and Portugal I wouldn't be without it. In Portugal for instance all the Orbitur sites are in the scheme, not all of them are the best but they do come up to a certain standard and can be expensive without the discount. The value of a scheme like this depends on where you are going and for how long, it is up to individuals to make there own minds up on the facts available. I am merely posting information as an aid to this, to dismiss the scheme as a joke does not seem to me to be helpful at all.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I think there appears to be some confusion over the ACSI Camping Card and ACSI as a company.

ACSI as a company provide a very comprehensive guide to several thousand campsites throughout Europe, they compile these in a number of forms one of which is a DVD, they also provide a rather large (thick) written guide both of which are excellent guides.

ACSI as a company also provide a Camping-Card which provides the holder with out of the main season discounted pitch fees at over 1100+ sites(not sure of the actual number for 2010), the card is accompanied by a small Campsite Guide book which ONLY shows those 1100+ sites that will accept the Camping-Card. It also comes with a very useful map indicating where the 1100+ sites are situated which we find very useful.

While all of these 1100+ sites will be shown in either the DVD or rather large (thick) written guide YOU WILL NOT receive the benefit of the Camping Card discount unless you have purchased THE CAMPING CARD, you won't get any discount by just purchasing the DVD or Larger written Guide.

As for getting lower prices than the Camping-Card, were these campsite listed in the smaller Camping-Card guide or were they just shown in the ACSI DVD, as it would be very interesting to know the names of the sites if they were in the Camping-Card guide as we could put this to ACSI for there opinion,

If they were only sites shown in the ACSI DVD or just general camping sites that you came across during your travels, then i could add quiet a few sites that are cheaper than those that accept the ACSI card.

I personally think the ACSI Camping-Card is exceptional value for money and I have always saved the cost of the Card within the first 2 or 3 nights stay, I wouldn't leave home without it when heading into Europe.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back