Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
my friend who is a woman on her own is looking for a campsite to stay for one night thats near to Santander . she gets into santander on the 14th of dec. She got hold of the one at Haro only to be told they are closed on that date . anyone know of any others that will be open on the 14th of dec :Blush::Blush::Blush:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, if she heads towards torrelavega.there is a big shell garage with lots of parking .its used by truck drivers and campers .its about half way to torrelavaga . its safe .use it alot. possibly there could be some open along the coast but i doubt it . loads of free parking once you get out of santander . sometimes park on industrial estates heading towardsthe airport,thats the other way. cheers alan.
i dont use sites so not upto scratch.

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
hi, if she heads towards torrelavega.there is a big shell garage with lots of parking .its used by truck drivers and campers .its about half way to torrelavaga . its safe .use it alot. possibly there could be some open along the coast but i doubt it . loads of free parking once you get out of santander . sometimes park on industrial estates heading towardsthe airport,thats the other way. cheers alan.
i dont use sites so not upto scratch.

thank for that alan , but dont think she will wild camp being on her own and that , but i will pass on your info :thumb: bonterra park is only around 450 miles from port may be she can do it in one hit . we are going to :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
tell her to look for the truck stops there are loads .believe me they are safe also hostels. not the ones with club in lights out side.ha ha. its quite away in one hit. bet she meets others on the ferry . lots will be travelling at that time . cheers alan.
tell her to change to 22 nov . we leave then she can join our convoy.

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
tell her to look for the truck stops there are loads .believe me they are safe also hostels. not the ones with club in lights out side.ha ha. its quite away in one hit. bet she meets others on the ferry . lots will be travelling at that time . cheers alan.

Alan keep an eye on the road reports for Santander some thing on the Spanish T,V last night about long delays If I find out any more I will let you know.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi ken. we will be heading across to lieda if all goeswell. expect snow on the way .visit a friend then down to coast and hopefully start the warm up. be good ofyou to keep letting us know the reports ,cheersvery gratefull .alan.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
You could try Camping Monte Royal - open all year - phone: 0034 979 181007 - Link Removed

42.7870 -4.3017 BUT the Caravan Club says that they only supply 2 amps electric

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Hi there is a new campsite at Gomecello next to the services about 15-20k before salamanca not sure the exit no think it could be 174 but you can google earth it.wIn April on the way back from Portugal we were going to stay beside the services and the chap came over the road with the campsite card so we went over and stayed there .It had just opened cast 10 euro a night lovely clean (new ) showers .Cafe as well .

Val

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years

may see you then as we are going on the 22nd of nov , we will be in a bessacar . keep an eye out for you ,

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi theresa, we are goingup on saturday evening .lotsparking at the port . handy for a night stroll in plmouths night life street .and ready and relaxed in the morning. look for my white truck and a bright purple daf. usually park on the right on the way in to ferry . do you carry a cheap walkie talkey from asda or somewhere good for communication on route. cheers a;lan.

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
hi theresa, we are goingup on saturday evening .lotsparking at the port . handy for a night stroll in plmouths night life street .and ready and relaxed in the morning. look for my white truck and a bright purple daf. usually park on the right on the way in to ferry . do you carry a cheap walkie talkey from asda or somewhere good for communication on route. cheers a;lan.

Alan just had a look on the road report here some work on motor way near Zaragoza if you come that way, last time we were up there about 2 weeks ago they were doing it at night but i dont know if that bit has been done i think its the E90

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
thanks ken. will probably be on A2, i try not to use m,ways . still will work away around there always up for a new adventure. will try to see you on route somewhere. cheers alan.

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Well you lot just dont be stealing all the sunshine before we get there :ROFLMAO:.we are over on the train on the 1st Dec early monrning lol 3 vans heading down ...........heading into portugal by Badajoz this time for a change .Going to Mina de Domingos before we go down to the Algarve.Then its Lagos for xmas dinner :thumb:

val

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years

we will leave home sunday morning , ferrys at 1 o,clock , so will have plenty of time to get to plymouth. no we dont carry a walkie talkey . i will look for you at plymouth to be sure . lets hope we have a smooth crossing :Blush:

Deleted User
There is a site at Santillana near to Santander if she wants to pause before setting off, otherwise campsites at Logrono and Zaragoza are open all year. We are probably going to stay in a cabin at Logrono on the 13th as we are returning to the UK on the same boat for Christmas from Alcossebre, but leaving the 5er on site.

Link Removed

CAMPING LA PLAYA - LOGROÑO (La Rioja) - Camping Logroño

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
There is a site at Santillana near to Santander if she wants to pause before setting off, otherwise campsites at Logrono and Zaragoza are open all year. We are probably going to stay in a cabin at Logrono on the 13th as we are returning to the UK on the same boat for Christmas from Alcossebre, but leaving the 5er on site.

Link Removed

CAMPING LA PLAYA - LOGROÑO (La Rioja) - Camping Logroño

thanks very much for that. i have passed them onto her ,:thumb:

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
tell her to change to 22 nov . we leave then she can join our convoy

the weather forcast is not looking good for our crossing on the 22nd vwalan , what thinks you :Blush:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi theresa. i am not the best sailor at anytime. i never have a cabin ,never use the reclining seats .i find it better to find some seats close to cafe /toilets and sit quiet .if neccasary sleep on the floor. dont like moving about or being in a cabin feels like a prison.
but the next day you are there hooray. sometimes sleep in restaurant settees . best if there are no kennals for dog ,then walk dog last thing then go to bed in van. when they open up for others to walk theirs get out and nobody realises.
see you on sunday i,ll be with a camper a white one.ha ha
cheers alan.

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
see you on sunday i,ll be with a camper a white one.ha ha
cheers alan.

yes hope to see you on sunday if the ferry is running . oh thats funny our van is also white :ROFLMAO: look for the bessacar with the driver moaning to his wife for making him do that crossing :Angry::Blush:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
think mine might stand out abit. my mates does its bright purple with purple dreams across the front . his other one was purple haze .it got alot of attention at customs ha ha.
better to be on the boat than stay here,be there on monday..haste la vista. alan.

ertberry and teddyboy

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
my friend who is a woman on her own is looking for a campsite to stay for one night thats near to Santander . she gets into santander on the 14th of dec. She got hold of the one at Haro only to be told they are closed on that date . anyone know of any others that will be open on the 14th of dec :Blush::Blush::Blush:
you could try virgen del mar at san roman corban tel 942342425 e mail cvirdmar@ceoecant.es www.campingvirgenmar.com 20min from ferry terminal

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back