ZZRMike

Free Member
Jun 1, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Just waiting for ours .
Exp
Weve done , weve finaly actually after one heck of a rollercoaster ride , found and bought our perfect wee moho, a 4 berth, burstner harmony, T625 on a 2.8 ltr deisel fiat ducatoonly 20k on the clock, she is in absolutely mint showroom condition, i can honestly say i was useless absolutely no good at all. Like a schoolgirl on prom night, all my research , practise at dealing with these guys to no avail ,the test drive had me gibbering and drooling , had to give the wife the big puppy eyes letting her know i wanted this bad , but i think she knew earlier when i was trying everything like a kid in a sweet shop,even crawling under her, in the engine bay was immaculate( think thats where i lost the plot). yes i ended up paying the asking price but managed to get them to agree to fit a twin reversing camera and a 4 metre fiama f45 awning , all for 23 k now i cant sit still , pick her up from dicksons in Perth on next saturday , so keep an eye out , im the one with the huge grin splitting ma face ,lol. Dont reckon on getting much sleep till then as i am worse than the grandkids before xmas. I can tell that the wife is secretly really exited but she has one hell of a poker face , i shoulda sent her in on her own and i stay in the car , we drove down from lossiemouth to perth, as we will next week but next week i must try to stay at the speed limit, might get rona to drive , i will be beside my self , or out pushing the car to get there sooner. Cant wait to meet you guys out on the road.

OP
OP
ZZRMike

ZZRMike

Free Member
Jun 1, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Just waiting for ours .
Exp
It has been one heck of a steep learning curve and thanks to this site i have saved a fortune and gained a huge respect for other moho owners, i even managed to help another couple out today , who have just started on the great adventure of finding their dream moho, so am hoping they follow my advice and join this site, it was the single most usfull bit of advice i could give them , please excuse me for giving them the chck list i dloaded from the site, its been a huge help to me so am sure they will join if not already .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Weve done , weve finaly actually after one heck of a rollercoaster ride , found and bought our perfect wee moho, a 4 berth, burstner harmony, T625 on a 2.8 ltr deisel fiat ducatoonly 20k on the clock, she is in absolutely mint showroom condition, i can honestly say i was useless absolutely no good at all. Like a schoolgirl on prom night, all my research , practise at dealing with these guys to no avail ,the test drive had me gibbering and drooling , had to give the wife the big puppy eyes letting her know i wanted this bad , but i think she knew earlier when i was trying everything like a kid in a sweet shop,even crawling under her, in the engine bay was immaculate( think thats where i lost the plot). yes i ended up paying the asking price but managed to get them to agree to fit a twin reversing camera and a 4 metre fiama f45 awning , all for 23 k now i cant sit still , pick her up from dicksons in Perth on next saturday , so keep an eye out , im the one with the huge grin splitting ma face ,lol. Dont reckon on getting much sleep till then as i am worse than the grandkids before xmas. I can tell that the wife is secretly really exited but she has one hell of a poker face , i shoulda sent her in on her own and i stay in the car , we drove down from lossiemouth to perth, as we will next week but next week i must try to stay at the speed limit, might get rona to drive , i will be beside my self , or out pushing the car to get there sooner. Cant wait to meet you guys out on the road.
I loved reading your post! The excitement is palpable!! Wait until you actually pick her up! Enjoy your travels! Post some photos when you collect her and good luck!!(y)

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Well @ZZRMike what a great post, now you will have a different set of questions to ask, look forward to seeing some photos of your new Pride & Joy. (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ZZRMike

ZZRMike

Free Member
Jun 1, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Just waiting for ours .
Exp
Thanks everyone , once i figure out how to,post pics and ive collected our new rig ill be sure to pics . Ok daughter figured it out , thanks lol

Attachments

• IMG_1687.JPG
    IMG_1687.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ZZRMike

ZZRMike

Free Member
Jun 1, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Just waiting for ours .
Exp
I tried everything on it , still no showers scene for yas tho , (i hear thank the lord everywhere,lol)

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought our Burstner t625 Harmony in February 2012 (when it was coming up to 9 years old), as a stop-gap after our previous van was written off, and kept it because it was just what we were looking for. As I've written in other threads we haven't seen any other motorhome which would meet our requirements any better. Keep an eye on the seals to prevent water ingress, as the mastic can dry out, but otherwise no problems.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Congratulations, at least you can spend the next two weeks buying all the bits and bobs to go inside.

