Mike foster

Free Member
Aug 21, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
is there a book that lists all camp sites and there facilities in the U.K. Along with maps you could recommend please.
Regards Mike

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Mike
I always use Ukcampsites.co.uk and use their site search facility
@Jim if my mention of another forum based site contravenes fun rules Im sorry and please delete my reply

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mike foster

Mike foster

Free Member
Aug 21, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
Thanks guys but I was thinking if out and about with no internet a book would be very useful to carry around. Regards Mike

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
The trouble with books is that they are out of date by the time the ink is dry ... on subjects like this anyway.

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
What @chaser meant to say was that if you use Campercontact you can download maps of every European country so no internet connection, or out of date books required.
Please excuse his oversight

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
What @chaser meant to say was that if you use Campercontact you can download maps of every European country so no internet connection, or out of date books required.
Please excuse his oversight
Glad to see you have lightened up on this now, :) just when I had been converted to park4night ;) did you know that the searchforsites bloke is now a member on here.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
What's his username ?
Honest Joe?
Robbin Hood?
Could tell you , but don't know if he wants to get into arguments about his site , think he just wants to be a motorhomer on fun, but if you do a search on recent references to searchforsites you might find him, he's only been on a couple of weeks.

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Joking aside
If you only want to stay on 'propper' campsites in the U.K. You need to be a member of the Caravan Club (or the other one) as their sites are only open to members.
No harm in joining for a year and see how you get on.
They offer a book for members too

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mike foster

Mike foster

Free Member
Aug 21, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
Thanks Robert, is the caravan club the best one to join or the caravan & camping club or both ? Regards Mike

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thanks Robert, is the caravan club the best one to join or the caravan & camping club or both ? Regards Mike
Hi Mike
I'm not the best person to ask as I don't spend much time on campsites in the UK
Maybe worth joining both for just one year - then decide for yourself
Enjoy your travels !

Upvote 0

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
@easy :whistle:
I wonder how many users know he uses the databases without the copyrighters permission... and if they do know, do they care?

As an aside - am I complicit in copyright theft if I'm a member of CC and C&CC as well as a purchaser of the Britstop book?
I have a right to that info but not, perhaps, via that particular app.
:pop:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I care !

If @easy is the owner of searchforshite he/she should be banned for spamming this forum and for breaking rule 4

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
All I will say is I checked with Jim before joining
you broke rule 4
In particular

Rule 4 Traders & Trading
COMMERCIAL LINKS IN SIGNATURES ARE ONLY ALLOWED IF YOU ARE A FORUM SPONSOR. Traders WHO ARE SPONSORS

Upvote 0

easy

Free Member
Oct 7, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
My site is not commercial, it is totally free, no different to other members on here who have similar sites in their signatures and are not sponsors

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just as a matter of interest why are you bothered Robert

I'm bothered because Searchforsites features Britstops and France Passion hosts on their website, as I understand it, without obtaining permission from them, therefore undermining both of these businesses.

Searchforsites.jpg

Reactions: awg
Upvote 0

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I'm bothered because Searchforsites features Britstops and France Passion hosts on their website, as I understand it, without obtaining permission from them, therefore undermining both of these businesses.

View attachment 130138
Fair enough Robert, however it says there are only 118 listed on britstops icon (of these types), I have bought the britstop book and there's lot more than that maybe he has permission?
Regarding the French passion there is 720 listed but I don't now if you pay for this service, but I take your point
The guy offers this all for free I believe, and as I can afford too I buy the books, but useful for others who might not be lucky enough to do so(y)

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We are members of The Caravan Club, Camping and Caravan Club and Britstops. Club sites are fine (and open to non-members for an additional fee) - they can be expensive, have strict rules but you know the standard of what you are getting. I much prefer the CS and CL sites which are small 5 unit sites with variable facilities and only open to members. Each to their own.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back