lets ban the TV licence (1 Viewer)

artc

Free Member
Dec 13, 2007
Funster No
After last weeks disclosure about the of the BBC staffs expenses why should we go on paying the exorbitant fees just to provide the blood suckers with more of our cash to waste on themselves, let's have a rebellion and refuse to pay any more towards the lifestyle of these self appointed leeches, because it's just the old boys political network, i for one intend to write and complain about the excesses and refuse to pay any further money into this corrupt system.

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
We watch BBC here free No licence to pay:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
After last weeks disclosure about the of the BBC staffs expenses why should we go on paying the exorbitant fees just to provide the blood suckers with more of our cash to waste on themselves, let's have a rebellion and refuse to pay any more towards the lifestyle of these self appointed leeches, because it's just the old boys political network, i for one intend to write and complain about the excesses and refuse to pay any further money into this corrupt system.

Why stop there.

Income Tax - look what the idiots do with it.

Fuel duty - just a rip off.

Council Tax - more fat pensions.

VAT - I don't see any value added.

Hmm, all of a sudden the beeb don't seem too bad.

arielultra

Free Member
Jul 20, 2008
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I certainly wouldn't want to get rid of the BBC. But these days when people who don't have a TV are in a very tiny minority, I don't see the point in a TV license - just fund it from general taxation.

Andy - V8 Diesel

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Manchester
Funster No
MH
30ft 5th wheel
Have not had one for along time now and never will still have TV's in the house not that i watch it its total crap any way. I just download anything that i want to watch.
Screw the bbc and the goverment nothing but leeches.

Tiderus

Free Member
May 2, 2008
Tywyn, West Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Twelve years
BBC fee.

My mate feels so strongly about the fee, that he has taken the BBC to the european court of humane rights, for being non democratic. Three judges said, "whilst the case has merit. they can't go against the British government". Many groups are campaining against the fee, and as they have taken money from the European union. This is in breach of The Royal Charter of the BBC, and the felony act 1848. It's now being investigated by New Scotland Yard. About 4 years ago the BBC used to publish the Pension funds assets. They don't do it now and it stood at about ÂŁ87 billion then.
Rgd's G.

Andy - V8 Diesel

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Manchester
Funster No
MH
30ft 5th wheel
Send them this letter first

TVLLETTER1.jpg

Then you get this reply from them job done no more licence fee simples:ROFLMAO:

ReplyBackFromTVL.jpg

Home&Away

Funster
Aug 21, 2009
West Anglia
Funster No
MH
Haven't got one
Exp
starting from scratch NOW!
Let's Not Ban the TV Licence

Presumably you're aware of the implications of downloading Andy?

Most of the world doesn't seem to agree with you or Artc and nor do I. Whatever the issues with the organisation, the day the BBC goes will be a truly sad day for this country, for public service broadcasting and for quality TV. If you even suggest that commercial TV or Satellite channels can replace the range of TV, Radio and Online content you get from the BBC then you're in cloud cuckoo land as most seem to have spotted with the recent attacks on the corporation by James Murdoch or the complete loss of considered programming on ITV. Where's Children's TV now? Why is The South Bank Show going? And why do you think there's so much desire to maintain listed sports on free-to-air TV?

You're absolutely entitled to your view, of course and there's a big debate coming over the next few years so ArielUltra's opinion about funding is worth a debate. However, look at the history of the World Service funding and you'll see the perils of allowing the funding of a public broadcaster to become a pawn in the political game.

And no I don't work for them but I did once and, like the vast, vast majority of its staff, was and remain deeply committed to the principle & benefit of public service. Nothing's perfect but once it's gone you'll never get it back and do you really want to have TV like America, Canada or Australia because that's what you'd get..........

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, I am a keen supporter of Auntie Beeb. who else would pay to spend a year or more to film nature programmes with some truly brilliant results?

Without them, there would be channels of repeats (these must run out at some point) and various shows where money is made on viewers phoning in- which I regard as cheap TV programming. At least while the beeb is about we have more choice.

They get my vote:thumb:

S.

JumboBeef

Free Member
Jul 27, 2009
Funster No
I certainly wouldn't want to get rid of the BBC. But these days when people who don't have a TV are in a very tiny minority, I don't see the point in a TV license - just fund it from general taxation.

Everyone pays something like ÂŁ300 per year for ITV and Channel 4, whether you watch it or not, so the BBC is a bargain!

If they scrapped the license, then we would all pay a smiliar amount for the BBC, and our telly would end up like American: complete trash, with 30 minutes infomercials.

No thanks.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Without them, there would be channels of repeats
S.

There are now of course, very enjoyable repeats but the *&**%%$ adverts. I can get up, make a cup of tea and drink it during the adverts. Anything is better than that. And what do you do next advert ?

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
We can't afford to lose the BBC!!

No more Top Gear:Eeek:

No more endless Top Gear repeats on Dave either:Eeek:

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
More like the Beeb can't afford to lose Top Gear. Imagine the cost of thelicence without that income, by the way, if you miss the repeat on Dave you'll get it on Dave javue!:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back