Campsite to access Olympia ?? (1 Viewer)

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Anyone got any ideas of a campsite I could stay at to go to Olympia?

It's the 'France Show' at the end of Jan so needs to be open all year.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
There are no sites close to Olympia. Parking is a nightmare in that West London area too! The only way you can do it is to stay in the suburbs and travel in by the excellent public transport links

A couple of options, either the Abbey Wood Caravan Club site in South London, or the Lee Valley site (run by the local council) in North London.
Both are open all year round.

The former is 1hr 40mins away and the latter, 1hr 20 mins. This includes a short walking element to the journies.

Use tfl.gov.uk for journey planning
Hope this helps?

OP
OP
Onemanandhisdog
May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
There are no sites close to Olympia. Parking is a nightmare in that West London area too! The only way you can do it is to stay in the suburbs and travel in by the excellent public transport links

A couple of options, either the Abbey Wood Caravan Club site in South London, or the Lee Valley site (run by the local council) in North London.
Both are open all year round.

The former is 1hr 40mins away and the latter, 1hr 20 mins. This includes a short walking element to the journies.

Use tfl.gov.uk for journey planning
Hope this helps?

Thanks @wingman

Was hoping for something a bit nearer time wise than that, I'm about 2 hours away from home, so wouldn't be saving a great deal!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2014
weston s mare
Funster No
MH
frankia A class
Exp
some people use the vehicle park behind Earls Court when we go to Olympia horse show early December and not only to park they go back and stay overnight

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We stayed at Newbury Park CL Site when we went to Olympia. Nice pub next to the CL but a bit of a walk to the Station so we used our bikes.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks @wingman

Was hoping for something a bit nearer time wise than that, I'm about 2 hours away from home, so wouldn't be saving a great deal!

Think I would be using public transport then and setting out early. Did an Earls Court Boat Show once, used train from Newcastle on Tyne (6.00 start), managed a whole day at the show and late train back got me home around 01.00 next morning.
This assumes of course you only need one day at the show.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back