Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We are on a CL at the moment.

The occupants of the caravan next door have a spaniel.
It sleeps in the car and is tied up outside the caravan all day.
It does get walked, but can anyone tell me why you would have a dog for companionship but then leave it alone all the time, excluding it from your life?
It's not what a social pack animal should endure in my opinion.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We couldn't do that with our two they love company and so do we they're so loyal.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Our two Spaniels wouldn't put up with that. They like their comforts, our seats, our beds and lots of walks. :)
Our two rescues are the same, they would soon have something to say if they were tied up on their own outside.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We're in an Aire in Spain with 2 dogs tied up outside barking at anything that passes next door to us.
Quite annoying but I'm with you, why have them to tie them up outside all day?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Saw that on a site in Cornwall last week. Owners sat in their caravan and there two large dogs were in a cage in the back of their car with the tailgate left open. And the two mutts whined and barked constantly. I suppose I could have gone across and spoken with them, I was tempted but we went for a walk instead and by the time we got back they had left.

Reactions: kcy
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know why anyone wants a dog in a motorhome, period :(

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams

When I hit 40 I decided I would treat myself to the 2 things in life I'd always wanted a dog and a motorhome .
Pre kids me and Mrs Vlad had enjoyed holidays in places like the Caribbean ,Mauritius ,Dubai ,Majorca and anywhere that took our fancy .
Having always wanted a dog there was no way I was going to stick it in kennels when we went on holiday .The motorhome meant we could all go away together and no matter where we go we know we will always have decent accommodation and my furry friend can come too .

Vlad

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Our two Spaniels wouldn't put up with that. They like their comforts, our seats, our beds and lots of walks. :)

Our two rescues are the same, they would soon have something to say if they were tied up on their own outside.

Ours as well (y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I hate reading things like that. I would have probably had a pop at the "owners' if I was there. People who treat dogs like that shouldn't have them to start with.

Our motorhome is as much for the dogs as it is for us and they love it.

If we didn't have the dogs we would probably never have started. The only time our MH is ever used without the dogs is for music festivals that don't allow them anyway.

Yes we have a lot of dog hair and muddy footprints to clean up but that's part of the fun for us and I wouldn't change it for a second. (y):D

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Bren always wanted a Westie but we were not prepared to have one then leave it alone all day while we were out at work. I also had an issue about allergy but, thanks to our good friends Colin & Tina (CherryPirate) who have two Yorkies, discovered I was now clear. Having found motorhoming suits our way of life it was only natural that we would end up with a dog and despite the life upheaval we're very glad we did. Jamie loves going out in the m/h and meeting all the other m/h doggies.

But have to agree that dog ownership is not for everybody and leaving dogs tied up all day outside is, frankly, criminal.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We are on a CL at the moment.

The occupants of the caravan next door have a spaniel.
It sleeps in the car and is tied up outside the caravan all day.
It does get walked, but can anyone tell me why you would have a dog for companionship but then leave it alone all the time, excluding it from your life?
It's not what a social pack animal should endure in my opinion.
Are you SURE it's not his wife?? :Eeek: I mean, treating a dog like that is terrible.

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
next door neighbour kept five dogs in kennel day and night , he did take them for a ten minute walk most evenings. In the summer the stench of dog pee was awful.

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Hmm? Why do some people have messy noisy kids? :reel:

The difference is that the children will one day when they grow up have the choice to leave the situation, the dogs will no doubt have to put up with the way they are treated until the day they die.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The difference is that the children will one day when they grow up have the choice to leave the situation, the dogs will no doubt have to put up with the way they are treated until the day they die.

From what I observe these strange days, children are treated as grown up from the age of two, and with one complaining phone call they will immediately be whisked away from any situation that does not suit them. (y)

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
So you buy a motorhome and change your life style. What do you do with your dog? A responsible person would accommodate the dog,passport and all. You'd probably shoot him:reel:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
So you buy a motorhome and change your life style. What do you do with your dog? A responsible person would accommodate the dog,passport and all. You'd probably shoot him:reel:
Just wouldn't have one in the first place(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back