calculad

Banned
Nov 14, 2009
Soft South
Funster No
MH
Van Con
Exp
Please can you tell me why my " Link Removed post was pulled?
Is it simply because it had run its course or perhaps it had meandered into an Ox Bow Lake.
Suggestion- How about the powers that be finalising a post with the reasons why.

Winston Smith:Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Some posters are confrontational for the sake of it so some threads get a bit heated, and that is not what this site is about. I would suggest you would get the answer you need rather than stirring things by asking Jim in a PM, he will give you a straight answer, no problem at all.
By the way the chat room is for chatting, the clue is in the title; to come in and ignore someone, (me) who says hi to you then sit there for a while before leaving without saying a word could be seen as some to be very rude. Remind me to ignore you sometime.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Please can you tell me why my " Link Removed post was pulled?
Winston Smith:Smile:

Not censored - shifted and stopped.

Link Removed

One of the rare times in here where it was looking like the dark side. None of us want that to befall this place.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
By the way the chat room is for chatting, the clue is in the title; to come in and ignore someone, (me) who says hi to you then sit there for a while before leaving without saying a word could be seen as some to be very rude. Remind me to ignore you sometime.

I am sure that he was not being intentionally rude Roger. To some that have never been in the chat room before it can be difficult to know what to do. Sometimes newbies just enter to have a look with no intention of speaking to anyone and then leave.

A term like "Remind me to ignore you sometime" is probably not the way to get them to return to your lair for a chat:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
definately the dark nights bringing out the worst in folks......

get one of these and lift your spirits....:ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

You may smile, Pappajohn, but many years ago I employed a bunch of programmers who worked in a room with only overhead natural light.
I read somewhere that sunlight, even artificial, on the back of the neck was a "good" thing, so I bought and installed the lamp for them but I didn't tell them why - didn't want the micky taken if it was a hoax.
Production increased and the mood improved quite a bit. Really:Eeek:
Patrick

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
never been affected so never had the need but i dont doubt they do work.

nothing like sunlight for a feelgood feeling. :thumb:

OP
OP
calculad

calculad

Banned
Nov 14, 2009
Soft South
Funster No
MH
Van Con
Exp
Some people seem to take a huge runnnnnnning jump towards the fence of wrong conclusion, and proceed to snag their underparts on the barbed wire of reason at the top.
I did not know you (Wildman) had "said" anything to me. I do agree with you though, that some posters are confrontational for the sake of it.

I don't know how to speak directly to a person, and I'm not sure what a PM is but just as soon as I click "submit reply" it'll dawn on me.

In fact half the time I don't even know what some respondents are talking about.
I asked a question "stirring things"??? What's that all about?
I came on here for advice.
I picked this sub-forum bEcause it says this in the heading:
"Chat here about anything as long as it is MH related and doesn't fit easily into any other section"

Obviously I need some lessons in netiquette. Yes Jim wise words right down to your last sentence and beyond.
hardhat
Blimey! I thought quantum mechanics was complicated. Teach me the WAYS OF CHAT so I don't offend anyone else.
Serious Question. Am I allowed to re-post when a thread gets hijacked.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi calculad,
easiest way to send a pm is LEFT click on the posters screen name(left of post above avater) and select 'send a private message to XXXXX' from the drop-down list.

that'll take you to the pm text page.

by no means am i suggesting you would, but please be aware though.....pm's can be reported the same as unsuitable/insulting/obscene posts.

nothing to stop you re-posting a thread but it gets confusing when there are two threads by the same person, with the same header, regarding the same subject.

the second thread will probably be hi-jacked just as the first was....its just the way the forum works unfortunately.

Last edited:

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Am I allowed to re-post when a thread gets hijacked.

Probably!:Doh:

Wait for your moment to strike, it takes a lot longer to get an idiotic post to have a go at than on the DARK SIDE! :ROFLMAO:

Enjoy, and strike when the time is right! ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
definately the dark nights bringing out the worst in folks......

get one of these and lift your spirits....:ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

There's a new line for you - half priced SAD lights. Absolute rip off. I think they must emit backward spinning heavy photons. Good phrase that, up the price.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I though Jim posted the answer to your question and a very clear explanation so why would you even ask?:Doh:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Whyever not as long as it wasn't you causing the boss concern.

You were unlucky with that one, you never realised what mentioning censorship and being thrown off forums was going to trigger.

And if we go off at a tangent you'll just have put up with us and keep asking. Sometimes tangent is good. Like the guy who asked how to set off a pepper bomb and was rewarded with lots of good reasons not to.

Sometimes you may get a crap joke, especially from me, but it's FUN not The Open University of Motorhomes.

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years

You were unlucky with that one, you never realised what mentioning censorship and being thrown off forums was going to trigger.

And if we go off at a tangent you'll just have put up with us and keep asking. Sometimes tangent is good. Like the guy who asked how to set off a pepper bomb and was rewarded with lots of good reasons not to.

Sometimes you may get a crap joke, especially from me, but it's FUN not The Open University of Motorhomes.

Sounds about right.:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp

Thats because we do not have any EXPERT rated people in here:ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
No not yet Brian but hope to next year

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Is that as in,

EX as in 'has been'
sPERT 'a drip under pressure'

Old ones are the best ones!

