Entry into Nissan Navara with a Flat Battery (1 Viewer)

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Hi a fellow 5ver with a manual 2006 Nav. woke up yesterday with a totally dead battery - consequences were that the central locking would not work so no access to cab or bonnet . After much thought it was decided to drill out 3 honeycombed plastic panels in the grille---known by observing a sister Nav. .Then 12mm socket onto the 3 bonnet release bolts and hey presto access available Moral of the tale if battery f.....d there is a way in without expensive call outs Alan

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Good thinking ,

probably a silly question.. but why would the key not open the cab door manually ?

jim

There is no key mate. Nissan keyless entry! great when it works.............:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bashers

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
3! Been boating for years. Now just bought an RV
There is no key mate. Nissan keyless entry! great when it works.............:Doh:

OH YES THERE IS

under a plastic cap on the passenger handle.

classc RTFTM!
:ROFLMAO:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
OH YES THERE IS

classc RTFTM!

Ehhhhhh?:Confused:

edit= Nice one Bashers! :) Just checked my 08 D40 and you're spot on. Remove the plastic cap off the passenger door handle and sure enough, there's a hiddden key slot.
Good tip that,you taught me summat usefull there. Cheers. :)

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
This has happened to my Pathfinder when I've returned from the states.
There is a key folded into the remote and a keyhole in the passenger door under a small plastic cap.:thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Im betting someone is kicking themselves and wished they had asked first now. Thats what is great about forums someone out there always has the answer.

Last edited:

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Im betting someone is kicking themselves and wished they had asked first now. Thats what is great about forums someone out there always has the answer.

And I've got to say that one was about as good as it gets.::bigsmile:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
And I've got to say that one was about as good as it gets.::bigsmile:

Better actually, but let's just remember that it was this kind of dogged determination in the face of adversity coupled with a reluctance to think outside the box that made Britain "Great" ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Am I missing something .........telling everybody where the spare keys are.. would it not have been better PM........
there many people read these threads even though they are not motorhomers.
I hope none of them are in looking at M/F tea-leafs I mean............car T---ths

but I must say a good thread
Mel

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Am I missing something .........telling everybody where the spare keys are.. would it not have been better PM........
there many people read these threads even though they are not motorhomers.
I hope none of them are in looking at M/F tea-leafs I mean............car T---ths

but I must say a good thread
Mel

Where does it say that?

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
OH YES THERE IS

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
OH YES THERE IS

Ahhhh.:Smile: What it says,(EDIT = or should that be, what it means) is that if you remove the plastic cap, you will find the SLOT for the key for emergency entry, NOT the key itself.:thumb:

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
OH YES THERE IS

well, I'm sure that the tea leafs out there are better clued up than the OP about a hidden lock... it's all in the owners manual in a downloadable pdf ... hardly a state secret.. :RollEyes:

at least I don't feel so silly for asking in the first place.. :roflmto:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
OH YES THERE IS

classc RTFTM!

who thought that one up !!!!!

you're outside with a flat battery, the keys on the inside with no access to it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :Doh::Doh::ROFLMAO:

had this problem with stepdaughters micra.

flat battery, lights left on, pop out number plate lamp, touch a wire to bulb holder pos teminal, another to earth and connect both to a 'donor' car/booster pack and it will backfeed the power and the fob will work.

may not work if lights are off though.:Doh:

ps...did check the plastic OUTSIDE cap and guess what......nothing, nadda, nowt, just a hole where the lock was meant to be.

miss understood this first bit thinking there was a key under a cap on the INSIDE handle...

Last edited:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
who thought that one up !!!!!

you're outside with a flat battery, the keys on the inside with no access to it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :Doh::Doh::ROFLMAO:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO:
The KEY isn't there, the SLOT for the key is there, that's all.
It's just a means of being able to get in the car if the battery goes flat. You still need the key and, as the owner, you're gonna have that in you pocket aren't you?
It's more of an asthetic thing I suppose. Nissan have removed the VISIBLE key slots from the outer handle, but they've still gotta provide a means of getting in if the battery goes flat and the "keyless entry" wont work, so they've hidden a key slot behind the trim on the pax door OUTER handle.
Clear?:ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
never had anything with a keycard but i do remember being in something that had and you had to put the card in a slot in the dash before you could start it.
no idea what it was though !

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Ahhhh.:Smile: What it says,(EDIT = or should that be, what it means) is that if you remove the plastic cap, you will find the SLOT for the key for emergency entry, NOT the key itself.:thumb:

Sorry I did not realise......I thought a spare key was underneath…… my apologies

Mel

OP
OP
GIBLA53

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Great stuff guys and gals this is such a brill. forum - i now haven't the heart to tell my mate that he didn't need to drill . I looked and found the key insert on passenger side but tried my ignition key -this didn't fit then looked inside the key-fob no sign of any other key can anyone advise? Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back