Microsoft are getting tough!! XBoxes being corrupted?? (1 Viewer)

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
I've just heard on the news that any X Box owners, who have been playing games on the net with 'pirated' software are being targeted on line by Microsoft. Any gamers found using 'iffy' software are being sent via the net, a patch or some other sort of fix which is shutting their X box down. There is no way of avoiding it, and many owners have reported that it is impossible for them to go live on the net.

I would suggest that any owners who have not yet been targeted, and who have this sort of software on their machines, delete it immediately before going on line again.

I'm not an X Box owner, but I thought I'd give a heads up to anybody here that is.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If someone was stealing from me I'd send a patch that gave a short sharp electric shock to the thief:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
savantuk

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Here's a video crib that can tell you if your box has been banned.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVmuJw_IPNg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - How To Check if Your XBox 360 is Console Banned | Microsoft November Ban Wave | Mattie4321[/ame]

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Doug .. more info here jim

It reads like a low grade SiFi film. All this kids who are hooked as badly as any opium addict. Must keep their credits.

I suspect the world would be a much better place if they shut them all down. Big banner comes up

GET A LIFE

It's real 1984 innit. It's George Bush to perfection.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It reads like a low grade SiFi film. All this kids who are hooked as badly as any opium addict. Must keep their credits.

I suspect the world would be a much better place if they shut them all down. Big banner comes up

GET A LIFE

It's real 1984 innit. It's George Bush to perfection.

Don't have one meself Brian, each to their own..

but maybe Jim could get a big banner that comes up after we are logged into Fun for more than 30 mins .. ?

GET A LIFE>> GO AND USE THE VAN !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Don't have one meself Brian, each to their own..

but maybe Jim could get a big banner that comes up after we are logged into Fun for more than 30 mins .. ?

GET A LIFE>> GO AND USE THE VAN !

Ah - it's YOU that started that bit of fun.

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
it depends on the firmware and cd drive in the 360 if it gets banned, xbox use samsung,hitachi,ben q, and light on drives. the hitachi on 1.51 firmware still seem to be running on xboxlive but the rest on 1.61 firmware have been banned from playing online, but none of that matters if you dont play online.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well we are massive xbox fans with 3 in the house, one each to play each other on line. I am currently at war trying to save planet Earth in modern warfare 2 or Call of duty or COD as its known on the street.

Yes people do chip there boxes to get cheap downloaded games.... When caught they get banned from going on line which is what is the best bit of xbox and rightly so,,, its stealing.

The thing to be careful of is if you are planning to buy one for you or a loved one from the big bearded red fella. Make sure you go to a respected retailer if buying used as many have appeared on ebay because they have been kicked off line.:Eeek:

See you in a few days,, of to kill some baddies in Russia.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back