Enjoy

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Our first van was almost identical. It was so good we simply bought a newer version of the same van. After spendind 5 hours and a large amount of cash at the Lincoln show its still the best van for us two.
A few things are better but I would have that 2.8 engine back in a moment.
Still cant figure how to make up the second bed in either of them.

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well done. Not easy buying the right MH from that far north.

Take note of what Graham says. A good van but not without water ingress problems. Ask him where his has leaked, chances yours will but if you catch it early it's no problem.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Ask him where his has leaked, chances yours will but if you catch it early it's no problem.
@ZZRMike We had ingress to the rear locker, which we didn't catch early, but still repairable.
The other areas to watch are the capping where the roof and sides meet (apparently the capping is no longer available and is damaged if removed so oversealing is the answer) and round the windows and rooflight (either remove and reseal completely or overseal if minor).
Our Heki sprang a sealant leak a few weeks ago; I oversealed it temporarily as we had a couple of trips booked and paid for but we are going to book it into the MCEA engineer who does our habitation service to have it removed and resealed. He knows what he is doing and can do it in a dry workshop whereas I only know how to do it in theory and it would be bound to pour down as soon as I removed it if I tried it on the drive :D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ZZRMike

ZZRMike

Free Member
Jun 1, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Just waiting for ours .
Exp
Cheers for the advice guys , thanks to the advice from this site , i had the salesman test all the areas mentioned by GJH when we were down there yesterday in front of us , the highest reading was 13% , i cant express how emmaculate this rig is , it was certainly well worth the effort and weight, also looking at undersealing, along with a whole host of tech as the wife and i are major fans of tech, so i promise there will be loadsa techy questions .

Reactions: GJH
Upvote 0

EyUp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Yorkshireman living in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Majestic 180
Exp
A biker ? and a motorhomer, like me :)
Congrats on the van and a great drive back to Lossie from Perth. Plenty of spots to do some wild camping on route :)

I know Lossiemouth very well indeed !!

Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Well from another biker,enjoy your new van,seems like you are really pleased with it.
However best you ask the dealer to remove the body from the bed!! :swear:

Upvote 0
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Hello from the Highlands, best place to own a MH in my opinion. There are sooooo many places to get away for the weekend without getting near a site. We've just come back from the Creag Meagaidh reserve on the side of Loch Laggan. Then there is the west coast, take your pick of fantastic views to wake up to and those lovely beaches.

Don't forget to wave when you see another van !

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ZZRMike

ZZRMike

Free Member
Jun 1, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Just waiting for ours .
Exp
A biker ? and a motorhomer, like me :)
Congrats on the van and a great drive back to Lossie from Perth. Plenty of spots to do some wild camping on route :)

I know Lossiemouth very well indeed !!
Yup, am still a biker , will always be a biker , just getting older still not wiser , but theres not many old wise bikers about these days it seems. The wife has unknowingly donated her GN125 to become the moho bike once ive chopped it down to hopefully 60kg then i can fit a bike ramp to the back as the burstner has a quoted load limit of 540kg but ill weigh-bridge it to make sure. Think ive covered Scotland well in my 27 years biking and camping so i know some great wee secret locations to try and squeeze the rig into , so might be posting some gems in the future.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ZZRMike

ZZRMike

Free Member
Jun 1, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Just waiting for ours .
Exp
Hello from the Highlands, best place to own a MH in my opinion. There are sooooo many places to get away for the weekend without getting near a site. We've just come back from the Creag Meagaidh reserve on the side of Loch Laggan. Then there is the west coast, take your pick of fantastic views to wake up to and those lovely beaches.

Don't forget to wave when you see another van !
Hi from just oer the moray firth, i know cromarty quite well , lived up here for some time now and totaly agree , the highlands are definatley the best place for me, in all my camping years (about 44 ) i can count the times ive used a site on the same hand, lol . Theres loadsa secret wee spots , absolutely hundreds o secret wee spots around Scotland , i could easily get the zzr in but the challenge is now can i fit my rig in ,lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back