Which Funsters have you met this year for the first time. (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
For the first time and want to see more of? in no order of merit.

For me I was really taken aback with @rosalan lovely interesting and funny couple.

Briefly @Mickx (y)

@garjanco Garry & Jan meeting them at Ambleside next month (y)

Probably more but these stuck, to add to the growing number of FUN people :)

EDIT
@Steve @Wildge @The Happy Couple :)
@Anthea M but feel like we met before.
@Jez and Lin as organisers of a great meet but they were of course very busy :)

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Not to many this year Simone called Techno
Was parked up next to us at misterton nice chap and lovely wife
Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Far too many to name, but can honestly say I look forward to meeting all of them again.... well, sort of ... :) .. maybe one day some will be 'special' friends you never know ... the ones who have influenced me most are the FLORA ladies .. but they are also the ones who have given me the most laughter wrinkles.. special mention to @PhilandMena @Langtoftlad .. oh just toooooooooooooooooooo many. :)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My people run a full check on any unknown (to me) Funster who suggests a meeting...

Only the 'Creme de la Creme' get through.

20161005_140016.jpg

JJ :cool:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
To Many :) :)
Met loads at Chester and cant remember them all so wont name some in case they think their my favorites :)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I had the pleasure of marshalling at the Retro festival this year. Needless to say I met many funsters, some I've met before and quite a few I hadn't. I also met and enjoyed the company of many of the RVoC members.(y)

Now ask me if I can remember any of their names.............;)

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
reported the ones the police have been looking for ray xx lol still lol they seek them here they seek them there they seek them funster every where

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
This year I met everyone new that came to Falkirk..From memory and apologies if I miss anyone @Baycott @TheCaller , @PeterandNicole @Stealaway @rosierose @Debs ...and @daveandsan I met before briefly somewhere. @Anthea M who I met at Chester then again at Lincoln. :)
I met all those (except for Anthea M) as well as @irnbru @MuckyMerc @Terry @normanandsue @DavidG58 @oldflemo @peterc10 @Puddleduck
And I have to say, what a pleasure it was to meet you all, including the ones I have forgotten.
I might owe you a pound or two Sandra for the ones I can't remember :rofl::rofl:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I met all those as well as @irnbru @MuckyMerc @Terry @normanandsue @DavidG58 @oldflemo @peterc10 @Puddleduck
And I have to say, what a pleasure it was to meet you all, including the ones I have forgotten.
I might owe you a pound or two Sandra for the ones I can't remember :rofl::rofl:
Lol...Its Ok John. you can keep them but thx for the thought.:).

Looking very likely I wont be collecting for charity next yr. The wheel has put its fees up by £5 per night so Im waiting on the discount figure so I can see if there is in fact still any interest for next yr.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Met @gus-lopez at Canterbury P & R back in June when we were on our way to France, what he thought of me I have no idea as I spent the whole time taking to him and trying to kill ants that had got into our van while parked over night outside our house before the off. :)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
met a few new faces this year, but daren't mention for fear of whatever becomes of such mistakes :)

the one I feel I know but am sure I haven't met is @Anthea M , but have a sneaky feeling we passed in the dark at Chester :LOL:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I'm JJ and I was wondering if you are in the position to be able to pay back that tenner I lent you at the Retro Festival?

Please see thread Broken Link Removed. Your money will be ready when ironing is complete.;)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
My people run a full check on any unknown (to me) Funster who suggests a meeting...

Only the 'Creme de la Creme' get through.

View attachment 129253

You appear to be pondering to the snobbery of motorhoming JJ. You of all people should know that a posh motorhome doth not reflect on the man.....:whistle:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
@ianthebuilder a couple of times our house + met up in France also.
Also met @Greenway in Águilas with @ianthebuilder
Then there was @bobandjanie at Canterbury P&R where I think my wife was actually with me ? Unusual :LOL:
Then I knew there was somone else but couldn't remember who at Canterbury but fortunately @davidbaldam posted already.
:)
Met @gus-lopez at Canterbury P & R back in June when we were on our way to France, what he thought of me I have no idea as I spent the whole time taking to him and trying to kill ants that had got into our van while parked over night outside our house before the off. :)

Forgot about the ants. :DAll gone now ?

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
We're a bit boring and don't go to any events. We've got our funsters sticker in the windscreen but not seen another funster since we left Scotland last September.

Are we both that terrible that everyone keeps clear of us, or is that the way we like it lol.

Shawn

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
We're a bit boring and don't go to any events. We've got our funsters sticker in the windscreen but not seen another funster since we left Scotland last September.

Are we both that terrible that everyone keeps clear of us, or is that the way we like it lol.

Shawn

Don't worry about it. :)
I've only seen one in 18 months. Events not for me either but that don't make us boring.
I guess the question is - if you saw one would you go and introduce yourselves?
As long as you enjoy your travels it really doesn't matter.

(and I'm such a miserable sod I don't have a sticker :) )

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
We have seen many wonderful people on the rallies and meets we have been too this year... Too many to list, so for us, you know who you are.. See you on our travels again for the rest of 2016 and beyond... :)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We can't remember all the Funsters we've met, which are new to us this year, but we do remember the first being @Anthea M, (Anthea & Rob) at Chester.

Our day of arrival was Rita's first day of (early) retirement, and Anthea came over, introduced herself, and handed me a card for Rita. How thoughtful was that? (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back