Treating yourself... (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
bought myself a pair of Barr & Stroud 10x56 binoculars, now I've always had a few lying around of the fairly old and cheep variety and the new ones are by no means very expensive but the quality and the performance are the best I've had....

Last night and tonight with clear cold sky's it's amazing just how many stars there are out there and the moon looks fantastic..... I haven't been out and about with them yet during the day, only in the back garden and the clarity is brilliant....(y)

As I've said before these are not expensive binoculars so I like to see what very expensive ones are like:Eeek:

As with most things in life you get what you pay for....:cool:

What have you spent a few bob on to treat yourself that you probably didn't need but always wanted..?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Too much to list on here ( in case Woman ever sees the post ! )
One major thing though.. My Quadcopter

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Some of my watches. Won't ever lose money on those though so there's perhaps a little method in that madness.

My big bike.

EDIT: Oh, and most of my guitars :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I'd love an Ableton Push 2 controller but the boss is having none of it. https://www.ableton.com/en/push/?gclid=CNKvpJD52c8CFcoW0wodTHMDSA

This is part of the current set-up (it's constantly evolving), a new controller would really add to my enjoyment :whistle:
FullSizeRender.jpg

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
bought myself a pair of Barr & Stroud 10x56 binoculars, now I've always had a few lying around of the fairly old and cheep variety and the new ones are by no means very expensive but the quality and the performance are the best I've had....

Last night and tonight with clear cold sky's it's amazing just how many stars there are out there and the moon looks fantastic..... I haven't been out and about with them yet during the day, only in the back garden and the clarity is brilliant....(y)

As I've said before these are not expensive binoculars so I like to see what very expensive ones are like:Eeek:

As with most things in life you get what you pay for....:cool:

What have you spent a few bob on to treat yourself that you probably didn't need but always wanted..?
Can you see into the neighbours bedroom?

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Have a search on Youtube for PomplamooseMusic

Husband and wife team .. Amazing what they produce.. most of which is done at home.. and with the use of an Ableton Push
Thanks for bumping this thread, just watched some PomplamooseMusic, that's what I love about the Push controller, it enables creativity.
I watched a few more videos (as you do) with swmbo looking over my shoulder - I think she might be warming to the idea.
I got a 'we'll see after Christmas' from her - that's progress :):)

Brightonian

Free Member
Nov 27, 2015
City of Brighton & Hove
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 Years
Brought this Fender Flea Signature Jazz Bass not because i am a big fan of Flea but because i just fell in love with the look and colour of it. I didn't need another bass and am not really that good a player but am so pleased with it and it plays like a dream:D
It's a copy of Fleas 1961 Jazz bass

preview.jpg

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Brought this Fender Flea Signature Jazz Bass not because i am a big fan of Flea but because i just fell in love with the look and colour of it. I didn't need another bass and am not really that good a player but am so pleased with it and it plays like a dream:D

View attachment 129186

Everybody always needs another guitar (y)

There's no such thing as too many guitars. That's yet another thing women don't understand :D

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015

View attachment 129186
I would take that back. It only has 4 strings (y)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Everybody always needs another guitar (y)

There's no such thing as too many guitars.
Tell me about it, No 2 son has about 8 Oh Please!. Don't know if that is a lot but really!!!!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
You'll start to wonder how you ever managed without it and the laptop will be forgotten.....
I actually wonder how on earth people get by using an iPad !
All mine is used for is a bit of surfing and to play games on.

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I actually wonder how on earth people get by using an iPad !
All mine is used for is a bit of surfing and to play games on.

The only thing I use the laptop for now is for transferring and storing photos from the cameras.

iPad is great for the forum and yes, I play a few games too..:)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I went out last week, and treated myself to an hour of (supposed) pleasure with a well built lady of ill repute, however, when I undressed, she burst out into fits of uncontrollable laughter. :(
I refused to pay her, explaining that if I had wanted a good laugh, I would have spent considerably less money on a life subscription to *FUN*

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I went out last week, and treated myself to an hour of (supposed) pleasure with a well built lady of ill repute, however, when I undressed, she burst out into fits of uncontrollable laughter. :(
I refused to pay her, explaining that if I had wanted a good laugh, I would have spent considerably less money on a life subscription to *FUN*

That's your trouble @Tootles your spending too much money on the high class ladies, try cheaper ones.... you get better value, same contents just without the fancy wrapping......:whistle:

Ohh and be safe...;)

:eek:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The only thing I use the laptop for now is for transferring and storing photos from the cameras.

iPad is great for the forum and yes, I play a few games too..:)
So about the same as me then.. Cannot easily use it for spread sheets, accounts, image manipulation, ftp, html editing..
The iPad is a great toy and I do enjoy playing games on it, but not found any other real use for it yet ( and I have owned them for about 6 years now ! )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back