Garmin Mobile PC GPS Software: Maplin offer (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Offer at Maplins .. Ideal Christmas gift for the Co Pilot :roflmto:

Garmin Mobile PC GPS Software with GPS 20x USB Receiver and European Mapping
only £59.99

Product Features

Turn your Windows® based laptop in to a fully fledged European GPS navigation device!
Includes Garmin''s high-sensitivity GPS 20x USB GPS receiver
Easy to use - Garmin Mobile® PC features the same intuitive interface found in Garmin portable navigation devices
Spoken turn-by-turn directions - automatically recalculates directions if you take a wrong turn, no buttons to push
Live weather plus flight information for major airports throughout Europe if laptop has a mobile broadband enabled connection
Downloadable safety camera locations with free 3 month trial (subsequent subscription fees apply - see garmin.com for more information)
Route planning
Over 1.2 million points of interest
Set preferences for the fastest or shortest route, or set to avoid certain roads or areas
Works on tablet PCs and ultra-mobile PCs with or without touchscreens

Link Removed

Last edited:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I don't know if its the same as Garmin Mobile XT software only if it is and you have a mobile phone like the Nokia E71 or the N97 and I believe the N95 e.g. with built in GPS, then it works great on your phone, you don't have to use the receiver that comes with the kit.

I have been using it for the last 6 months first on a E71 and just recently after if had an update from Garmin on my N97, great software, well worth the price, good link

Thanks.

Offer at Maplins .. Ideal Christmas gift for the Co Pilot :roflmto:

Garmin Mobile PC GPS Software with GPS 20x USB Receiver and European Mapping
only £59.99

Product Features

Turn your Windows® based laptop in to a fully fledged European GPS navigation device!
Includes Garmin''s high-sensitivity GPS 20x USB GPS receiver
Easy to use - Garmin Mobile® PC features the same intuitive interface found in Garmin portable navigation devices
Spoken turn-by-turn directions - automatically recalculates directions if you take a wrong turn, no buttons to push
Live weather plus flight information for major airports throughout Europe if laptop has a mobile broadband enabled connection
Downloadable safety camera locations with free 3 month trial (subsequent subscription fees apply - see garmin.com for more information)
Route planning
Over 1.2 million points of interest
Set preferences for the fastest or shortest route, or set to avoid certain roads or areas
Works on tablet PCs and ultra-mobile PCs with or without touchscreens

Link Removed

falcon

Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi,

I don't know if its the same as Garmin Mobile XT software only if it is and you have a mobile phone like the Nokia E71 or the N97 and I believe the N95 e.g. with built in GPS, then it works great on your phone, you don't have to use the receiver that comes with the kit.

I have been using it for the last 6 months first on a E71 and just recently after if had an update from Garmin on my N97, great software, well worth the price, good link

Thanks.

Windows Mobile PC software does not work on N95 which is a Symbian Operating System. However that does seem a good price for a laptop GPS.

Presently I am using the Navicore system on my N800 tablet with an external BT GPS receiver. You can get the same for most phones as well. The beauty of that is a 3year licence costs £89 but the advantage is that the mapping is updated at will over wi-fi. In anycase how many people keep the same after 3 yrs? I lost two already and that's in five years!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Can anyone tell me what this sofftware has got over Autoroute V2010

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Garmin Mobile XT works fine on the Symbian operating System, albeit I don't think the Garmin Mobile software that Maplin are selling is the XT Symbian version

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76f25GHhSOc]YouTube - Garmin Mobile XT on Nokia N95 working with internal GPS[/ame]

Windows Mobile PC software does not work on N95 which is a Symbian Operating System. However that does seem a good price for a laptop GPS.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back