Chris

Your moniker intigues me G 2 ewes. I am an Aberdonian and we are fondly:Angry:given all the sheep things by jealous Rangers fans.

The Welsh have a similar though probably more justified problem re wooly beasts.

Where does the G2 come in to it? Is this some kind of summit involving the woolyback big two, i.e. Wales and New Zealand, that Aberdonians and Australians are being left out of?:Angry:

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Your moniker intigues me G 2 ewes. I am an Aberdonian and we are fondly:Angry:given all the sheep things by jealous Rangers fans.

The Welsh have a similar though probably more justified problem re wooly beasts.

Where does the G2 come in to it? Is this some kind of summit involving the woolyback big two, i.e. Wales and New Zealand, that Aberdonians and Australians are being left out of?:Angry:

Hi Derek,

I thought you had been around long enough to know me!

G2EWS is my motorhome registration and is a take on my surname GREWS. Simple as that really.

Regards

Chris

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Had you been a teenager you would just have said COOL, now how infuriating would that have been?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mine was a better story though.

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Had you been a teenager you would just have said COOL, now how infuriating would that have been?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mine was a better story though.

Hi Derek,

Sorry too tired to read any more into what you said. But am sure it is fun. ::bigsmile:

Been up since 04:00 and some 400 miles and many thousands of pounds of wine and whisky later - not in my belly I hasten to add - it is time for me to go to bed methinks. :thumb:

Best regards

Chris

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Some people seem to take a huge runnnnnnning jump towards the fence of wrong conclusion, and proceed to snag their underparts on the barbed wire of reason at the top.
I did not know you (Wildman) had "said" anything to me. I do agree with you though, that some posters are confrontational for the sake of it.

I don't know how to speak directly to a person, and I'm not sure what a PM is but just as soon as I click "submit reply" it'll dawn on me.

In fact half the time I don't even know what some respondents are talking about.
I asked a question "stirring things"??? What's that all about?
I came on here for advice.
I picked this sub-forum bEcause it says this in the heading:
"Chat here about anything as long as it is MH related and doesn't fit easily into any other section"

Obviously I need some lessons in netiquette. Yes Jim wise words right down to your last sentence and beyond.
hardhat
Blimey! I thought quantum mechanics was complicated. Teach me the WAYS OF CHAT so I don't offend anyone else.
Hi,
"Some people seem to take a huge runnnnnnning jump towards the fence of wrong conclusion, and proceed to snag their underparts on the barbed wire of reason at the top.
I did not know you (Wildman) had "said" anything to me. I do agree with you though, that some posters are confrontational for the sake of it."
well said. I do apologise, I can see how that would appear confrontational so guilty as charged milud, In mitigation that was not my intention. I sit in chat most of the day, people come and go some chat some are just tourist, hee hee. However after six people in a row come in and (apparently) ignored the fact that I have welcomed them my nerves do get a little frayed. I was also not accusing you of being confrontational that was a general comment on some posters ( who do so because it is their pleasure to see people squirm etc). I was believe it or not genuinely trying to help. So offer the following suggestions, not orders or even advice, not suggestions and completely without any rights to do so (and if I missed anything out then someone will pick me up on it)

1) when you first enter chat you are presented with a blank screen, you will only see what gets typed by anyone already there SINCE your arrival. On the right hand side of your screen is the room list which will show your user name and that of who ever else is in chat at that time. we don't all have the fastest of connections so do please allow time to get there from other parts of the forum ( a doorbell rings to let you know when someone comes in) If you say hi and wait for a reply you will see if anyone else is in the room and paying attention, then providing the software has not frozen someone may well reply to you. It is etiquette to say hi on arrival and bye before you leave.

2) PM private mail is a way to talk to other members privately rather than in open forum. At the top right of your screen is a box within which is a welcome .. user name message, below that is the private messages. It will highlight when you receive a message.
to send a pm either click on a persons user name from a post or look them up in the members list. From the profile, under contact you will see send a private message, click on that and type away, it is sort of a closed circuit email system.
If you set up contacts in your usercp (user control panel) you will have easy acess to regular contacts. Jim is the site owner his user name is Also JIM, so easy to find.

3) Threads often get hijacked often quite unintentionally with side comments and I do apologise again if I have caused this to happen. It was not my intention. I would suggest the best way is to reprint the original query with a request to get back on topic, no one will be offended.

OP
OP
calculad

calculad

Banned
Nov 14, 2009
Soft South
Funster No
MH
Van Con
Exp
Curiouser and curiouser

Hello Wildman,
Thanks for the info. I think there is something odd going here because I am not getting any blank screen appearing. When I enter this sub-forum.

"
1) when you first enter chat you are presented with a blank screen, you will only see what gets typed by anyone already there SINCE your arrival."

Are we at crossed purposes here?
I have never knowingly entered a "Chat room" on here only the forums.
Whilst i'm not good at spontaneous chat, i would definitely respond to someone who speaks to me.

I prefer a measured response to a question and that is why I use these forums.
In the spirit of the forums, I'm trying to be tolerant of people who hijack threads when you want to discuss even a light hearted topic, but i'm failing miserably as it annoys me immensely, but it is better than censorship.

In fact on a similar theme whislt out walking, I have noticed that in the middle of nowhere people will speak whereas near the car park they cut you dead.

Anyway. Thanks again

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back