Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi All,

Well after the trauma of deciding were to buy a villa we went to Spain last week, found the perfect villa and then Claire decided she did not want one after all!!! Women eh!

So I have just got back from the Travel World where I have purchased a Concord 300TS - Triple Slide which means that Claire will come out as it is not as tall nor wide as the Winnebago!

Yippee!

Pictures will be up later.

So the Winnibago Itasca Suncruiser will be up for sale as soon as I have washed it and taken some photos.

Regards

Chris

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Welcome-back :thumb:

regards...nige

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Goodo Chris - Nice to have you back. I look forward to seeing the new bus. Will Claire be driving it?:winky: I bet Eleanor is pleased.

See you soon.

Sonja

OP
OP
G2EWS
Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Here tis!

_AAA7421smaller.jpg

_AAA7422smaller.jpg

_AAA7423smaller.jpg

_AAA7424smaller.jpg

_AAA7425smaller.jpg

_AAA7427smaller.jpg

_AAA7428smaller.jpg

_AAA7429smaller.jpg

_AAA7430smaller.jpg

_AAA7431smaller.jpg

Regards

Chris

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Very nice too, still lots of room though.

Pat

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Wow :whatthe: superb, got to be better than being tied to a villa. Bet that set you back. Lovely looking machine. Well impressed.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Very Very nice Chris. I see there is a lot of wardrobe space. New Clothes to fill the space?:winky:

Sonja

Goose

Free Member
Aug 11, 2009
Somewhere in Europe
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Hello Chris and thanks for the pics. She's a beauty.

I'm interested to know your thinking behind the switch to your Concord 300TS. I've had a look at Coachmen's website and the 300TS looks a beautiful, well-spec'ed and well laid-out RV.

I'm in Canada at the moment and will be moving to the UK soon. It's our intention to bring over an RV. We originally liked the Coachmen Prism but have been leaning more toward a Winnebago A-class like the Sunstar 26P or 30W.

Considering you've changed from a Winnie A-class to the Concord, we'd love to know your reasoning.

The Rv Mall of Texas has '09s on sale for $83,000 so we could probably ship an '09 Concord 300TS to the UK for 55,000 pounds including all taxes, shipping costs and insurance and are wondering if it would make financial sense to do so or would it be better
to simply buy in the UK. (I'm not concerned with the electrical issues).

Would love to know your thoughts. Thanks (and congrats).

OP
OP
G2EWS
Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Goose,

My reason was simple. My Wife did not like being in the A class so it was almost never used. This year I organised one trip to a beer festival just down the road. A 10 mile round trip. I estimate that it cost me £2,000 for that great weekend!!

As to bringing to the UK, you will need to keep it in Canada for either 6 or 12 months - others will confirm which - then you will not have to pay the import taxes. These taxes are the ones that kill the purchase in the US. You will obviously have to pay freight and the story I have heard is you need to totally seal the rear as the dock workers go inside and use the sleeping quarters. I have heard of people putting ply between the front seats and the rear and totally locking the rear so no one can get in. Apparently they will use the toilets and make a total mess of everything. I have heard this story from many different sources and individuals who have imported themselves to believe that it happens. I am sure others on here will give you their own stories good or bad.

Other than that, it is a great idea to import and the conversion on electrics and lights can be fairly straightforward if you are into electrics.

Best regards

Chris

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Nice looking RV. Your A class would have had loads of storage how does the new rig compare?

OP
OP
G2EWS
Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Jim,

I have explained to Claire that we will have to re visit taking four tables, 9 chairs along with about 30 glasses, 30 bottles of wine, 5 bottles of whisky and 6 cases of beer!! Oh and some food!!!

A lot less space, but we just need to sit down and work out what we really do need. I have got so used to having a patio heater that it will have to be found a home!

Regards

Chris

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Our last RV was the Concord triple slide :thumb:

Great Bus but we hated the lack of room in the kitchen (no workspace at all) and the flip out extra counter stops the fridge opening :cry:.

Very usable though and a lot of outside space for a B+ RV and a great sound system!!! :thumb:

Would I have another??? No simply due to the kitchen shortfalls :Sad:

But thats just my opinion...i hope you love it :thumb:

OP
OP
G2EWS
Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Dazzer,

You never told me that when you tried to sell yours to me!!!

Regards

Chris

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi Dazzer,

You never told me that when you tried to sell yours to me!!!

Regards

Chris

Why would i want to point out its shortfalls whilst trying to offload it onto you :Eeek: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I would have another Concord tomorrow but it would be the 2 slide 27` long version as the kitchen is much better. Build quality was good and it was pretty good on fuel and reasonably nippy for such a big thing.

Any reason you are buying from UK and not importing one yourself?? We saved £1000s by doing it ourselves and had a much bigger choice of vehicles. You could probably buy a brand new one (and the new shape) for what your paying for it over here. :cry:

OP
OP
G2EWS
Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Why would i want to point out its shortfalls whilst trying to offload it onto you :Eeek: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I would have another Concord tomorrow but it would be the 2 slide 27` long version as the kitchen is much better. Build quality was good and it was pretty good on fuel and reasonably nippy for such a big thing.

Any reason you are buying from UK and not importing one yourself?? We saved £1000s by doing it ourselves and had a much bigger choice of vehicles. You could probably buy a brand new one (and the new shape) for what your paying for it over here. :cry:

Hi Dazzer,

Couple of points. When you bought yours and even 18 months ago when I was going to the States to get one myself there was a lot of money to be made. I had even planned to keep it out there for 18 months and thereby get away with import and vat taxes.

However, if you take a look now the prices with current exchange rates are much higher.

More importantly I will tell you one day what I paid for it in the UK, you would be very surprised! The dealer was selling for someone who just happened to phone that day and state, get rid of it at any cost!!!

Regards

Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back