Renewing A Much Traveled Subject. (1 Viewer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
............................On being stuck.
Bought a pair of these yesterday from 'Range' at Blackburn, for £3.50. (I know, cheaper on line). Tried them under the front of my Citroen Berlingo on the grass over the road. They work! Fantastic value for money, and they even come with a storage bag. Should have bought two sets. (y)

https://www.buysend.com/product/322...snow-ice-mud-gripper-mats/?olo=googleProducts

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You say "they work" but we're you going to get stuck in the grass in the first place, and if you were/are at what point do you stop and get the mats out to drive onto them as once the front wheels have dug a hole its not easy getting the mats under, unless you have hydraulic jacks of course which makes it much easier.

Martin

Deleted User
............................On being stuck.
Bought a pair of these yesterday from 'Range' at Blackburn, for £3.50. (I know, cheaper on line). Tried them under the front of my Citroen Berlingo on the grass over the road. They work! Fantastic value for money, and they even come with a storage bag. Should have bought two sets. (y)

https://www.buysend.com/product/322...snow-ice-mud-gripper-mats/?olo=googleProducts

Might be cheaper online but 'currently unavailable'.......was just about to order a couple of sets, can't get to a Range we are in Spain en route to Portugal.

Thanks for the tip, might get my lad to buy some for us.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tootles

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You say "they work" but we're you going to get stuck in the grass in the first place, and if you were/are at what point do you stop and get the mats out to drive onto them as once the front wheels have dug a hole its not easy getting the mats under, unless you have hydraulic jacks of course which makes it much easier.

Martin
Well, firstly, I can tell that you seem to be missing the true perception required when examining an area which may be a problem to get out off. Firstly, never allow yourself to become a Sapper, and dig yourself in. (y) It works thus. It's time to leave the location your at, but oh dear, it rained last night, and the grass does look a tad damp..............So you position the mats in front of your driven wheels, secure in the knowledge that once you start the truck rolling, then odds are, (if you keep moving), then your going to progress to the nearest hard surface. (y)
As for the 'trial I did, (in a vehicle with a rather bad ground to weight ratio), I started to skid, put the mats under, drew back in reverse a few inches, then went for it. Apart from having to wash the mats off afterwards, (a mere trifle), they worked well. :)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I don't have a problem, I tow a tractor behind me just in case.
DSC01167.JPG

Martin

OP
OP
Tootles

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Blimey. They must be good if they work when you drive across trifle as well as mud :Eeek:
If it was a trifle YOU made Graham, it would be like driving over reinforced concrete. :)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I sometimes park with these underneath the wheels if I think I might get stuck.

Not sure what would happen if the mats and the wheels sunk though.

OP
OP
Tootles

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I sometimes park with these underneath the wheels if I think I might get stuck.

Not sure what would happen if the mats and the wheels sunk though.
It would have to exceptionally wet for that to happen Chris. Odds would be that you wouldn't have managed to get to that location in the first place.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back