Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Crosscountry 5th wheelers

Hi White Eagle

We have a new Wildcat 31 THSB on order through Paul at Cross Country we also purchased our Pick Up with him as well.

His web site is Link Removed it will come up as motorhome hire but when you enter his stock he has a lot of 5ver's for sale new and used + Pick ups. He is very helpful and a pleasure to do business with and also Avril his lovely wife.

If you contact paul mention Tony & Debbie

Anything else let me know

Regards

Tony & Debbie

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
I would second all that has been said by Ant & Debs. I/we found Paul and Avril to be most helpful/patient/knowledgeable.

They always seem to have a great selection/ stock of 5'ers and pick ups.

p.s. sadly I am not on commission ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jstvj

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
Hello

Excellent people, highly recommended. Please say hello to Paul and co from John in Looe

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Superb people to deal with,, very helpful & knowledgeable.:thumb:

We bought both Truck & 5th wheel from him back end of last year..

Unfortunately it did not suit us and we have reverted back to an A class American RV & trailer and car.

OP
OP
K

Kenny and Dolly

Free Member
Aug 22, 2009
east sussex
Funster No
MH
soon to be RV
Exp
New But have had carravans
Ant and Debbs Wildcat

Have your Widcat arrived yet are you going to fulltime or just holidays etc ,we are hoping to be touring in what fith wheel we decide on for maybe 4-6 months of the year eventually.We also live near hastings area best of luck with your wildcat.

Cheers Ken& wendy.:thumb:

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago

Hi Ken & Wendy:Smile:

Wildcat due in UK mid Oct. We plan on touring for appx 3 years. We would have brought the twin slide wildcat from crosscountry but we wanted one with a garage for carrying 2 quads.

What models have you been looking at? your very welcome to come and look at ours when we have it back in Hastings.

Regards

Tony & Debbie

OP
OP
K

Kenny and Dolly

Free Member
Aug 22, 2009
east sussex
Funster No
MH
soon to be RV
Exp
New But have had carravans
Cross Country 5Th wheelers

Ant & Debbs,
:thumb:Glad to hear that you are soon to take delivery,we have been looking at Kountry lite from calder leisure,also palimino from country leisure i like the 5th wheels from cross country just not sure about pickup as I will be using for work when not touring and they are very juicy.We hope to make our mind up at the end of the month.

Ken & Wendy.

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Ant & Debbs,
:thumb:Glad to hear that you are soon to take delivery,we have been looking at Kountry lite from calder leisure,also palimino from country leisure i like the 5th wheels from cross country just not sure about pickup as I will be using for work when not touring and they are very juicy.We hope to make our mind up at the end of the month.

Ken & Wendy.

Not as juicy as you think..........maybe a petrol with a LPG conversion would help.
I run a 6000cc V8 F250 and I get approx 15 US towing (17.5 UK) and 20 US cruising.

you pays your money.......................

dont forget the added benefits of the trailer tow packages on the US trucks.

HTH

Rob

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
5vers

Ant & Debbs,

Ken & Wendy.

Hi Ken & Wendy

Glad you well. We are getting a 2500 HD GMC Sierra Petrol with LPG for that very reason. Rob on here is a good source of info and very helpful. As Paul at cross country explained to me that a 1500 will tow a light weight single slide 5ver and a 2500 HD will tow most twin slides, as they also have the tow package. If you have time i would recommend the drive to Paul at Cross Country to look at his units and pick ups.

We looked at the calder ones and they offered to built one to our spec but i believe that with the awning etc they are more like 7' 11 ish.

Also look at the american site www.rvwholesalers.com there you can pick and choose models & spec they also have an online chat service where you can ask questions in real time. we used it last week to get dia of the bunks in our garage.

Good Hunting

Regards

Ant & Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago

Also wvalan,old mo plus ones i fail to mention are all very helpful ref 5vers.

Ant & Debs

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Ant&Debs

We think we have spotted your 5ver. We live near Mildenhall and went past Pauls Monday and no units were there and low and behold there were two yesterday and one was a Wildcat and looks fantastic, we are assuming this is yours???

