mercedes sprinter engines (1 Viewer)

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
just had a sprinter delivery van turn up with my new repeatit wifi antenna , guy left the engine running while at the door , sounded like a tank
what engine is that I asked , and how old is it ?
almost 3 years , and a 4 cylinder he responded
that's not very good say I , would hope for better from a mercedes
well , he said , still goes ok , especially since it has 3 drivers , runs 24 hours a day , and has nearly 430,000 Km on the clock

so now you know , sprinter owners , only let the engine get cold once a week and you shouldn't get any problems except a clattery engine

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just had a sprinter delivery van turn up with my new repeatit wifi antenna , guy left the engine running while at the door , sounded like a tank
well , he said , still goes ok , especially since it has 3 drivers , runs 24 hours a day , and has nearly 430,000 Km on the clock

so now you know , sprinter owners , only let the engine get cold once a week and you shouldn't get any problems except a clattery engine

think that answers your question.......

never had a service in its life...and when the mot's due they'll trade it in :Doh:

Jul 24, 2009
Summer in UK, then NZ
Funster No
MH
Cabover
Exp
Since 2002
Mine has nearly 200k kilometres and is still as sweet as. That's pushing my luck isn't it? Just had to have a new alternator though and that was 'Ouch!'

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
:ROFLMAO:Hi I have a 316 Sprinter 360,000 miles not kms and still goes like a train (touch wood):ROFLMAO:
Brian and Marion

Now that's what I like to hear.

IMG_1196.jpg

deepstar

Free Member
Dec 27, 2007
lancashire
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
30+
sprinter

i have a burstner t star 680 sprinter manual gearbox i recon its one of the best you can invest your money in ive tryed the rest this is the best ive had
regards deepstar

pneumatician

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
Burntwood Staffs
Funster No
MH
La Strada,
Exp
since 2000
Sprinter

I also have a 316CDI and every year at its annual service I say does this or that or the other need doing and they just laugh and say don't be silly. Just normal wear parts and fluid changes.

Brilliant
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back