• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED 16 inch steel rims for a Renault Master (1 Viewer)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Those tyreleader prices don't seem too bad. If you want secondhand, try a breaker's yard, the same wheels are fitted to Vauxhall Movanos and Nissan Cabstars.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Decided that my alloys are a bit knackered so decided to go back to good old steel rims. I need 4. Could anyone point me in the right direction please?
Cheers.

Just something niggling at the back of my mind but don't alloys have different mountings to steels? It might need some additional work other than just swapping them over?

Have you considered getting the allows reconned. Might be cheaper. Most respray places can redo alloys as good as I new (I believe).

I had mine done on my MX-5 and it cost £100 good as new. They cleaned off the old paint, sanded them back down and resprayed.

OP
OP
Nirvanauk
May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Just something niggling at the back of my mind but don't alloys have different mountings to steels? It might need some additional work other than just swapping them over?

Have you considered getting the allows reconned. Might be cheaper. Most respray places can redo alloys as good as I new (I believe).

I had mine done on my MX-5 and it cost £100 good as new. They cleaned off the old paint, sanded them back down and resprayed.
Thanks for that, I''ll look in to it. The reason I want to change is that the alloys leak a bit and I'd read that older alloys can sort of not provide a perfect seal and so sort of bleed a bit. I could of course be talking utter bollox!

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I think that its the bolts that are different, alloy wheels are thicker needing longer ones.

@Gromett The longer bolts cannot be used for steel wheels because they screw into 'blind' holes and bottom out before they grip the wheel so a new set of bolts for each wheel will be required.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Deleted User
Thanks for that, I''ll look in to it. The reason I want to change is that the alloys leak a bit and I'd read that older alloys can sort of not provide a perfect seal and so sort of bleed a bit. I could of course be talking utter bollox!
Quite right - alloys do eventually leak and can be a right pain.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back