RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
can anyone recommend a site close to York city centre?
0r somewhere to overnight please ?

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Derwent Arms, Osbaldwick , York. YO10 3NP Tel 01904 413498

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Rawcliffe Park and Ride has an area for MHs probably all the others do too. You can't overnight there though.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Daytime parking is available at the P&R sites at Monks Cross, Grimston Bar, Designer Outlet and Rawcliffe Bar.

If you are a member of one of the clubs check their meet/THS pages as they often have events on bus routes into York.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Derwent Arms, Osbaldwick , York. YO10 3NP Tel 01904 413498
We stayed a night there when it was a C&CC CS but it ceased to be a CS some years ago.
According to this article there are plans to build on the field that was used.

Upvote 0

Deleted User
You can park on Foss Island Road right next to Bar wall nr Walmgate bar, hourly rate free after 6pm, ok to park overnight. Never tried sleeping there though.

Lin :)

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There is a Britstops somewhere outside York, have stayed there but can't remember where it is , but there is a bus stop right outside that takes you to the centre of town.

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@Jez and Lin ran a good meet at a site just outside York but there was a bus stop to York .. 10mins ride .. just outside site and the drivers stop right outside on way back if you ask.

Hope they see this and can tell you the details.

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
@Jez and Lin ran a good meet at a site just outside York but there was a bus stop to York .. 10mins ride .. just outside site and the drivers stop right outside on way back if you ask.

Hope they see this and can tell you the details.

It was at Rufforth , Joy. They have a CL there and let you have rallies on one of the fields.

Upvote 0

easy

Free Member
Oct 7, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
This may help, interactive map showing sites stopovers and MH parking
Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 13.55.33.png
10km around York Link Removed

Upvote 0

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
There are one or two CS or CL sites around Naburn plus Naburn Lock Caravan Park. Further afield there is Cawood Park at Cawood, also the Castle Inn - which has a field behind the pub for campers. Cawood is a bus ride from York and is closer to Selby.

Upvote 0

Deleted User
There is a Toby pub on the outskirts near Malton road on bus route into York, you can stay in the car park if you eat in the pub at some point.

Lin :)

Upvote 0

easy

Free Member
Oct 7, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Be a bit careful about relying on that web site. It still has the Derwent Arms former CS (referred to above) shown so may contain other errors.
Why shouldn't it be? Its still open and available for camping (I have just rung them) although they were surprised they are not listed on the CCC website

For someone who also runs a data website you should also know data changes constantly and is nigh on impossible to be 100% correct 100% of the time. Fortunately a lot of members continually submit changes.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Why shouldn't it be? Its still open and available for camping (I have just rung them) although they were surprised they are not listed on the CCC website

For someone who also runs a data website you should also know data changes constantly and is nigh on impossible to be 100% correct 100% of the time. Fortunately a lot of members continually submit changes.
I don't have the relevant C&CC magazine any more but I recall being surprised on reading that the Derwent Arms had ceased to be a CS because it was in such a convenient location. It isn't listed in the C&CC app either (not just the main web site). Either the C&CC has made a mistake in deleting it or perhaps the owners haven't realised that they need to renew their certificate annually.

I certainly appreciate the way in which data changes. That is why I changed the structure of my site several years ago to point direct to data sources rather than have it go out of date so easily as with some of the entries on searchforsites.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
searchforsites also points to the Derwent Arms own website which also still mentions they welcome campers.
Yes, I appreciate that but that doesn't mean it is still a CS. As mentioned, perhaps the owners didn't realise they had to renew their certificate.
I've just checked the C&CC POI set and the Derwent Arms isn't in there either.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

You are flogging a dead horse on here, recommending searchforsites, they all seem to have a downer on it for some reason, I think he's done a brilliant job but I have found that park4night is far better now.

Upvote 0

easy

Free Member
Oct 7, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I don't have the relevant C&CC magazine any more but I recall being surprised on reading that the Derwent Arms had ceased to be a CS because it was in such a convenient location. It isn't listed in the C&CC app either (not just the main web site). Either the C&CC has made a mistake in deleting it or perhaps the owners haven't realised that they need to renew their certificate annually.

I certainly appreciate the way in which data changes. That is why I changed the structure of my site several years ago to point direct to data sources rather than have it go out of date so easily as with some of the entries on searchforsites.
You are flogging a dead horse on here, recommending searchforsites, they all seem to have a downer on it for some reason, I think he's done a brilliant job but I have found that park4night is far better now.
He is me, its my site

Upvote 0

easy

Free Member
Oct 7, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Right mate, like your site , nothing to touch it in uk but a bit bare in Europe, I have added one or two for you this last month.(y):)
All contributions welcome (although I wouldnt say over 19,000 sites is "a bit bare" :) 26,421 altogether, 7350 in the UK)

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
He is me, its my site
You'll be interested in Link Removed then.

When I first started my web site I used to take submissions of parking spots from individuals but found that many were based on assumption rather than fact. That is why I changed the structure of the site and link, instead, to the web sites of the car park owners. That means that when things are changed at source they are reflected automatically, which reduces the maintenance workload dramatically.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
image.png
All contributions welcome (although I wouldnt say over 19,000 sites is "a bit bare" :) 26,421 altogether, 7350 in the UK)
I'm not knocking mate , I have been one of your major supporters on here, but check Spain around port de la selva on searchforsites and compare it with this on park4night.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back