westbury01

Free Member
Nov 16, 2009
Kildare, Ireland
Funster No
Exp
First Year
Hello -

I am very new to this forum and site. I had the very unfortunate experience of purchasing a campervan (1992 Fiat ducato swift 1.9 Turbo D) yesterday and the engine to blow up on the way home...! imagine how sick I was - the seller at first did not want to know..:Eeek:
But now he is being very understanding, I think and has offered to pay half the expense.
anyway - I do not want a legal battle - I just want the van fixed.
If you know of anyone with a good engine at a good price, please let me know...

Ireland/N Ireland

Many Thanks

Last edited:
S

stagman

Deleted User
Hello -

IIf you know of anyone with a good engine at a good price, please let me know...

Ireland/N Ireland

Many Thanks

There is a dealer I know of in Carmarthenshire , West Wales . They are called 3As. They have a web site 3A's Caravans .I have visited one of their sites and they have a shedfull of old px vans just rotting away in their yard . Might be worth a try .:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi and welcome to the FUN

theres a few breakers yards listed here...........Link Removed

Link Removed

and here in dublin............breakers

thats the trouble with private sales......buyer beware !

hope you get it sorted soon.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

clayx

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
south wales
Funster No
Exp
Hello -

I am very new to this forum and site. I had the very unfortunate experience of purchasing a campervan (1992 Fiat ducato swift 1.9 Turbo D) yesterday and the engine to blow up on the way home...! imagine how sick I was - the seller at first did not want to know..:Eeek:
But now he is being very understanding, I think and has offered to pay half the expense.
anyway - I do not want a legal battle - I just want the van fixed.
If you know of anyone with a good engine at a good price, please let me know...

Ireland/N Ireland

Many Thanks
try derek at delfin designs down in somerset , he will no doubt help you out. search his no. on the net or his ad. in MMM

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
sorry to hear of your troubles,you could try my brother he brakes vans on a daily basis and could well have the parts you need and he will take payment via credit/debit card and send the parts via courier,His name is Andy and he can be reached on 01509-815805, 07860 -673974 .Ratcliffe light commercials.hope this helps,steve.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sorry to hear of your troubles,you could try my brother he brakes vans on a daily basis and could well have the parts you need and he will take payment via credit/debit card and send the parts via courier,His name is Andy and he can be reached on 01509-815805, 07860 -673974 .Ratcliffe light commercials.hope this helps,steve.:thumb:

a 1.9 turbo deisel engine by courier to ireland.......jeez, whats that going to cost ? :roflmto:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Probably cheaper than you think, the last time I sent a pallet to the south it was £80, 5 day service.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back