Swift 630G (Ace Roma Novella) (1 Viewer)

Derek and Mary

Free Member
Apr 9, 2009
Edinburgh
Funster No
Hi all
i hope i am at the right place, i recently bought an Ace Roma Novella basiclly i believe a Swift 630G and have problems with the garage door,

when open the the door seems to sag from the top and starting to pop out :Angry: (it looks as if when open it drops) and solutions to a fix?? have thought about a couple of support struts riveted from top to botton on the frame work

anyone with any ideas or solutions comments most welcome

Derek & Mary

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, and welcome to Fun

Sorry to here of your problem but Is there any chance of taking a few photos of the situation as it may be easier for someone to comment and make suggestions if they can see whats happened.

Hope that helps

Hi all
i hope i am at the right place, i recently bought an Ace Roma Novella basiclly i believe a Swift 630G and have problems with the garage door,

when open the the door seems to sag from the top and starting to pop out :Angry: (it looks as if when open it drops) and solutions to a fix?? have thought about a couple of support struts riveted from top to botton on the frame work

Derek & Mary

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi all

Derek & Mary

Hi Derek, I have had the exacted same problem with my 630g, the problem was that one of the gas struts failed and allows the doors weight to come onto the hinges, (up and over door for those that don't know).

The solution cost over £1000 for a new door and frame complete plus 12 month planning before the work could be done.

Even after the repair/replacement there was problems! the 2 screws that hold the bottom of the gas struts to the frame of the door are screwed into a wooden batten that surrounds the door, (an arrangement that is simply not strong enough for the loads) started to come loose, so I made up a steel bracket the had multiple screws fixed to the wooden frame and the frame it's self was extended down to the floor of the garage so most of the weight was not on the screws.

In my mind the whole door is very poorly designed and the choice of material not fit for purpose. The engineering used is simply cheap and nasty

I hope you have some kind of warranty, I had a lot of trouble getting mine to pay up, also Swift told me that this problem was unknown to them, Well!!!! make of that what you will.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Derek & Mary,
I am not sure how old your van is or whether it is still covered by warranty but if you want to PM or email me some details of your van, your dealer and the details of the issue we can look into this for you,

Thanks
Andy

aspacey@swiftleisure.co.uk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back