Registration Document incorrect?? (1 Viewer)

asinboat43

Free Member
Aug 2, 2008
anywhere & everywhere
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
9 years
Hi,z

Have a friend who recently decided to go to Switzerland in his motor home but has found out he must take his original Registration Document, after checking it, he finds that it states incorrectly 2 axles [he has 3 axles] gross weight 3.5 tons [actual 5.4 tons] his tax disc is £104 for 6 months .... what can he do now....first time he has checked the Registration Document.!! any and all suggestions please...

thanks

asinboat:cry::Sad:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Advise the DVLA.You don't say when he is going or the time he has to rectify the situation.
Is this a new van?Who registered the vehicle originally?

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
As 'AD' says this is a job for DVLA as it concerns the V5 document. Any errors must be reported and can only be corrected by them. Would be very interesting to know just how such a glaringly obvious error could be made.

Unfortunately they are only open Mon-Fri.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I would suggest he checks the vin number, chassis number etc, sounds like the wrong docs/reg has been put on that vehicle.
Do an online vehicle check.
You can also check the MOT records now, at least as far back as computerisation.

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I would suggest he checks the vin number, chassis number etc, sounds like the wrong docs/reg has been put on that vehicle.
Do an online vehicle check.
You can also check the MOT records now, at least as far back as computerisation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hope its not a RINGER !!!!!!!!!!

sounds like the converter has forewarded the original chassis/cab details to DVLA instead of the new details....ie upgraded alko chassis and the tag axle increasing the gross weight and No of axles.

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
best way visit your local dvla office .ask to see the manager explain whats happened .they usually have a vehicle inspector available if not may make an appointment or a day to visit you. they will look at vehicle check plates etc then reissue a log book could be done in less than a week if posties behave.remember tax is less on over 3.5 ton.
it is a requirement for you to take your log book with you every time you leave the uk. some countries impound vehicles if you havent got it,beware.
if you fill in the forms and post them i would say that will delay things visit the office it may get done same day .then they fax swansea log book leaves same day. i do this sort of thing regular. even get them to come here on saturdays sometimes.

Last edited:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Looks as if it's a fill in a form and post it to them job Jim?

Maght take a little while I guess...BTW is the Royal Snail strike action definately over?

Yes and no. The threatened strike action starting yesterday has been cancelled to allow for 'a period of calm' so that talks can resume (I think with ACAS at the helm) to resolve the situation in an adult manner.
Mandelson is still in a snit though, because he (along with Crozier and Ken Clark) really, really want to privatise Royal Mail, so that all of us who live out in the (unprofitable) sticks will lose even more services. They have already closed the best post office in a ten mile radius leaving one five miles away that opens for a few minutes every so often. Mind you, they have given us a very tasteful, warm and cosy transit van for the OAPs to queue outside of in the blizzards and hurricanes. Good of them, eh?

My brother in law, and my daughter's partner are both posties, so perhaps I'm a bit partisan but even if they weren't I would still have the same opinion. End of political diatribe - sorry:Blush:

John

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Our van is down as 2 axel's as well.

been meaning to get it changed just incase it caused a problem in the future. Might get it done now as this has reminded me.

Rich....

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
very wise i would say to correct the log book .your insurance company i,m sure wouldnt like it. its amazing how many vehicles ever get logged wrong. or should we say down plated. rules n regs do need updating our system as collapsed really. most of it is very simple its only confused by the middle authority. if you ever ring dept of transport or vosa main office its so easy. have fun .i do, our local dvla office know me on first name terms ,i built weird and wonderfull vehicles ,at one time some for television. the best is when you build something to avoid most of the regs,it can be a laugh. cheers alan.
ps i always say let me look at the excemptions first then let me look at the rules. what rules.?

Frankia

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Our last 'van was registered by the importer (correctly, as I saw the documents he sent) and the V5 came back with most things correctly stated except we had a very unique vehicle. - It was a 5 tonne 3Ltr MOTORCYCLE

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Incorrect Registration

We realised a couple of weeks ago that our van has been registered as a 4ton vehicle which Discover told us it was when we purchased it, but the plate on the van shows 3.5ton so we presumed this needed upgrading.
A telephone call to Burstner UK assures me that the van was built as a 3.5 so wrongly registered by Discover.
I have phoned DVLA and they need confirmation from Discover so we are now awaiting this,just pleased we noticed before being checked at the roadside for our weight.
So it is obviously not just a case of filling out the form.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
vera , i might change the plate on the van. if it says 4 on log book must be 4. nodnod. small square of aluminum required and some letter /number punches. hope you are getting the cheaper tax. think about it. i would, cheers alan.

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Registration document

vera , i might change the plate on the van. if it says 4 on log book must be 4. nodnod. small square of aluminum required and some letter /number punches. hope you are getting the cheaper tax. think about it. i would, cheers alan.

:winky: Thanks Alan Maybe not :whatthe:

At least we know our Road tools will be less in Austria this year, last year we only used the A roads to save tolls.
And I will have to buy our wine in a box instead of a bottle to save the weight :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back