Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Advice/ideas on sought on fitting a new CBE panel
The current CBE panel has shown an anomaly icon since we got it
The technicians at the dealers couldn,t clear the icon -
Everything works fine and no alarm shows - but when the system is turned on and goes through its checks - red light comes on and the anomaly icon is displayed.

Dealer ordered a new one from Carthago and posted this out to us as they are a good distance to travel back to
No programing instructions come with it
I e mailed CBE in Italy and they can't help as they say they don't know what systems we have.

Fitting seems easy = just plug in the cables
But I am guessing that the new system will ask a series of questions when I first plug it in - and if I get this set up wrong then again an anomaly will appear.
Anyone fitted a new and can tell me if this is the case?
Also wondering if the existing CBE contral panel would keep some memory should I have a problem with the new one - so could just plug that back in if I come unstuck with the new one
Any advice appreciated

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Can't really help but some thoughts come to mind..
Firstly...mh control systems are getting far too clever :LOL:
More seriously though surely if the control panel is seeing an anomaly then that could be in the wiring/system it's checking and the new one would see the same fault.... unless of course it is a control panel fault... so to me you really need to find our what problem it's detecting..
I imagine there are many models available. .. maybe a picture or details of your model might help with some responses. .
You say everything works fine other than the anomaly whatever that is... I had similar on a diesel heater combitronic control panel... showed an error... but everything worked... one day I noticed it no longer showed the error... to this day I don't know what I did... maybe it's when the batteries were completely disconnected from the system ... have you tried killing everything completely and re booting so to speak....
All just thoughts....
Andy..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I believe these panels are to a degree customised for each manufacturer, however if the basic principles are the same as the one in my N+B I can help a bit. There is the standard user programming achieved through the PROG button, but there is a "deep" settings menu. To get to this switch the panel off at its power button, then hold the "PROG" button in whilst switching the power button back on. You will get new additions to the setting menu. Some of these are difficult to understand and N+B could not/would not tell me how to set them and CBE said ask manufacturer. So as mine was a replacement panel I went through the same settings menu on the old panel and noted them then set them on the new panel, a bit of a faf but got there in the end. So it might be worth exploring the "old" panel settings in the way I have described. May be it has a setting which has been activated but you do not have the option so it throws a wobbly? For example I have a fixed black tank but that option was not switched on in the replacement panel so no icons or tank readings, you may have the reverse, only an example not a definitive. If you keep a note of all the settings exactly, as they are now, you can trial and error search for the problem and still get back to your current base point.

OP
OP
SteveandSue
Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Thanks very much for all replies
The suggestion from sallylillian seems a very good option - the dealer did contact Carthago and they said that the icon shows a programming fault - so unfortunately as PE suggests dealer can't help - though to be fair they have tried and supplied a new unit
Agree with Andys thoughts on fault on system not panel -
Spoke with a caravan tech who suggested initial programming ? but also that it is a plug and play so just work straight away- clear as mud
Not a major problem just a niggle that I want to try and get to the bottom of
Will work through slowly as I don't want to make things worse as everything works OK - except the panel
hey ho
Thanks again

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just plug it in and if it goes bang I should be able to hear it from home.

Martin

For those that don't realise we live very close, and we are at home for another 12 hours anyway.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
As long as you learn Italian so you can navigate the menu and switch to English, you'll be fine!:)

OP
OP
SteveandSue
Feb 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Yep - did think about getting English/Italian dictionary from library before a start meddling with it - good reminder
Thanks Martin - least if it went bang then it would actually have a fault - instead of this pretend b....y fault!

OP
OP
SteveandSue
Feb 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi Richard - its a 2013 C -Tourer 148 -
Could I ask how you went about identifying it as the fresh water level indicator?
All the level indicators appear to be working OK = alarm and indicator comes on when water gets down - so seems OK? on the face of it anyway

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Richard - its a 2013 C -Tourer 148 -
Could I ask how you went about identifying it as the fresh water level indicator?
All the level indicators appear to be working OK = alarm and indicator comes on when water gets down - so seems OK? on the face of it anyway
Our van was one of the early 'Generation 2' Chic's where they had fitted an additional fresh water tank.
Unfortunately they don't seem to have adjusted the gauge or control panel to take the extra tank into account.
The panel shows low water level, so a red warning light, as soon as the extra tank empties even though there is 100+ litres left in the lower tank.
The dealers don't seem to have a fix so we just live with it now.

Richard.

OP
OP
SteveandSue
Feb 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi Richard - over complicated systems - ours isnt an alarm as such - just an anomally icon which then brings on the red light - if like you I knew what was causing it then that would be OK

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi Richard - over complicated systems - ours isnt an alarm as such - just an anomally icon which then brings on the red light - if like you I knew what was causing it then that would be OK
Do you have a pic of the icon it may be one that someone has as an option fitted and will recognise it?

OP
OP
SteveandSue
Feb 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Surely there is a method revealing this anomaly, just as there is when the vehicle "engine" light comes on. Hopefully easier than the vehicle engine light.

Well you would think so - but like many niggles on the van - the convertor passes to the particular manafacturer of the part - the dealer passes to the convertor - and so it goes on. And - I suppose because it is not stopping anything working - it is not urgent to get a fix for?
But the convertor - Carthago are suggesting that the dealer has set something up wrong, the dealer doesn't know what this can be? The manufacture of the control panel don't really want to know - and their get out clause it they don't know what systems are on the van -
There doesn't appear to be any set up instructions available?
Further to this - the dealer is a long way from us - which is our problem not theirs - so we can't just nip into the dealers and say sort this out please - and they have been helpful - but I think perhaps with these various modern electrical components the technicians are not that competent?
Sure we will sort it at some point (without a bang!)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well you would think so -

Horrible position to be in, very common years ago in computers "Not our software Sir, must be your computer" then the internet changed all that.

All I can suggest is glue yourself to Google and try every possible search you can, you can't be alone, you just need to be lucky enough to stumble across the data.

As has been said, MH dealers and car dealers cannot comprehend what they are selling so all they can do is blindly swap sub systems in the hope they get the right one and the client does not die of shock in the money process.

You could get brutal, "I am delivering the van on ............ return when it is fixed within a reasonable time of issue a refund".

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If you keep a note of all the settings exactly, as they are now, you can trial and error search for the problem and still get back to your current base point.

Brilliant advice and never unplug/unscrew anything with photographing first.

You can come unstuck if there is a layer of constants you don't know about and so can't transfer them. I used to have several layers in my setup routines, for the end user, for the supervisor, for the works engineer and finally for me "The Back Door".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back