Campsites Northern Spanish Coast (1 Viewer)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
sorry cant say about campsites . we just follow the sea and you will either find campsites or wild parkups like us . it really isnt like med spain . loads nice places .
you might never get there so many places of interest.

Deleted User
When?

A lot of sites are closed out of season up there......Southern Spain it is not!

We have stayed at Las Hortensias at La Franca near Llanes and Los Cantiles near Luarca both nice sites but not sure about when they are open.

Link Removed like they are open all year.

Link Removed like they are open from 2/6/17 until 9/9/17

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Drove your route early March this year plenty of wild stops then stayed at a nice aire just outside Coruna it's well signposted if you follow the coast through the city.

Oct 8, 2016
bognor regis
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano 675G
Exp
10 years
Camping Playa Tauran near Luarca is nice, use the car park on Playa del Toro in Llanes, and park on top of the cliffs in Lluanco ( a bit vague I know, you'll need a map for that one)- done that route to La Coruna a couple of times.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hey Dave just for your first night or two, without having to drive very far and give you chance to gather your thoughts check out the aire at Cabercino. It is in the aires book and it is free, you wake up to see elephants, impala and water buffalow and not because you had too much grape juice the night before.

May 19, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1995
Yep, convenient site we've used on two occasions. Dumping facility not the best but useable.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I didn't think of that:D
miles away from santander in the wrong direction as well.
even the zoo aire is wrong way .
out the port head for torrelavaga then either follow main road west or take coast road the camping at san vicente de barquera is usually open in winter. camping el rosal
https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...0:0xd3684196d2a33d28!8m2!3d43.3889455!4d-4.38
we dont use it but know a few that do. we stop outside during the day and use layby,s east and west of san vicente at night . lovely views over the estuary in the layby,s .
dont use the red marker for some reason its in the wrong place when i checked but camp site is marked on the pic .

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
out the port head for torrelavaga then either follow main road west or take coast road the camping at san vicente de barquera is usually open in winter. camping el rosal
https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...0:0xd3684196d2a33d28!8m2!3d43.3889455!4d-4.38
we dont use it but know a few that do. we stop outside during the day and use layby,s east and west of san vicente at night . lovely views over the estuary in the layby,s .
dont use the red marker for some reason its in the wrong place when i checked but camp site is marked on the pic .

I have told you before to ignore me:D

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i thought i was getting dementia .ha ha .
luckily i can remember the way from visiting spain as a child .
not always sure what happened last winter but can remeber things and where some things are from years ago.
keep smiling . be happy .

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough

MILES, about 15 Km and well worth a stop over

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
The plan is to drive down in mid May 2017, then around the coast, Portugal and then S Spain, back trough France, then Belgium...

Reactions: f6c

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
The plan is to drive down in mid May 2017, then around the coast, Portugal and then S Spain, back trough France, then Belgium...

Could be a good time to travel round the north of Spain ( notice I said could) and then onto Portugal. It could also be wet at that time. If sun is not your priority then the scenery could be. It also could be quite hot by the time you're traveling in the south of Spain. "Could" again! You could have a fantastic trip :).

Reactions: f6c

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
my advise and i know i,m always saying ...
get a mapamax map book off amazon .
best map i know for showing small beaches coves etc .
we regularly just hug the coast. there really is some great places . but everyone likes something abit different . just take every road heading to the sea . yes sometimes you have to come back sometimes it takes you to that almost secret place that most never get to. certainly around galicia . and northern portugal there are several forestry roads that are the only way to get to places . just drive slow and have fun . they do go on for miles but there are some real nice places on route .
in the mapamax most are the white roads . we use them at every chance . https://www.google.com/maps/@43.177...!1e1!3m4!1sL2ecMbzWnruJ9nQnG2kaaA!2e0!7i13312!
this track on the right is how they get artic and big trucks into the village of arou.
great fishing village . some might say nothing there but we like it the houses are really colourful.

Attachments

• Spain and Portugal 09 - 10 533.jpg
    Spain and Portugal 09 - 10 533.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 12

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.178293,-9.1353816,4531m/data=!3m1!1e3
hopefully this might help.
certainly use street view .
we do get through with trucks . its almost a proper road in places but the places on route are great.
you cant get to all the places in the trucks but just follow the best roads . loads places to stop.
its a real adventure .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun