Eberspacher Hydronic Servicing (success story!) (1 Viewer)

Robin Mid-Wales

Free Member
Mar 7, 2016
Tywyn, Wales
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 2010
Hi,

I have a 1999 Murvi Morello van that has an Eberspacher Hydronic 12v fitted to it. Looking through the servicing records of the van it looks like it hasn't been touched for 10 years or so. It was squeaking away and just not running well at all. On a trip to go ski touring in Scotland last month it started to get a lot worse and back fire on startup. I guessed it was the fan motor packing up so I looked for somewhere to send it for servicing. There are not many places that will do the job and I knew this one was going to be complex as the unit has a D5 label on the lower housing and a D4 label on the upper!!!

I spotted Simon Williams details on the internet and contacted him. Simon is based in Birmingham and use to be a boat builder, and fitted the Eberspacher units to canal boats. He is Eberspacher certificated and has all the kit to fully test these units. He was very knowledgeable and helpful when I called him and he helped me with info on taking the unit off my van and sending it to him. He kept me informed at every stage and quickly repaired and returned the unit. What's more, he was cheaper than any of the other quotes I had and he filled me with more confidence. The servicing was £85 plus postage and the new combustion fan motor assembly was at cost. The servicing price included full cleaning, the service kit, overnight run and clearing fault codes. He only works on the Hydronic D4 and D5 12v units. His contact email is: simonwilliams236 (at) btinternet.com

It was quite an effort and risk to find somewhere that could help with my Eberspacher without costing the earth - so I hope this info may assist someone else.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Welcome to the Fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
I have the D5W and works great on Diesel, but very noisy, but when trying to run the heating on Mains it starts up runs for a few minutes and then shuts down, keeps doing this all the time its turned on , any ideas

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have the D5W and works great on Diesel, but very noisy, but when trying to run the heating on Mains it starts up runs for a few minutes and then shuts down, keeps doing this all the time its turned on , any ideas
You can get silencers for Eberspachers, they seem to be rarely fitted as standard.

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
had one on last Murvi, but the current one I dont think so, to wet here in Hawes to go and look, but dont think it does compared to last van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back