We are also purchasing a new 5ver from Paul. We live in an old one now, have had it for three and a half years, we have lived in it for 18months. We are in the process of selling our business and decided to buy a new one when we do to treat ourselves, as we like the concept. We like the look of the exterior of the Wildcat but the size of the one we want, the interior layout as shown on the RVWholesalers website is not quite what we are looking for. We are going for the Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280WS. We like the enclosed bathroom which our existing one has with the side aisle, it's been good living in it, winter and summer, which has helped us to decide on a few things.

We could order and pay for one now, but haven't got the guts until the business sale is
finalised.

We completely agree about having an American pickup to tow it with. We have a 3500 Dodge Ram and you wouldn't even know our fifth wheel is on the back. Hills??What hills, ours has even changed into overdrive going up some of them. We do have a Cummins Deisel in ours. We get 23mpg on a long run. 17mpg towing on a long run - 20/15mpg on short trips. We always travel with the trucks, but have the facility to pass when needed, especially up hill.

We are hoping to put our order in this side of Christmas. Ours will be up for sale then if anyones interested.

All the best with your new toy.

Nigel and Pamala

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Hi Ant&Debs

We think we have spotted your 5ver. We live near Mildenhall and went past Pauls Monday and no units were there and low and behold there were two yesterday and one was a Wildcat and looks fantastic, we are assuming this is yours???

We are also purchasing a new 5ver from Paul. We live in an old one now, have had it for three and a half years, we have lived in it for 18months. We are in the process of selling our business and decided to buy a new one when we do to treat ourselves, as we like the concept. We like the look of the exterior of the Wildcat but the size of the one we want, the interior layout as shown on the RVWholesalers website is not quite what we are looking for. We are going for the Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280WS. We like the enclosed bathroom which our existing one has with the side aisle, it's been good living in it, winter and summer, which has helped us to decide on a few things.

We could order and pay for one now, but haven't got the guts until the business sale is
finalised.

We completely agree about having an American pickup to tow it with. We have a 3500 Dodge Ram and you wouldn't even know our fifth wheel is on the back. Hills??What hills, ours has even changed into overdrive going up some of them. We do have a Cummins Deisel in ours. We get 23mpg on a long run. 17mpg towing on a long run - 20/15mpg on short trips. We always travel with the trucks, but have the facility to pass when needed, especially up hill.

We are hoping to put our order in this side of Christmas. Ours will be up for sale then if anyones interested.

All the best with your new toy.

Nigel and Pamala

Hi Nigel & Pam

Hope you well, Your prob right it arrived last Fri at Southampton and Paul sent email to say it was being picked up Yesterday. Not sure how many he had coming in to UK, we are going up on sunday to see it and drop off the Gaslow system we brought for it, and check that we can get the 2 quad bikes in it!:ROFLMAO: Cant wait:Smile:

We ordered ours on 31st July it was about a month later arriving:Sad:

Have nothing but praise for Paul & Avril (crosscountry)

Regards

Ant & Debs

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Hi Nigel & Pam

Hope you well, Your prob right it arrived last Fri at Southampton and Paul sent email to say it was being picked up Yesterday. Not sure how many he had coming in to UK, we are going up on sunday to see it and drop off the Gaslow system we brought for it, and check that we can get the 2 quad bikes in it!:ROFLMAO: Cant wait:Smile:

We ordered ours on 31st July it was about a month later arriving:Sad:

Have nothing but praise for Paul & Avril (crosscountry)

Regards

Ant & Debs

When you say"can't wait" do you mean as in can't wait to see it or can't wait to find out if the quads fit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously I know all will be good, have fun Sunday.

Rob

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
When you say"can't wait" do you mean as in can't wait to see it or can't wait to find out if the quads fit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously I know all will be good, have fun Sunday.

Rob

:ROFLMAO: Thanks Rob

Prob bit of both:ROFLMAO: On paper they will fit! say no more:Doh:

Ant

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread