Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Good luck with the sale Jim hope you get a good price.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Jim, good luck with the sale,:thumb:a lot of motor for the money,looks like Jans been busy with the polish......::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It's a shame it has to go, but good luck with the next chapter, don't know how you get on in the house again. It takes me a while, and that's only 2 months at a time...........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: All I have done since we got back is pick up leaves and visit the tip,:winky: a lot nicer being on a site watching someone else do it.::bigsmile: Bob.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Constructive criticism Jim
you appear to be selling with a LPG/110v Micro wave:Doh: unless Ive read it wrong of course
Geo
Good luck with the sale:thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Jim

Sad times but best of luck with the sale. This will be a really good buy for somebody given the way that you have looked after it.

Jim
:Smile:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
best of luck with the sale Jim. Bet you are looking forward to the smaller one you were talking about.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
good luck with your future plans Jim. Don't forget to add the fact it has a towbar. some indication about the MOT would also help. i.e. new MOT for purchaser or list of jobs that need doing if any.:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Jim,

I would suggest you get a new MOT on her as without one, people will be put off or try and chip you back hard.

I would also remove this part of the listing, people generally ask why, strangely enough!

Other work New awning fabric 2008 New starter motor from Cummins Nov 2008 New Flojet domestic water pump Roof repainted with Plas T Cote , three coats, Jan 2007 Carpet removed, now covered in

A van with a recent new engine or gearbox does not make it more desirable in the eyes of some buyers believe it or not.

Good luck.

Peter

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Good luck Jim, would you want me to bombard you with questions in order to get you used to ebaying?

I regually send jim questions about the travel log and he never replies.:ROFLMAO:

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Jim,

You are going to miss him!

The only thing I would change is mentioning that the upholstery is 12 years old so shows signs of wear. Of course it does, but you don't need to tell the prospective purchaser that.

Good luck with the sale.

Best regards

Chris

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
All the best with the sale of your R.V Jim,, and hope you will be as pleased with whatever you get as you have been with george.. :thumb:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Jim - I hope you don't mind but I found the solid block of writing stuffed with techno information hard going. People want ti imagine themselves in it and enjoying the benefits - the picture I got was a family living in it full time - and possibly giving it some hard wear as a result. I've had a go - feel free to reject or amend as you see fit.

:Smile:
Keith

This is our much loved and well cared for GeorgieBoy that has taken us round Europe without any problems and has been a joy to use.

Our circumstances have changed and reduced the time available to us for touring although we don’t want to give up completely so we would consider a PX for a panel van conversion with a cash adjustment.

George is an ideal RV for long-term touring or even full timing.
George has a Spartan chassis with a Cummins Diesel 5.9lt diesel pusher engine (like a coach) that gives a genuine 14mpg. With an Alison four-speed fully automatic gearbox and power steering driving is a relaxed pleasure. Like a coach you ride smoothly on air-ride suspension.

George comes with all those luxuries associated with an American RV that make travelling in one of these spacious vehicles so enjoyable:

Queen-sized walk around bed; sofa-bed, dinette for four; large separate shower, WC, aircon; LPG powered ducted air heating and 6 gallon hot water tank, well-equipped kitchen with twin sinks, large American-sized fridge-freezer and Panasonic microwave, double-glazed tinted windows; satellite dish; even a Whirlpool washing machine!

There is abundant electrical power with four 85Ah batteries, a 1600-watt inverter (runs all your 240-volt appliances), Victron Energy Multi Plus 70A charger and a 5kv LPG-powered generator.

Mechanically George is in great condition the engine sounds sweet and burns no oil and he comes with a new MoT. We have had him serviced every 3,000 miles. The coachwork is in good condition and all body panels are straight (there is slight fading to front graphics.) All tyres are in good condition and George comes with spare oil and fuel filters. New belts have been fitted to the alternator and air con. There is a spare wheel and tyre, a jack, axle stands and wheel stud socket. The mileage is 50k.

Mentionables: The front near side lower bumper has a small crack. Upholstery is in good condition with some general wear. The driver and passenger captain’s chairs are in A1 condition. Kitchen twin sink has two chips. Replacement of the standard 5ft mattress is advisable and that’s it – George is all you could want in a reliable diesel-pusher American RV at a super price!

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Jim - I hope you don't mind but I found the solid block of writing stuffed with techno information hard going. People want ti imagine themselves in it and enjoying the benefits - the picture I got was a family living in it full time - and possibly giving it some hard wear as a result. I've had a go - feel free to reject or amend as you see fit.

Hi Keith

your writing skills are far better than mine.. :Blush:

many thanks

jim

Last edited:

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
I'm a bit like Jim..... if I'm selling something, I'm scrupulously honest about the condition, without running it down.

This way, people believe in you as well as what you are selling, and you don't get people driving 200 or more miles, and leaving disappointed.

Far better to be honest, and having a prospective purchaser thinking it is in better condition than advertised.

Most people, especially buying from eBay, will do lot's of research, and will have a very good idea about what they are buying, and let's be honest, with very few exceptions, a vehicle like a motorhome with 50K miles on the clock, is going to have a few small faults.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi jim, another tip. Ebay lets you use html. So if you have access to an html editor, you can really tidy the text up. You can use colour, bold and italics, list indents etc to really make the advert readable. Then just copy all the code and paste it in. Ebay will the display it properly.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi jim, another tip. Ebay lets you use html. So if you have access to an html editor, you can really tidy the text up. You can use colour, bold and italics, list indents etc to really make the advert readable. Then just copy all the code and paste it in. Ebay will the display it properly.

Thanks for the tip Jim, I wondered why it kept reverting back to a block of text without paragraphs :Doh:

I wonder why eBay doesn't have WYSIWYG editor , my html is a bit rusty :roflmto:

jim

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp

WOOOOOSH that was the above going over my head:ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
WOOOOOSH that was the above going over my head:ROFLMAO:

Well you don't really need to use html unless you want pictures and links within the text. The formatting tools available while you edit your entry should allo you turn this.

This is our much loved and well cared for GeorgieBoy that has taken us round Europe without any problems and has been a joy to use. Our circumstances have changed and reduced the time available to us for touring although we don’t want to give up completely so we would consider a PX for a panel van conversion with a cash adjustment. George is an ideal RV for long-term touring or even full timing. George has a Spartan chassis with a Cummins Diesel 5.9lt diesel pusher engine (like a coach) that gives a genuine 14mpg. With an Alison four-speed fully automatic gearbox and power steering driving is a relaxed pleasure. Like a coach you ride smoothly on air-ride suspension. George comes with all those luxuries associated with an American RV that make travelling in one of these spacious vehicles so enjoyable: Queen-sized walk around bed; sofa-bed, dinette for four; large separate shower, WC, aircon; LPG powered ducted air heating and 6 gallon hot water tank, well-equipped kitchen with twin sinks, large American-sized fridge-freezer and Panasonic microwave, double-glazed tinted windows; satellite dish; even a Whirlpool washing machine! There is abundant electrical power with four 85Ah batteries, a 1600-watt inverter (runs all your 240-volt appliances), Victron Energy Multi Plus 70A charger and a 5kv LPG-powered generator. Mechanically George is in great condition the engine sounds sweet and burns no oil. We have had him serviced every 3,000 miles. The coachwork is in good condition and all body panels are straight (there is slight fading to front graphics.) All tyres are in good condition and George comes with spare oil and fuel filters. New belts have been fitted to the alternator and air con. There is a spare wheel and tyre, a jack, axle stands and wheel stud socket. The mileage is 50k. Mentionables: The front near side lower bumper has a small crack. Upholstery is in good condition with some general wear. The driver and passenger captain’s chairs are in A1 condition. Kitchen twin sink has two chips. Replacement of the standard 5ft mattress is required and that’s it – George is all you could want in a reliable diesel-pusher American RV at a super price!

Into this

This is our much loved and well cared for GeorgieBoy that has taken us round Europe without any problems and has been a joy to use. Our circumstances have changed and reduced the time available to us for touring although we don’t want to give up completely so we would consider a PX for a panel van conversion with a cash adjustment.

George is an ideal RV for long-term touring or even full timing. George has a Spartan chassis with a Cummins Diesel 5.9lt diesel pusher engine (like a coach) that gives a genuine 14mpg. With an Alison four-speed fully automatic gearbox and power steering driving is a relaxed pleasure. Like a coach you ride smoothly on air-ride suspension.

George comes with all those luxuries associated with an American RV that make travelling in one of these spacious vehicles so enjoyable:

• Queen-sized walk around bed
  • Sofa-bed
  • Dinette for four
  • Large separate shower
  • WC
  • Airconditioning
  • LPG powered ducted air heating
  • 6 gallon hot water tank
  • well-equipped kitchen with twin sinks
  • large American-sized fridge-freezer
  • Panasonic microwave
  • double-glazed tinted windows;
  • satellite dish
  • Whirlpool washing machine!
  • Four 85Ah batteries
  • 1600-watt inverter (runs all your 240-volt appliances),
  • Victron Energy Multi Plus 70A charge
  • 5kv LPG-powered generator.
Mechanically George is in great condition the engine sounds sweet and burns no oil. We have had him serviced every 3,000 miles. The coachwork is in good condition and all body panels are straight (there is slight fading to front graphics.) All tyres are in good condition and George comes with spare oil and fuel filters. New belts have been fitted to the alternator and air con. There is a spare wheel and tyre, a jack, axle stands and wheel stud socket. The mileage is 50k.

Mentionables: The front near side lower bumper has a small crack. Upholstery is in good condition with some general wear. The driver and passenger captain’s chairs are in A1 condition. Kitchen twin sink has two chips. Replacement of the standard 5ft mattress is required and that’s it –

George is all you could want in a reliable diesel-pusher American RV at a super price!

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
ScotJim.....Jims point about using html is right.

The description needs breaking up into paragraphs with the relevant parts highlighted in bold. Makes it much easier to read and quick. Your original text layout will begin to bore people after the first few lines as there is far too much 'jumble'. Think of it like this. You are not writing a book, you are designing an advertisment. Big difference. The trick is giving all the information using the least amount of words.

I would also make a point of the fact that you have personally used it to live 24/7 fulltime in for the past however many years. That would be a 'selling feature' to someone like me considering going fulltime.

BTW.....50k on the clock. Is that genuine original with proof of MOT?

Good luck with the sale and once you get that panel van you will begin to wonder why you've travelled for days between tanking up.....rather than hours! :thumb:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
.....50k on the clock. Is that genuine original with proof of MOT?

:

Hi

yes
Genuine 50k with MOTs and service history , thanks for your input ..

After battling with html I think I'll leave it alone for a bit .. :roflmto:

Thanks to everyone who offered advice and help, Keith for rewriting and Jim for giving me a better layout and making me learn some html

I'm truly touched the way people on here rally round to help each other .. what a great site this is ... :Smile:

Thank you one and all

Jim

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
yes
Genuine 50k with MOTs and service history.....
Blimey......hardly run in yet then! Thats an average of 3,850mls a year.......same as what I did in just five weeks touring this year!

The joys of panel van touring is you don't really bother thinking out fuel costs to each journey.....just tank up 'n go!

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
After battling with html I think I'll leave it alone for a bit .. :roflmto:

You can also download Turbo Lister from ebay here: Link Removed

and do away with the need for HTML but still have all the features.
All the listing can be done offline and uploaded at any time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back