Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
we have just rung brittany ferries and were told it is not looking good for running on sunday because of the weather . but at the moment they plan to run , if any one sailing on this ferry wants to ring to check if its going the number is plymouth 0871 244 1401 . sea sickness pills at the ready guys :Blush:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hope the wind drops for you - we are getting battered by up to 70 mph gusts at the moment, so perhaps the weather has moved North :)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
sea sickness pills at the ready guys :Blush:

They are very good. I was working in Dublin a few years ago and on one crossing I was hanging onto a rail outside praying for death or at least not disgracing myself. First stop, chemist, buy pills. Qwells I think. Next 3 crossings were just as bad but not a problem after one of those.

Of course in Biskay where the waves are Three Times as High and the crossing Four Times As Long you might need 2 pills.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
thanks brian , i dont care just as long as we sail :ROFLMAO: and it will give us something to talk about when we get there if its really rough :Eeek: god help us :ROFLMAO:

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
A funny tale about ferries and strong winds. Friend of mine went on a girlie weekend to France, on returning home the ferrie couldnt get into port because of the strong winds and she got sea sickness. Convinced she was going to die, whilst in the toilets not being very well, she started crying and asking for her boyfriend Martin. This went on for about 45 mins, members of staff were tannoying " Would Martin Robinson please report to the nearest member of staff". Staff had to go and break the news to my friend that they couldnt find Martin and when she said " I know, he's in Huddersfield" I think they could gladly of thrown her over board, we still laugh to this day about it.

Hope you all have a safe crossing

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
my brother in law swears by leaning over the rail with a £10 note clutched between your teeth.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
having been across on the same ferry a few times and i dont like them the staff on brttany ferrys say drink cocacola proper coke not pepsi or fake ones .it does seem to work .bought 3x 2ltr bottles in asda this afternoon .i,m on that same ferry as theresa. billll. hughhhyyy. brings a lump in my throat.

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
When our daughter first sailed out at sea and she got sea sickness we were told to give her ginger buscuits or anything with ginger in:helptitanic:

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
well today its sunny in cornwall AND guess what the winds gone down (YES) lets hope the bugger stays down :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:got my coca cola , ginger biscuits , five pound note , all ready for sunday :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Five pound note?????:Doh:

Thought it was a Ten pound note you had to hold inbetween your teeth.:winky:

Dont tell me 'credit crunch' and the value of the Ten is now only worth five

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
no ferry

oh well just been told by brittany ferrys that the ferry for sunday has been cnceled so have to wait for a week . lets hope the weather is better then :Eeek::Eeek:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
come on up here in roche we can have a party till next week .hope my mate manages to get on . good job he,s still in scotland. was just about to leave when they rang him. never mind we can pretend and sleep in the truck i supose.

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
i dont mind waiting a week maybe we will have better weather for the crossing then . fingers crossed . means i have another week with my dogs . we do not take them with us as they are staffies and the French and spanish do not like them . they stay in the house with our two sons :thumb::thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you should take the dogs let them have a holiday as well . mines already packed her dish n food ,looks rather confused now bringing things back in to house.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back