Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
Early this year I had £23 on my Skype account, I have just viewed my Skype account and they have taken all my money without notification, :Angry: I have tried to find an e-mail address or phone number to contact them to complain, but can't find one, does any one know how to contact Skype please? :Angry:

delbert

Free Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
From Skype Web Site

Skype Technologies SA

P.O. Box 75538

Luxembourg 1070 AM

Luxembourg

Registered through: GoDaddy.com

Domain Name: SKYPE.COM

Created on: 23-Apr-03

Expires on: 23-Apr-09

Last Updated on: 05-Apr-04

Administrative Contact:

Hostmaster, Hostmaster admin@skyper.net

Skyper Limited

P.O. Box 75538

Amsterdam 1070 AM

Netherlands

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Skype-out credit expires after 180 days from the last use. The first time I bought some, I remember seeing a warning to this effect. All you have to do to keep it alive is make one call (on day 179?) - perhaps to your home land-line. It is detailed in their terms & conditions.
I am assuming this is why you lost your credit - happened to me once when I forgot to 'make that call'.

Philip

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
To be fair to Skype, they do point out when we buy credit that "Unused Skype Credit will be lost if your account has no activity for 180 days."

They have a contact form Here.

Graham

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
After trying really hard with Skype and getting errrr.. well not a great service, I shopped around for alternatives

I have been using JAJAH IP Telephony Platform / Low-Cost International Calls for about 3 years now and have found it excellent

Rather than using a full VOIP system it uses your home fone .. You simply enter the number you want to ring ( or call it up from your Jajah address book ) and click go.

Your home fone rings and you answer it. You hear a voise say 'please hold, Jajah is connecting your call' and then the person you are calling will get a fone call just like normal.
No worries about a poor internet link or anything :Smile:

And.... calls to other people registered on Jajah are free just like a voip system !

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Early this year I had £23 on my Skype account, I have just viewed my Skype account and they have taken all my money without notification, :Angry: I have tried to find an e-mail address or phone number to contact them to complain, but can't find one, does any one know how to contact Skype please? :Angry:

I have just emailed them on this address internet site of there's for myself

Link Removed

and the email returned came back on this email address

Skype English Support <en_support@skype.net>

Hope it is of some help to you Mel

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
I too have jahjah , but unfortunately I can't take a land line with me so it is much more expensive than skype out

but I have a skype phone , and use it regularly for skype out when on the road so don't lose my credit

ocsid

Free Member
Dec 20, 2008
Funster No
Off original thread but the "Free Skype" offered on "3 mobile" actually includes use of your Skype Out account for non UK phone and mobile numbers.
So if your into ringing abroad a lot as we do, often away from home its a big saving.
It does not allow you to use Skype Out for UK numbers as that would undercut their own charges. It automatically edits your Skype contacts list of phone numbers and displays just the foreign ones on the mobile.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i also lost nearly £10 through inactivity on the account.

bought it while in america to call Abbey to sort out a blocked debit card and never needed it again but i remembered to make a call every six months but not the last one so lost it.:cry:

that american 20min, 17p call ended up costing a tenner.:Angry:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
I've also had problems with VOIPbuster, I opened an account and put only a small amount on to see how the system worked, well all was well and when the balance got down to about 5 Euros I tried to put some more money on and their system would NOT accept it, same card, same address, same everything.

And like most of these internet things they refused to answer my e-mails,and I couldn't find a telephone number, it's a disgrace but what can you expect from people these days, really makes me angry.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
i also lost nearly £10 through inactivity on the account.

bought it while in america to call Abbey to sort out a blocked debit card and never needed it again but i remembered to make a call every six months but not the last one so lost it.:cry:

that american 20min, 17p call ended up costing a tenner.:Angry:

And that's for a Yorkshireman - so it's Real pain. Sorry John, couldn't resist it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back