TV in Spain (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
I am in Spain at the moment on a site with good Wi Fi can anyone tell me I can watch some TV on my laptop. Thanks

Deleted User
Use a VPN to hide your location and watch UK programmes, I use PureVPN but not free, Filmon still working I believe but no download capability any more.

Site wifi is rarely good enough to stream TV and you may (will) be accused of 'pinching' others bandwidth.

If you do a search on here other methods are available.

OP
OP
SteveB123
May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
Use a VPN to hide your location and watch UK programmes, I use PureVPN but not free, Filmon still working I believe but no download capability any more.

Site wifi is rarely good enough to stream TV and you may (will) be accused of 'pinching' others bandwidth.

If you do a search on here other methods are available.
Filmon working a treat thanks for the advice. No one accused me of nicking band width yet though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Filmon working a treat thanks for the advice. No one accused me of nicking band width yet though.

It used to be even better because you could save programs on their server and then download them as mp4 files to watch anytime.

Only possible to save to their server now and then stream later, 1 hour free but can get another 3 hours for €5 a month once registered which is free.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
If your laptop is windows then download and install an android emulator such as Bluestacks then download and install the android app Mobdro, making sure you download it from Mobdro.com and nowhere else.
Mobdro will then appear on the front page of bluestacks.
You will get almost all the channels, sport, movies and normal TV.
Cheers
Ed

Deleted User
If your laptop is windows then download and install an android emulator such as Bluestacks then download and install the android app Mobdro, making sure you download it from Mobdro.com and nowhere else.
Mobdro will then appear on the front page of bluestacks.
You will get almost all the channels, sport, movies and normal TV.
Cheers
Ed

What would be the advantage of that over Filmon, can you record and download mp4 files?

Deleted User
Whats an mp4

It's a video file that can be stored on your computer like any other file and can be played back via windows media player or any other media player such as VLC.

Like an mp3 file for sound, an mp4 file is video.

Probably a more technical description available but that is essentially what they do.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Doesn't help when you are abroad and want to watch a current program though I would have thought, even with a VPN or am I missing something.
Correct! It's a media storage device so would be useless for watching live programmes. The reason for a VPN is because most if not all service providers in the UK block downloads of recent films TV shows etc. However, using a VPN service means your service provider does not know who you are when online.

Deleted User
Correct! It's a media storage device so would be useless for watching live programmes. The reason for a VPN is because most if not all service providers in the UK block downloads of recent films TV shows etc. However, using a VPN service means your service provider does not know who you are when online.

I thought that they blocked downloading of programs even in the UK so surely a VPN would make no difference to this, I use a VPN to save programs on BBC iplayer when I am abroad but this only lasts for 30 days and can only be replayed through BBC's own player, or at least I haven't worked out any other way.

Last time I looked into this it was not possible at all with ITV programs.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I thought that they blocked downloading of programs even in the UK so surely a VPN would make no difference to this, I use a VPN to save programs on BBC iplayer when I am abroad but this only lasts for 30 days and can only be replayed through BBC's own player, or at least I haven't worked out any other way.

Last time I looked into this it was not possible at all with ITV programs.

A VPN allows you to connect to servers all over the world and also to servers in the UK whilst you are still in the UK, that do not belong to a service providers such as Virgin Media for instance. So, Joe blogs could have a contract with Virgin Media for example, who provides Joe with all of his internet service.(unlimited downloads with Virgin by the way).

Virgin media and other UK service providers block downloads from certain sites like Kick Ass Torrents etc but if Joe has a VPN set up on his laptop, and is connected to a server in say London, or France, or the U.S.A. Virgin will not see him as being connected to their server and allow blocked sites to be accessed.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I should add, after reading your message again, these downloads are not from TV sites like BBCI Player etc. They are from other users around the world who share a common website where films, TV show's, music, e-books, software programmes etc can be accessed and downloaded for free.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
You get a lot more content, including sky sports and sky F1 ;)
I have MODPRO on my tablet, it's very good but uses the internet and that means a lot of data. Only trouble I have experienced is streaming can be interrupted on the big football games because too many people are accessing it at the same time. KODI is offering an interruption free streaming service for £60.00 per year. ? Again, your going to pay through the nose in Europe for using the internet, Not many campsites will have to capacity to make it worth while IMO.

Deleted User
I should add, after reading your message again, these downloads are not from TV sites like BBCI Player etc. They are from other users around the world who share a common website where films, TV show's, music, e-books, software programmes etc can be accessed and downloaded for free.

Not sure that I fully understand about Virgin and VPN use but in my case I am only interested in watching UK TV programs and then only occasionally and mainly BBC so I think Filmon a VPN and BBC iplayer will suffice for now(y)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
What would be the advantage of that over Filmon, can you record and download mp4 files?
No recording on the free ap but it shows all the sky sports and movie channels and just about any other European and USA based channels, currently watching the Spurs game in a pub but not on the pub WiFi, on a nearby Fon.
Cheers
Ed

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back