The Wagon Visits Quinta Majay... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Taking advantage of a sunny afternoon I took the Wagon and a chainsaw to Quinta Majay where I chopped up a little wood for my friend Mosca's fire, collected a take away tub's worth of olives and checked the under wheel conditions after the recent rain.

The latter item was fine for my rear wheeled (four) driven Wagon (even after I had loaded up the wood. On and off with only a little slipping half way up the entrance "road".)

Where I had strimmed on my last visit in September a nice lot of green grass is growing and I reckon after another go with the strimmer I will be able to use the rotary mower. The next step of course will be a ride on moxer/tractor (small).

I wonder how many eggs one could fry with oil made from this number of olives?

JJ

(can't attach photos here at the moment... don't know why not... I'll put them in my "Quinta Majay" album.)

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Taking advantage of a sunny afternoon I took the Wagon and a chainsaw to Quinta Majay where I chopped up a little wood for my friend Mosca's fire, collected a take away tub's worth of olives and checked the under wheel conditions after the recent rain.

The latter item was fine for my rear wheeled (four) driven Wagon (even after I had loaded up the wood. On and off with only a little slipping half way up the entrance "road".)

Where I had strimmed on my last visit in September a nice lot of green grass is growing and I reckon after another go with the strimmer I will be able to use the rotary mower. The next step of course will be a ride on moxer/tractor (small).

I wonder how many eggs one could fry with oil made from this number of olives?

JJ

(can't attach photos here at the moment... don't know why not... I'll put them in my "Quinta Majay" album.)

Hi JJ, what's next shower block and swimming pool.:winky:::bigsmile:

I'v got a tractor mower for sale.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: bob.

Attachments

• P1020745.jpg
    P1020745.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 18

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
mmm well whatever you do with your olives, dont try tasting them fresh from the tree

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi there Bob,

Two questions...

1. Is it really for sale 'cos it is the sort of thing I am looking for long term.
2. Why won't IE let me attach files to my thread when I can put them in the albums alright...

No to shower blocks!!!! People without their own will have to wash from the well bucket (if the water ever comes back!)

JJ

Last edited:
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi Lynn and Martin,

I'd rather ride around on a sit-on mower than a cow!!!

JJ

(It looks like they use cows to cut the Old Trafford pitch though.. what a dump!)

Last edited:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
you can always buy some cows to eat the grass am sure roger will sell you some as hes got some new baby's ahah:winky:

He doesnt need cows , he needs goats and sheep now they really would help with the land clearance, the goats would eat every weed/fern going and the sheep will keep the grass to just a few centimeters in length.

Get in touch with a local shepherd jj they will be quite happy to be given permission for their sheep/goats to graze your grass, its what we did at our place.

Last edited:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Hi Lynn and Martin,

I'd rather ride around on a sit-on mower than a cow!!!

JJ

(It looks like they use cows to cut the Old Trafford pitch though.. what a dump!)

the mowers only come in red wot dose that tell you .the best teem is in red not a cold bule:thumb:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Good Day Martin... I am keeping a record of all your anti-City comments and when I have my next drinks party at the palace which is also known as the Wagon you might not get an invitation. I have already crossed you off my Christmas Card list...:cry-smile:

JJ

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Good Day Martin... I am keeping a record of all your anti-City comments and when I have my next drinks party at the palace which is also known as the Wagon you might not get an invitation. I have already crossed you off my Christmas Card list...:cry-smile:

JJ

jj for give me i need all the friends i can get being billy no mates .looking forward to April meet so me and you can have some beers up the ---- got me running scared now:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Testing testing...

If olives appear it has worked

Hoorah!

not working, theres a picture of olives but no gin tonic for them to go in:cry:

you do have a bar don't you:Eeek:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Gin and Tonic!? Bit of a girl's drink is that...

Wildman tells me a proper drink is Banana Yum Yum :winky:

JJ

not the way we drink them in yorkshire.....

.......................................................without ice or lemon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back