Replying to posts slow .. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Just recently I've had problems replying to posts.. after pressing 'submit reply' nothing happens for ages.. then when it does go the post isn't showing until you open the thread.. very strange..

Is this a browser issue or have others had problems ?

I'm using Safari 4. on OS X 10.5.8

jim

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just recently I've had problems replying to posts.. after pressing 'submit reply' nothing happens for ages.. then when it does go the post isn't showing until you open the thread.. very strange..

jim

It's a "feature" of the site. If you open up another instance of FUN and go to your thread you'll find you post there. I just close the first instance. It looks to me like the forum engine gets stuck in it's re-indexing phase. This is on Firefox but others have mentioned this. I've never managed to actually identify a pattern when this happens.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
It's a "feature" of the site. If you open up another instance of FUN and go to your thread you'll find you post there. I just close the first instance. It looks to me like the forum engine gets stuck in it's re-indexing phase. This is on Firefox but others have mentioned this. I've never managed to actually identify a pattern when this happens.

but only sometimes, sometimes its work ok

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This happens at around 10:30 each day when something else i have happening on the server nicks quite a bit of the resource. I should have it sorted in a few days. Sorry:Blush:

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
It's a small fault, which is easily overcome, and it doesn't really spoil the pleasure I get from using MHF!

Thanks Jim, for the facility and pleasure this site offers. If the only problem is such a small fault, then I'm quite happy to live with it.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
This happens at around 10:30 each day when something else i have happening on the server nicks quite a bit of the resource. I should have it sorted in a few days. Sorry:Blush:

Thanks Jim.. now that you've explained, it's no big deal ..

I was fast running out of browsers to throw away :roflmto:

jim

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

jim

I thought it was me, that is why I had three replies for one quote, I just kept trying and ended up with three replies on one thread
Mel

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I thought it was me, that is why I had three replies for one quote, I just kept trying and ended up with three replies on one thread
Mel

I noticed, :roflmto: that's what prompted me to ask ..

working fine now :thumb:

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
It's a small fault, which is easily overcome, and it doesn't really spoil the pleasure I get from using MHF!

Thanks Jim, for the facility and pleasure this site offers. If the only problem is such a small fault, then I'm quite happy to live with it.

:Eeek: Creep!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.

Not at all - it's just that I'm happy to live with such a small fault. I use Firefox, and refreshing my browser easily dealt with the problem.

I can't understand why people can't come across a small problem like this, and immediately have to contact the webmaster and have him sort it for them.

The same kind of people that have a flat tyre and call out the AA perhaps??:RollEyes:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I can't understand why people can't come across a small problem like this, and immediately have to contact the webmaster and have him sort it for them.

The same kind of people that have a flat tyre and call out the AA perhaps??:RollEyes:

Absolutely not .. I resent that accusation ..

I contacted the web master because I couldn't find a fault with my browser and had reset and emptied the cache, but as it happens.. it was a site clitch .. which Jim may or may not have been aware of..

In case you missed Jim's post

This happens at around 10:30 each day when something else i have happening on the server nicks quite a bit of the resource. I should have it sorted in a few days. Sorry

jim

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Well I certainly reported it to Jim. If the indexing system was getting corrupted if it's not fixed then soon enough no FUN.

Deleted User
Have been having problems on firefox lately, especially today. Now using internet explorer, no problems.

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Absolutely not .. I resent that accusation ..

I contacted the web master because I couldn't find a fault with my browser and had reset and emptied the cache, but as it happens.. it was a site clitch .. which Jim may or may not have been aware of..

jim

Hi Jim,

I wasn't getting at anybody in particular, it was more of a return shot to one of our company who called me a creep:Angry: Just in case you hadn't noticed, I ended my post with a smilie:winky:

But as you mentioned it, your first post in the thread read:

I have been having the same problem for a couple of days, but I just right clicked and saved the contents of my post, refreshed the browser, and re-submitted my post. I guessed that the problem would sort itself out eventually.

Incidentally, I've called out Green Flag to repair a puncture. Garages re-tighten wheel nuts with a windy-wrench now, and even my biggest bar wouldn't remove the nuts!!:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim,

I wasn't getting at anybody in particular, it was more of a return shot to one of our company who called me a creep:Angry: Just in case you hadn't noticed, I ended my post with a smilie:winky:

Hi Doug

Fair enough, no offense taken

anyways.. back on topic.. :roflmto:

It's all fixed .. :Smile:

jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back