Is this one of the best aires ever???? (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Posted another aires video last night, that's four videos in four days.
Won't be able to keep up this pace so, depending on the weather, I will have a rest day today. (If the weather is good I need to wash the van):D

This aire is probably the best we have ever found, even though it's not free.
It is high in the hills half way between Millau and Rodez and set in lovely countryside. Quiet and peaceful with wonderful views over a huge lake there is loads of space, individual pitches and electric hook-up.

Have a look and let me know what you think. (y)

Richard.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Wow what a lovely view. Thanks for posting Im going to mark that one on the map for next time.

How close is the boulangerie etc?

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Wow what a lovely view. Thanks for posting Im going to mark that one on the map for next time.

How close is the boulangerie etc?
Knowing we were going to stay a few days we made sure we had adequate supplies with us so didn't venture into town.
However, we did see a couple on a nearby pitch go off on their bikes and come back with shopping.
There is a bar and a couple of shops just along the beach but only open in high season. The town/village is about 3km away.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thank you, can you remember how much it cost and can you help with a recurring problem of mine, how did you pay?

Looks like a useful campsite style aire, Bev does prefer to get her chairs out, but I do also like to have a shop in walking range, but as you say you can arrive with enough, I feel more obliged to spend in the town when the aire is free and close to shops :)

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Many thanks for sharing (y)
Campercontact sidecode: 30484 for those who are interested.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Thank you, can you remember how much it cost and can you help with a recurring problem of mine, how did you pay?
:)

It's all in the video David. ;)

But, just for you, it is payment by credit card at a machine like this when you enter, €11 per night. The machine issues a ticket with your reg. no on plus an 'exit code'. When you leave, drive up to the exit barrier and input the exit code into this machine. It will calculate if there are any additional days to pay, once again payment by card.
We stayed three nights so it was €11 on entry and €22 when leaving.

IMG_2197.jpg
IMG_2198.jpg

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
That's a lovely aire. Thanks for posting. I always look at your videos.
The payment system for this one seem to be the same as for the aire at Ouistreham. We had no problem with it there.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
This seems to be a rather popular video.
So far 315 views in just its first day, far more than is usual.

Its a shame I don't get paid but it's great that so many people seem to like the videos.
Thanks for watching everyone. (y):):)

Richard.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Posted another aires video last night, that's four videos in four days.
Won't be able to keep up this pace so, depending on the weather, I will have a rest day today. (If the weather is good I need to wash the van):D

This aire is probably the best we have ever found, even though it's not free.
It is high in the hills half way between Millau and Rodez and set in lovely countryside. Quiet and peaceful with wonderful views over a huge lake there is loads of space, individual pitches and electric hook-up.

Have a look and let me know what you think. (y)

Richard.

Bloddy he'll that's dangerous your driving on the.
Wrong side of the road
Bill

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Thanks for the heads up on this one,looks special. Will I manage the access 9m long + Trailer? Thanks.
Brian

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Nice one.

Though I am detecting a worrying trend here, municipal campsites closing. OK as long as they work out like this but sad if we lose them.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Nice one.

Though I am detecting a worrying trend here, municipal campsites closing. OK as long as they work out like this but sad if we lose them.

It seems that quite a few have been turned into aires.
I suppose its all down to the popularity of camping-cars with the French and not needing to use camp sites so much, together with the lower cost of running an aire when a machine can take over the admin.

Richard.

adonisito

Free Member
Oct 8, 2016
bognor regis
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano 675G
Exp
10 years
It's a good aire, but not the best ever. I suppose it depends on what you want. It has a barrier and it's paid for, nice lake though.

Reactions: DBK
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The municipal at Moulins has been turned into an aire too. It was free when we stopped there as the automatic barrier was not working. That one has a very short walk to a local supermarket and the town itself is just over the bridge.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
It's a good aire, but not the best ever. I suppose it depends on what you want. It has a barrier and it's paid for, nice lake though.

Free aires are great and I take full advantage when possible.

But, its all about location, location, location.
Lac de Pareloup has all three. :):)

Richard.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
We all have our favourite aires - a goodly number of mine are pot-holed/muddy/remote/difficult access/small/broken borne etc etc but....................... the setting and surrounding features is what it's all about. The aire itself is just a parking spot for the night, not a holiday destination.
Some sardine aires are really naff but the surrounding attractions make it worth while.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Always thought that stopping at nice Aires was part of the holiday. But everyone has different ideas I suppose. Roy

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We all have our favourite aires - a goodly number of mine are pot-holed/muddy/remote/difficult access/small/broken borne etc etc but....................... the setting and surrounding features is what it's all about. The aire itself is just a parking spot for the night, not a holiday destination.
Some sardine aires are really naff but the surrounding attractions make it worth while.
I completely agree GW.
A tatty carpark but with an amazing view or a lovely old village to wander around will always get my vote over a manicured sterile boring place.
If the aire is also good then it goes to the top of our 'favourites' list.

Richard.

SYLKE

Free Member
Aug 19, 2017
Funster No
Thank you for taking the time to post the video I really enjoyed it, very informative. Looks a lovely place just to sit and relax, but I must ask for the main man, is the lake accessible to a kayaker?:)

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Thank you for taking the time to post the video I really enjoyed it, very informative. Looks a lovely place just to sit and relax, but I must ask for the main man, is the lake accessible to a kayaker?:)
Yes, very much so.
Lots of folk there with boats when we were last there at the end of June, including kayaks.
This time I rode into town on my bike for morning croissants from the super bakery. there are also a couple of supermarkets in the town.
A couple of days before we left a bread van called, just in time for breakfast. I assume she only calls in the high season.
Lac de Pareloup is now a firm favourite with us.

Richard.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Yes, very much so.
Lots of folk there with boats when we were last there at the end of June, including kayaks.
This time I rode into town on my bike for morning croissants from the super bakery. there are also a couple of supermarkets in the town.
A couple of days before we left a bread van called, just in time for breakfast. I assume she only calls in the high season.
Lac de Pareloup is now a firm favourite with us.

Richard.

Us too thanks to your original post Richard(y)
IMG_6089.JPG

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Very nice, certainly better than the 'all in a line' car parks some prefer, just because they are free..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back