LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
seen a m/h with side fitted duel auxillary tv input, one input for co-axe one input for satalite screw type fitting, are they easy to fit, were can you get them?, whats the proper name for them?

thanks

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
satellite socket

i fitted one of those (maxview).
it's just 2 holes for the coax cable, and 2 little holes for the self tapping screws.
make sure you can access the holes from the inside when drilled, to pull the cable through,
put loads of sealant on the cable from the outside and as you feed it through the sealant blocks the holes.
there is also a watertight gasket with the socket.
in my opinion easy peasy, just have to have the confidence to drill into the van.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
thanks just looked it up, it seems easy I'll have to explore the van wardrobe:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
thanks just looked it up, it seems easy I'll have to explore the van wardrobe:thumb:

Is this what you are after...

Link Removed

Says "OUTLET" but it will serve as an inlet. Only one connector though.

Sorry, you need to search for aerial or [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]TVO145

[/SIZE][/FONT]

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
external socket

hi seb
forgot to mention i also fitted an internal socket on the inside ( bought from wikinsons store) that has the same connections as the outside (f screw type connector and coax connector) so its a simple job connecting and changing connections on the inside.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
hi seb
forgot to mention i also fitted an internal socket on the inside ( bought from wikinsons store) that has the same connections as the outside (f screw type connector and coax connector) so its a simple job connecting and changing connections on the inside.

I was going to do that, on the TV cable side I'll try to pick up the airel lead from the statas power amp & airel which runs through the inner roof liner, that way I can also back feed the signel to the onboard freeview box for the front screen and get the four speaker sound from the radio dvd player and both tvs sinced up togeather. I'll have to have a good look at the onboard stuff to make sure I dont back feed into the amp though, might cause a bang :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Is this what you are after...

Link Removed

Says "OUTLET" but it will serve as an inlet. Only one connector though.

Sorry, you need to search for aerial or [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]TVO145[/SIZE][/FONT]

thanks, but the one I need the maxview, gives both tv co-axe and satalite F conectors,

nice handy site mind, the power out socket might come in usefull:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i fitted one INSIDE the side locker.....the external coax cables enter at the bottom of the locker door at a slight angle (diagonally horizontal).
the rubber seals have enough 'give' to accept the cables and reseal around them.

no hole drilling in the van walls or sealing needed:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back