Boiler wont ignight (1 Viewer)

holidayman

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
Funster No
I have have just bought a merc sprinter & decided to gut it out and compleately rebuild. When i put the boiler back in ( Pektron 1998 ) it will not ignite. Not sure if i have put in the wires correctly. The block connector from the boiler has gone to the fridge first with the white wire into live & the blue into neg.

Can you help

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Pektron1998 is a maker of elctronic control equipment. Are you qouting the maker of the boiler or the control electronics?

I assume that you are trying to fire up the gas- Have you checked that there is gas at the appliance and that the exhaust is not covered?

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it ?

If so, first step is to check you have 12 v at the boiler, if not then you need to check the wiring, connections and fuses, you may have wired it into the wrong connector at the fridge.. perhaps it's on the 12v supply from the split charge relay rather than the permanent 12v feed.

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

holidayman

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
Funster No
Pektron1998 is a maker of elctronic control equipment. Are you qouting the maker of the boiler or the control electronics?

I assume that you are trying to fire up the gas- Have you checked that there is gas at the appliance and that the exhaust is not covered?

No, but the hob lights up on gas. The flu is not blocked.

I can only find Pecktron 1998 on the boiler. With 0441AY1 as some kind of serial number

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

holidayman

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
Funster No
Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it ?

If so, first step is to check you have 12 v at the boiler, if not then you need to check the wiring, connections and fuses, you may have wired it into the wrong connector at the fridge.. perhaps it's on the 12v supply from the split charge relay rather than the permanent 12v feed.

jim

Its on the same direct feed from the permmnent 12v from the fridge.

Been working on the van all day and trying to get the boiler to light but no luck: however the 240 volt works and the water gets hot.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back