NEC - will you all be wearing your FUN badges? (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Getting the van ready over the next couple of days for driving down Wednesday morning so we'll make sure our badges are there.
Should I take binoculars so I can spot @DuxDeluxe before he sees me first? :LOL:
Don't worry........I'll see you both first. Don't want to actually have to buy a round.......;)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We are going for the day on Thursday and will wear our badges.

Does anyone know if you can park motorhomes in the general parking?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

You could when we went there a couple of years ago. Looked like several stayed overnight there (or managed to get exactly the same parking spot 2 days running!).

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990

Parked in the car parks last year no problem... in fact was well impressed with the organisation and parking facilities. .
Andy.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We will be getting the train again, Virgin from Watford junction takes about an hour and delivers you inside the nec... Have a few drinks without worrying about driving. Let the train take the strain. (y)

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
We shall be there Wednesday and hoping to day park our mh. Do not have Fun badges and was hoping that Fun might have had a presence but I see from the list they do not. Too dear I suppose pleased to see Vanbitz will be there.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We shall be there Wednesday and hoping to day park our mh.
You will be directed by NEC staff to the appropriate car park and will be able to park in with the cars. We've been as day visitors in the van twice and had no problems at all. The staff have been very efficient.

We aim to arrive for 11am on Wednesday (when our on site pitch will be available) relax and have lunch then go into the exhibition for the afternoon. Thursday and Friday we will be there all day (or until our legs start dropping off :D) before coming home on Saturday. Much more relaxing than staying elsewhere.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
We will be a day visitor on the Saturday. Toby carvery overnight Fri and back there on Sat evening. Don't have badges to wear but @eddievanbitz will see me coming a mile away where the special hot chocolate is on me!!(y)

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
We will be going on Thursday with a bit of luck. Will definitely be wearing our badges! Funster and proud!!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We will wear our badges and going on "cheapTuesday" :)just for the day !CC cheaper tickets!!
Hubbie says we don't need a new van and don't need any accessories !!!yeah right!!
May purchase some new crocs if the stall is there!!

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
We will wear our badges and going on "cheapTuesday" :)just for the day !CC cheaper tickets!!
Hubbie says we don't need a new van and don't need any accessories !!!yeah right!!
May purchase some new crocs if the stall is there!!

I can see a new very expensive purchase coming on Anthea :D You know you want to :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We are there from Thursday thru till Friday close, and will be wearing our badges with pride... (y) Looking forward to seeing all the stalls etc.. No MH needed.. Then staying at Warwick Castle for the weekend chilling !!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I can see a new very expensive purchase coming on Anthea :D You know you want to :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We are there from Thursday thru till Friday close, and will be wearing our badges with pride... (y) Looking forward to seeing all the stalls etc.. No MH needed.. Then staying at Warwick Castle for the weekend chilling !!
Sorry we will miss you this time. We loved Warwick cc site on the race course! A walk in to town and the castle was interesting especially with people dressed as characters ! Enjoy!!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Got my new van so never going to the NEC again. Horrible noisy crowded place with no where to sit without paying a fortune.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
No badge and no packed lunch :cry:

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Got my new van so never going to the NEC again. Horrible noisy crowded place with no where to sit without paying a fortune.

Tend to agree. Round trip of 250 miles, 2 nights at official camping park + admission - not much change out of £150.

Been to the NEC a couple of times in the past. Might be tempted back if could park overnight for free in their many carparks. Don't need the "all singing all dancing" CC camper park @ £30 per night + the noise of the generators which prevent me from getting a good nights sleep.

It's a shame really, because a lot of effort is put in by all the exhibitors, take @eddyvanbitz as an example.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We were actually surprised in February how many small groups of tables and chairs were dotted around the walls and in corners for people to eat their packed lunches.
I was trying to hide in the corner from you both, but you found me...... you must have had a sniffer dog for the malt supply :p

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We were actually surprised in February how many small groups of tables and chairs were dotted around the walls and in corners for people to eat their packed lunches.
A day at the NEC must bring back memories of your old school trips Graham.....:)

Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
Going on Friday...but I don't have a badge....or a van sticker...:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!