Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
Hi, all,

We have a clothes dryer 'fixed' to the rear wall of our shower cubicle. I say 'fixed' because it is just screwed through the brackets into the thin plastic shower wall, so it's not really fixed at all!

Problem is, I need to fix it properly, but I haven't he faintest idea how!

It's one of these pull out racks, which is intended to be fitted to two 'V' shaped brackets, which, in turn, are supposed to be screwed to some substantial surface, and it's the latter that's missing!

The wall it's on is the rear wall of the habitation module, so I could use something like the Fiamma bike rack fitting, going all the way through to the outside wall, but that seems to me to me somewhat of an overkill!

I have tried suggesting a free-standing dryer, but my wife is adamant that the garage is full enough already!

Any thoughts or suggestions as to how to fix this pesky dryer properly would be gratefully received.

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
We use one of these from our favorite motorhome accessory shop "Ikea"
upload_2016-10-18_13-40-18.png

Stands in the shower if it's wet outside or between the bench seats while we're away from the van. The additon of 4 cheapo bungees and 4 pegs stop it being blown over when out doors

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Geo in answer to your statement in blue under the motorhome pic
OF COURSE HE IS

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
funster rather than mending the fitting why not try this tack "Darling I could endevour to mend the rack but I fear the damage done by the person who fitted it will result in water getting behind the panels and rotting the wall boarding resulting in a dreadful smell and the need for a major repair and all the cost that entails and the van being off the road for.......... (you make the number up) so lets chat with other motorhomers as we travel to see what other solutions they have.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We have a similar 'shower' rack fitted to the Pilote. Frankly I would never put anything heavy on it - we will put one bath towel on it after a shower but I'd always suspend it over two of the 'across' lines, never just one. Otherwise we only ever use it for drying small things - eg our smalls and socks etc.

When we do any 'proper' laundry we use the tumble drier provided at wherever the washing machine is situated !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
I would never admit to wearing smalls
Bigs yes