Reccomended Lubricant (1 Viewer)

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
The manual of our Ace Airstream 680FB states " DO Not " use WD40 as a lubricant on the habitation fixtures only use AMBERSIL 40+ , but I have not been able to obtain any locally , can anyone advise where I can purchase some my local Halfords do not stock it .:Sad:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The manual of our Ace Airstream 680FB states " DO Not " use WD40 as a lubricant on the habitation fixtures only use AMBERSIL 40+ , but I have not been able to obtain any locally , can anyone advise where I can purchase some my local Halfords do not stock it .:Sad:

Google "ambersil40+" only produces about 10100 hit.

One is Maplins.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Hi

WD40 is a crap lubricant, it washes out old oil and eventually leaves no lubricant.. any decent light mineral oil such as 3 in 1 will be fine.. also available in spray cans.

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

strathspey

Free Member
May 19, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
DO Not " use WD40 as a lubricant on the habitation fixtures only use AMBERSIL 40+ ,

One of the reasons WD40 is not recommended for use on habitation fixtures is that it can damage plastic/nylon/rubber parts.
I use Halfords rubber and nylon lubricant (and the French equvalent: Auto Practic Lubrifiant Silicone).
I have had no problems with these, and they can be used on the rubber seals and surrounds of the windows and doors of vehicles to prevent them sticking and to prevent deterioration.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back