hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Its that time of year again when we can start touring.This year we are leaving our home in Valencia starting Thur 19Nov going to Sete, Saint Gillles. Mount Ventoux , Metz, Luxembourg Then into Germany to give the Mossel a good seeing to.Then its across Belgium into the Netherlands to Bergen op Zoom to visit a war grave.Followed by a slow drive to Calais to catch the Chunnel to the UK on Weds 16 Dec.
Over to North Devon for a week then to Gosport where we spend Christmas at Dibles park and visit daughter.
Back on the tunnel Dec 28 Honfluer for new years eve followed by a tour of Normandy,Down to Borce to hopefully cross the Pyrenees via the tunnel at the border,then back to Valencia.
So if any of you see a Spanish reg Hymer on your travels please come and say hello.
For those of you heading this way
I had a ton of logs delivered today and it took 2 hours to pack them away...........the temp was 30 degs c.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Are you insane ? You're going the wrong way. Half of FUN, those who can, are heading SOUTH.

You don't want to come here, it's horrible.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
thanks we know where to go for firewood for the evenings ,are you sure you got us enough till you come back?ha ha

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Are you insane ? You're going the wrong way. Half of FUN, those who can, are heading SOUTH.

You don't want to come here, it's horrible.

England does have it's merits in the Autumn and Winter Brian. I live on the outskirts of the lake district, and frosty autumn days can be sunny, and the scenery is magnificent, and with the frost and ice on the ground and water, it offers views and vistas equal to anything that the world can offer. When the snow is on the ground, it's just about the most beautiful place in the world.

It's such a shame that there's nowhere to stay with a van!!

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Nice to see that some are leaving Spain for the winter. Makes room for all the UK funsters heading there:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Nice to see that some are leaving Spain for the winter. Makes room for all the UK funsters heading there:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Better make that :cry::Cool: :Angry: because you are sat there typing on a computer when you should be out buying.

It's winter, grab a bargain. Go join them.

OP
OP
hogan

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thank you all for your kind words will be in touch again on our return

Merry Christmas::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Vielha Tunnel

HiHogan

Just spent 3 weeks coming down through France. Got to Vielha last Sunday morning just as the snow was starting. We managed (by passing others who were stuck, wheels spinning etc) to very carefully get to the tunnel but what a journey and weren't we pleased to get out the Spanish side to find it was still snowing!!:cry::cry:

We are now safely camped in Peniscola trying to catch our breath and get the nerves together again.

Have a good trip all the same.

:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brian, see thread about Volkswagon base unit:ROFLMAO:

I have.

Personally from two Golfs I have extremely fond memories of VW. One did have a fanbelt snap at 3000 miles but it was a warranty job and I parted with it 100,000 miles later and had only replaced a battery and an exhaust. And tyres of course. The body was as new. The mechanics faultless.

You could well be onto a winner.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back