• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED LPG (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you are planning on filling them at fuel stations you could have problems as we've noticed some are putting up signs about not refilling cylinders, some owners who have a gas system with with proper fillers have reported occasional problems so cylinders that are filled directly are likely to have even more difficulty finding somewhere that will allow it - in fact just today we were at one fuel station in France which had a sign on about the filling of cylinders not being permitted, whether this mean direct to the bottle or via a filler I don't know as we didn't need any so didn't bother to find out!

Personally I'd go for one with a 'proper' separate filler point.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I totally agree and an external one at that, they have no reason to suspect anything
Having to open a locker to fill is the dead give away, and has them running out to stop you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My filler is inside the locker. Never had a problem.
We have an inside filler and have only been refused once which was last year but it would make it easier for us to have it outside as ours is in a locker within the rear doors of our PVC so if it's raining the bed gets wet whilst we fill! I was hoping to move our filler to the outside before we came away but time ran out and it didn't get done, but it will be done over the winter ready for next year's escapades abroad!

Reactions: kcy
OP
OP
kcy

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
We wanted to have a tank fitted but the largest we can have fitted to our MH is a 30 litre which is just a bit more than one 10kg bottle, which sort of defeats the object!
We always seem to be fighting the weight issue so we decided to get two 10kg safe fill bottles. These are made to be refilled and being aluminium are obviously lighter than the old steel ones.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
SafeFill are GRP (plastic) and very light. An underslung tank might not save much weight over the cylinders it replaces but it puts the weight lower down and frees up more locker space. A lower capacity just means more frequent visits to the forecourt.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We wanted to have a tank fitted but the largest we can have fitted to our MH is a 30 litre which is just a bit more than one 10kg bottle, which sort of defeats the object!
We always seem to be fighting the weight issue so we decided to get two 10kg safe fill bottles. These are made to be refilled and being aluminium are obviously lighter than the old steel ones.
You I and a few million campers know these and other re fillable gas bottle are designed to be filled, BUT unfortunately the forecourts dont:rolleyes:
The practice of filling cylinders that are not meant to be DIY filled are the cause of the Ban. despitethe "Ive done it for years brigade" it is a Dangerous practice in the wrong hands, and im not aware of a training regime for such practice so do to a point understand the Ban those who have had no problems yet, be thankful, and don't complain when you do.
Im only suggesting an outside filler will be the least obvious of what your doing, untill you pay your bill that is, I tell um my RV uses about £15 worth a year and ive been all over Europe, they think its extremely cheap to run:rofl: Some folk just dont have a clue and why should they if there not into Campanology or whatever it is we do, I knew it rang a bell:doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back