Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
Hi all, does anyone have a reversing camera monitor that fits into the centre console. Barrie

OP
OP
Middy42

Middy42

Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
No model just looking for one that will fit in the radio area

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
DONT be tempted to fit any of the double din Pioneer radios that double as reverse camera monitors unless you can live with a dirty great warning message about the image possibly being reversed plastered across the top half of the screen. It's downright dangerous when you use the camera as a rear view mirror substitute, as cars, especially white ones suddenly appear from behind the warning leading to soiled pants moments I can tell you. I am having mine replaced next month.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
DONT be tempted to fit any of the double din Pioneer radios that double as reverse camera monitors unless you can live with a dirty great warning message about the image possibly being reversed plastered across the top half of the screen. It's downright dangerous when you use the camera as a rear view mirror substitute, as cars, especially white ones suddenly appear from behind the warning leading to soiled pants moments I can tell you. I am having mine replaced next month.
Sell him yours?:Grin:

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Loads of reasonably priced double din radios with screens on EBay.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Eddie is supplying an extremely reasonably priced Blaupunkt/Waeco unit that is specifically designed, I believe to marry up perfectly with Waeco cameras. It has a dvd and CD player, radio, remote control etc., and is still less expensive than a more expensive thing. It looked really good at the show and is genuinely surprisingly well priced.

Alternatively, if you only want to use it with a camera that looks downwards when you reverse or can put up with Big Brothers warning you can have my almost new Pioneer for a very small consideration when Eddie has swapped it out?

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I have an Android double din radio with 2 camera inputs. If you want your camera on all the time (as a rear view mirror) it wont work as the camera inputs cancel all other media. Also I had to go through 3 units to get a good one!!! I use my continuous rear view camera on a seperate screen and sideways looking cameras on the din unit.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I would not have another unit combined with a radio. Ive put up with it for 5 years but really its allmost useless, the slightest bit of sunshine and you cant see anything and its in the wrong place. Im going to change to a stand alone monitor with a hood fitted back on the side out of the sun.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I would not have another unit combined with a radio. Ive put up with it for 5 years but really its allmost useless, the slightest bit of sunshine and you cant see anything and its in the wrong place. Im going to change to a stand alone monitor with a hood fitted back on the side out of the sun.
I have a shaped hood made out of card for my double din taped on with electrical tape...class

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back